Author Topic: Miles Sound System  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Miles Sound System
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
If they made these changes deliberately, I'm not so sure it would occur to them that it needs fixing.

Its more likely that your expectations are skewing the results. Since you expect to experience 'A' when instead you experience 'B' you are immediately unhappy and refuse to accept the correctness of the new result. This is a known human trait of unwillingness to accept change.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
If they made these changes deliberately, I'm not so sure it would occur to them that it needs fixing.

You have to start somewhere. First implementation was pulled due to some unforseen problems. Second implementation took away a popular fixture, component sound control. Third implementation added the control back in.

I'm sure they will adjust further as more feedback comes in.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
Gentlemen many people do not seem to know there are 2 issues that are changed.

One is Miles sound system, make sure you select your speaker layout. This makes all sounds sound a little different, for all of us at HTC and many others, this system creates a deeper richer sound.

The other thing that has changed has nothing to do with Miles, We have changed many sound settings in the game, things like sound ranges, sound ranges when your engine is running, different settings if you are hearing a vehicle or plane...,and how they fall off with range along with ranges at which they are no longer played. This has nothing to do with the miles system.

HiTech

Typical  Its not us its your machines...LOL I better start with my Power supply.  Also If we only understood better then we would realize its really not a problem.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »
I have the sound configuration set to EAX 4.0 and I hear the surround sound just nicely and the quality of sound is a big improvement over the old sound system.  I think maybe just the sound distances on a few of the sounds needs to be adjusted but those have really nothing to do with the sound system itself.  Also, when the custome sound packs with the sounds tailored for the Miles system things will also improve greatly.  I'm happy with these changes, it's been a long time coming.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
Typical  Its not us its your machines...LOL I better start with my Power supply.  Also If we only understood better then we would realize its really not a problem.

No where in that statement of mine did I even hint at anything that you insinuate. The statement was simply to separate the two issues so people can explain their issues better.

You would be hard pressed to find anywhere with out absolute knowledge of an issue where I say it isn't our problem. Even then we have found the issue by isolating the problem that we could not fix.

HiTech

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
Its more likely that your expectations are skewing the results. Since you expect to experience 'A' when instead you experience 'B' you are immediately unhappy and refuse to accept the correctness of the new result. This is a known human trait of unwillingness to accept change.

No where did I say I was unhappy or that I refused to accept anything. You are so quick to flame people you don't bother reading what they write. All I asked was how the the new sound system was an improvement over what we had before.  Get it right cupcake.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
You implied through your post that 'they' (HTC) deliberately made changes that 'then' needed fixing. This implicates you as not accepting the blame yourself.

And dont call me cupcake there Francis.

EDIT: BTW my implication was that you are unwilling to accept change. In other words: Stubborn. Your proving it now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:10:00 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 09:17:50 PM »
Gentlemen many people do not seem to know there are 2 issues that are changed.

One is Miles sound system, make sure you select your speaker layout. This makes all sounds sound a little different, for all of us at HTC and many others, this system creates a deeper richer sound.

The other thing that has changed has nothing to do with Miles, We have changed many sound settings in the game, things like sound ranges, sound ranges when your engine is running, different settings if you are hearing a vehicle or plane...,and how they fall off with range along with ranges at which they are no longer played. This has nothing to do with the miles system.

HiTech

And you proved you open your mouth before you read.  HTC said they changed things. To me that is doing things intentionally.  And no where did I say they needed fixing.  Like I said, get it right cupcake.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »
Meh... stubborn francis.  :D

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
I'm more than willing to give HTC all the time they need to tweak these sound settings. Not to mention give all of our great sound designers time to create new sounds for the game.

I wasn't anywhere near as patient when the 'advanced' sound controls didn't exist. Give them time, this will improve with time too... the overall amount of complaining has diminished drastically already.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »
Delirium is it off somehow on your end? I get the high frequency doppler shift as planes approach front quarter but other than that this is Miles (pun intended) better. I can get the house shaking with audio from the speakers and still hear vox over headphones which to me is just what I asked for!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »
If you are experiencing an occasional scratchiness in your vox transmissions you might try turning Windows System Sounds to Off (no sounds).

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 03:30:14 AM »
I have noticed now that when I hear a engine sound and turn to see where it is it will be where the plane is, before the change the sound did not seem to link to where the plane was :old:

( my wife bought me a new sim seat, it must be the new sound system ont the seat :old:)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:13 AM »
Despite how I feel about Sound Blaster they do have the best 3D positional hardware or at least the high end SB stuff does. In fact they may be the only game in town. The HT Omega can simulate 3D positioning but it does it by loading the CPU (minimally). I dont think there is an onboard system that offers positioning at all and the same is true of USB (except for high end headphones). Auzentech should be good too because it uses the X-Fi but I dont know for sure. I want to do some more testing with them but other things have me distracted right now.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 11:27:53 AM »
The latest Realtek HD audio chips do have 3D positioning capability. Though not as good as the latest Soundblaster cards, it's adequate. There are also fewer sound compatibility issues with the Realteks.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett