Author Topic: Young Players  (Read 4503 times)

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
Re: Young Players
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 11:39:37 PM »
Well I'm leaving the game for awhile because other adults have used foul language on me. That's besides the point though. I've seen fellow friends younger then me. Getting beat up about his age. I had to help em,even recomend them squads such as Claim Jumpers to help them out. Thankfully there we're squads such as Claim Jumpers and guys like Panzerace to help them. The point is I see teenagers and little kids getting picked on. Infact sometimes they say don't join my mission. Which as far as I'm aware all they did was ask a little question.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »
Although there are some really good squads for younger players... *Hint hint, nudge nudge* Sometimes we have to come to the unfortunate conclusion that they do in fact start it, and sometimes, like Stealth was saying, they are shown the wrath of the ordinary Joe and his short temperment.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »
True some kids get easily offended and start a little temper tantrume. Long the adults don't use foul language or act the same age as the other person.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2010, 01:51:25 AM »
My 7 year old nephew is not allowed to play this game, he shoots more planes then me :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2010, 04:07:56 AM »
if you really want to hear some bad language buy an X-Box and go on-line for a while.

That stuff will curl your toes and most of it comes with a high C pitch.

Point being there is a lot worse out there - but that doesn't mean it's OK in this game. Report people over and over again and don't tell them you're doing it. Send films by e-mail without notice.

But why complain in this forum? Surely your efforts could be better spent in getting the providers attention rather than broadcasting your frustration here amongst your peers. No-one is going to post and say "I swear and I'm not going to stop for you" or "I'm sorry it won't happen again". It just seems a wasted effort. And if the provider thinks it is a large enough problem we will all hear about it.

But everyone is tough behind a keyboard aren't they? Young crew are just like the rest of us - trying to get a bit of fun happening in the cartoon skies. Nothing wrong with that. It's also inclusive to spray "squeakers" at every point and makes you "one of the boys".

And maybe it's a good opportunity to point things out to a seven year old about taking the high moral ground and not going with the herd.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2010, 09:35:57 AM »
of course kids get offended......they're kids.

if any adult here actually says "don't join this mission"..or continually bullies any kid here..they're wrong for doing so.  I've jumped in a few times and reminded people I was flying with to knock it off.
I've also reminded chatty VOX squeekers that they were talking on a military channel..and said VOX is not for chatting.

there's equal opportunity morons on both sides of the issue...they just need be reminded.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »
if you really want to hear some bad language buy an X-Box and go on-line for a while.

+1, I hope you don't have one of those Stealth ;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »
50$$ says that check7 was the colprate,
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2010, 03:08:21 PM »
50$$ says that check7 was the colprate,

Culprit?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
Wouldn't be supprised. He seems to think that anything more than 50mi away from him is irrelivant. Hell, he squelched me once for warning of a low alt bomber hoard.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »
Though i don't abide bad language,i don't abide a lot of things people do on here and i always thought aces high Vox was tame compared to other on line games.But this is like the whole world packed in a box and if you would not let your 5 or 7 year old kid walk through a bar type place with mostly adult language ,i would not let them play aces high a mostly adult game eather.
You are not going to stop all the overreacting and hot handedness in this game ever,freedomes come at a price.
In closing yes we need perma squelch
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »
My sons (9 and 6) have grown up watching their dad fly Aces High.  Through this process they’ve both began their love and admiration for WW2 warbirds and the associated history.  We’ve amassed countless die cast metal and plastic planes over the years.  When some kids were learning their alphabet and numbers, my oldest was identifying warbirds instead.  It’s only been natural for them to either sit and watch me fly or take to the skies themselves in AH supervised by me. 

They’ve also collected several beautiful aircraft books by their request on visits to the book store.  My oldest wanted for a long time to go tell HTC about the airplanes he likes and hoped to see in the game.  He wanted to show Mr. Pyro and Mr. HiTech his “airplane science book”.  Back in March 2007 on Spring Break we went to visit my in-laws who live 10 minutes away from Grapevine TX.  I told my then 7 year old to choose the airplane book he wanted to bring on the trip and told him we would try and fulfill his request if we had time.

Well we got to stop by HTC briefly to let our 7 year old show them his “airplane science book”.  With excitement and nervousness he flipped through his book to show “Mr Pyro” the planes he liked.  I had no idea which pages he would flip to.  If I recall we looked at the Me 410, the Gigant, P-39, the Kingfisher, maybe the Hs 129.  I remember he spent some time pointing out the B-25 and particularly the diagrams in his book on B-25’s skip bombing ships which Pyro took some interest discussing.  I know it was memorable moment for my son.  As a dad I was full of pride and joy: pride that my son knew his planes, was forming his own opinions about them and sharing his intererst in them with others  -  joy that I get to share a common interest with him in airplanes (at least for awhile!).

The real kicker was later that week Pyro announced the vote to the community in March 2007 for which new plane to add to AH.  You should have seen the look on my son’s face when he found out that some of the very planes he showed Pyro were on the list to be voted on!

What’s my point in telling this story?  First some of us as parents do use AH as a medium to introduce our kids to WW2 warbirds in hopes that we can pass on our love and passion for these legendary planes and the brave men who flew them to the next generation.  2nd playing on Aces High with our kids is a way for some of us parents to develop common bonds and interests with them. 

Until HTC says otherwise, AH isn’t an adults only game.  There is no ESRB rating posted to suggest otherwise.  There are no limitations posted by HTC on age restrictions.  Perhaps this thread will bring some awareness to folks who’ve never considered this social aspect of AH before.  Maybe even a few may choose to behave differently when they realize that the AH arenas are more like public pools instead of nightclubs.  Who knows?  Maybe when HTC implements skip bombing in AH, it might have been a 7 year olds suggestion to them that tipped the balance.

:salute

Tango
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline longtime

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
This game is about as safe as it gets for youngsters. HTC has done what it can in my opinion.
If you don't agree, don't let your kids play it.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
No need for it no matter what age is playing.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2010, 07:06:26 PM »

Point being there is a lot worse out there - but that doesn't mean it's OK in this game.

ya, xbox live is just very foul, quite a bit of racism too.  Don't play much on there, but when I do, it is without the headset.  Of course with xbox and the huge subscription base, it's probably near pointless to even attempt to moderate.  At least in AH there is some moderation from both developers and community.  This would be a good situation for perma squelch, to take care of the rest.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"