Author Topic: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.  (Read 16018 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: Tanks rounds shooting down aircraft.
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »
I've shot down planes in my tank more times than I can count.

I think that it is the funniest damned thing that one can do in this game.  I'm surprised that out of all the things mentioned: skill, modeling, zoom, etc that the one other BIG factor that is involved here.   Some have way more of it than others.  It's the same thing that pays me 30:1 on a snake-eyes or boxcars bet (the odds of each, actually being 35:1)

Those of you that get killed in your plane by a tank need to keep your sorry tulips from shooting at my table, or at least wear a sign   :devil

I do the same thing. Shoot IL2's with a tank all of the time if they dive in at a shallow angle and the turret will line up on them they are finished. Second little trick is to fire an HE round into the ground just as the plane is in its lowest dive point over your tank. It will kill the plane as well.. I had a guy bombing and firing at my tank last week. I shot him with my main gun and he PM'd me pissed off calling me a cheat.. I told him to look at my score and he could see that I wasnt a cheat.  He is trying to kill me in a plane. Am I supposed to sit back and let him do it? I agree with Von Mesa on this one. It is fun stopping the bomb**** with an AP or HE round... Or the guy that keeps getting killed in a tank so he ups an IL2 or A20 to get his revenge.. The down side is if the Pilot dives in at a steep angle that cannot be reached by my turret, I am toast cause he killed me with that IL2....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:55:30 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
You see sky, you would be screwed if I ever turned bomb tard. I can't aim bombs worth watermelon in a shallow dive (although I can get lucky sometimes), it has to be a dive steeper than (about) 45 degrees.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
You see sky, you would be screwed if I ever turned bomb tard. I can't aim bombs worth watermelon in a shallow dive (although I can get lucky sometimes), it has to be a dive steeper than (about) 45 degrees.
Lets hope you dont become a bomb****.. :salute :aok

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
I don't think I will. I'll bomb if there is no other chance at stopping them (I'm not going to up a firefly or a tiger to try and stop 5 or 6 tigers from camping a field), the I will bomb them. But past that, I'm content to create fireballs with a '75  :banana:.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Panzerace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2010, 01:07:22 AM »
I have over 70 aircraft kills with an M4-76 and most of them are with the main gun.  Some pilots can execute a strafe on a tank and not put their plane in jeapordy by knowing the proper angle of attack, meaning they stay at such an angle that no gun on the tank will have a solution on them.  Lets face it, this is a computer game and not reality.  Im sure Wile E. Coyote would have alot to complain about if he was real, but again, its fantasy.  How far do you want to take it as far as reality?  I am a terrible pilot, so would it be fare to say I shouldn't have to fly against the best pilots in the game because they shot me down all the time?  Just my $0.02 worth. :old:
“No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.” GSP

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2010, 02:18:54 AM »
It's the ghost of General J.E.B. Stuart.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
Just out of interest, do any of you regularly hit airborne enemy planes with the B-25H's cannon?

Only once.  It was a Zero,  and talk about a BOOM!  I was very close to the con, maybe 300-400 out.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2010, 09:37:17 AM »
Show me one instance of a tank shooting down an aircraft at speed with it's main gun during WWII while in flight.

This is what I would like to see matter fact I would like to see more than 1 time a tank shot a plane with its main gun.

It didn't happen and is complete gamery BS. It happens all the time to me when I take a b-25. Completely ridiculous!
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
It's the ghost of General J.E.B. Stuart.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

wrongway

After following the discussion and viewing Wrongways historical documents  :lol (I used to read those comics when I was a kid) I retract my +1.  Fine the way it is HTC.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 09:53:09 AM »
Yet AKAK kills GV's at will with the B25, and I bet he rarely if ever eats a 17lber.  Hmmm.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
Yet AKAK kills GV's at will with the B25, and I bet he rarely if ever eats a 17lber.  Hmmm.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2010, 11:10:08 AM »

It was possible but it didn't happen. Learn to attack tanks at a steeper angle
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »
This is what I would like to see matter fact I would like to see more than 1 time a tank shot a plane with its main gun.

It didn't happen and is complete gamery BS. It happens all the time to me when I take a b-25. Completely ridiculous!
And what do you propose to do about it?  If the tank turrets traverse at the proper speeds, have guns that elevate at the proper speeds, have the proper rates of fire, proper muzzle velocities and the rounds lose energy at the proper rates, what then?

Yes, it is gamey, but it is gamey because it is a game and people master things that people in reality had no chance to master.  Live with it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
And what do you propose to do about it?  If the tank turrets traverse at the proper speeds, have guns that elevate at the proper speeds, have the proper rates of fire, proper muzzle velocities and the rounds lose energy at the proper rates, what then?

Yes, it is gamey, but it is gamey because it is a game and people master things that people in reality had no chance to master.  Live with it.

I don't think it can be said any better than that.  If people can't accept this than there is nothing to do to make them happy.  :rolleyes:
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline DeViouS1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »
Ok lets cut the crapolla here!! #1. If your coming in on an angle that a tank can shoot you down, then that is your bad not the tankers. Dive down on it from above and give the tank no shot at your plane along with keeping your speed up as most have figured out long ago. You have business trying to ho a tank anyway. Most of the time the tank is either preoccupied in battle with another tank or moving to get away or where it's going so this also gives you the option to NOT FLY INTO IT'S TURRET  :rofl If you see it pointed directly at you then pull up and try again. Try the back door or side, not the heavily armored front as well #2 Read the description of a T34 on the Homepage where it warns you to watch out for it's turret as it has no pintle gun. That along with speed are its only two defenses againsed staffing bomb****s trying to rack up their assists before flying home. I'm aware there are times a tank has to be marked for friendly gvs or killed with guns due to having no ords but the group who started this thread aren't those people. It's the people who will fly what ever distance climb to whatever alt. to clear mountain just to get there A20 or other bomb****ing plane to a good gv battle so they can mess it up. Most of the time it's a spawn battle with neither side looking to take the others base either. just a good tank furball. They see that and  :O Easy Kills! Easy Kills!  :O I think I'll bomb**** for 3 hours straight! That will get my name in lights for all to see!!! Then one 1000lber dropped, then another, I got two of them!! But now I'm out of ords... What do I do know??  :headscratch: I know! I'll stafe the tanks and get some assists! If you do that for the purpose of spotting I can understand that... But most DO NOT. Either way, that's where I come in  :devil I LOVE the fool who wants to give my location away by countless staffing runs. Most either lawn dart of even collide there angle is so poor if I don't pop them for them first for coming in so low and foolishly hoing a tank. Then they get angry and you see a post like this because they can't get there dive angles right and strafe till there bingo. My advise is take your 2 kills and go home or gain alt. and wait for a con to come and engage you. Don't whine on the forums for your poor tactics. If you ARE getting shot down at far distances by tanks there are two things you must remember. One is that more then likely you were over a gv battle like i said and you the tank that got you wasn't the only tank shooting at you. There were probobly a handful that missed as well so it wasn't a one shot one kill scenerio. probly had 10 to 20 shots that missed you. The second is that YES, it was a lucky shot! There is no formula to shooting down planes at far distances. Although you can get a tad more accurate over time the main deciding factor is luck, along with your angle and speed which would again be your errors. And last but certainly not least, #3 the IL. The IL is slow, and a big target for tanks but a skilled IL pilot can turret and even kill a tank even if hoing it. I've shot down many planes in panzers, M4's, and T34's, but the IL is one mean gv killer. With the proper aim and angle I've been killed many times by an IL in distances of 1K out even when coming in level with me. The ones I do kill are the ones who can't aim very well in them and come right on the deck with no speed what so ever. Usally I wait for a plane to get within 600 out before popping out a round at it which most of the time is to late when your dealing with a good IL pilot who knows where to aim and how to fly them. So i take it a tank should have absolutely NO defense against IL's?? If one ups and you have no air cover then that's it, might as well bail right?? Give me a break.. Bottom line is this thread was for the whining bomb****s who can't or didn't make it home to land his tard kills or rearm so he can fly back and do it again.  :cry  :furious My heart goes out to you.. Funny you won't see them in a gv ever participating in the ground war below them, Just messing it up for the few that are on the ground enjoying a good gv fight. Sorry but the truth hurts. Maybe next time I see a furball I'll spend the night flying bombers over again and again and again dropping Fighter Hangers all night long...  :neener: <S> DeViouS               
"Behold the pale horse... And the man who rode upon it was death, and hell followed with him"  "revelations"