Author Topic: The new CV guns  (Read 4309 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: The new CV guns
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2010, 08:28:17 AM »
I haven't seen anyone give the most obvious answer to this change . . .

It is to stop all the whining of "teh spiez in the SB not firing at the CV".  Now you will be able to clearly see that they are indeed shooting.

+1

I was thinking that exactly the other night as I saw the SB fire.

"Look, there is someone in there shooting"

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2010, 11:17:07 AM »
wrgwy touched on it, there have many many requests for some kind of system to track your shells.  Prior to the update, it was very difficult to tell what shells were your own while firing at a target.  This system allows you to track the shells and figure out what adjustments need to be made to your shot.  I don't think it's a perfect system, can they not design it so that only the shooter can see them?  Anyway, as ThndrEGG said, it's probably a concession to improve game play.

This is the reason they were put back in.

HiTech

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2010, 11:19:05 AM »
This is the reason they were put back in.

HiTech

Awesome.   I'm glad they can now "track", but "give up their firing" as a consequence.   Fair trade off and it does look awesome from the air.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
Awesome.   I'm glad they can now "track", but "give up their firing" as a consequence.   Fair trade off and it does look awesome from the air.

OK got me there.....it does LOOK awesome! and after further review it is easier to zero in on targets, but it is still easier to track the cv....oh well guess it is a wash in retrospect!