Author Topic: Questions about the AVA  (Read 9838 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Questions about the AVA
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
Capt....I will work on the boss....just leave the icon thingy alone.  Its the right thing to do for realism's sake.

V/r

Changeup

Agreed!  Are you going to log off after you die?  It would be the right thing to do for realism's sake
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »
Agreed!  Are you going to log off after you die?  It would be the right thing to do for realism's sake

Point taken but that is what the 14.95 a month is for...the new shiny planes.  Realism without the danger....please dont tell me you're afraid.

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
Didn't think it was possible to be that full of it...nice job.  :aok
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
Didn't think it was possible to be that full of it...nice job.  :aok

:headscratch:

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2010, 03:14:34 PM »
Point taken but that is what the 14.95 a month is for...the new shiny planes.  Realism without the danger....please dont tell me you're afraid.

I can see why it is impossible to argue my point  :lol

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »

I can see from your posts that the AVA is just not for you. Lucky there are all those other arenas. One or more may be to your liking.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 03:47:35 PM »
I can see why it is impossible to argue my point  :lol

Really? Here's why:  This is computer programming imitating history...it wouldn't be much of a game if you paid $14.95 to die once...who would you have to brag to if you were the last guy standing?  Not the rest of us because we wouldn't be able to log back in.   I am wondering why you don't make the same impossible argument for the other arenas if it is so meritous.   Making an argument to die once vs icon removal is a bit more self-serving than realistic or else you would make the same argument for the other arenas.  I don't argue it with you because you know how ridiculous it really is. Sometimes making a point is enough....don't let the point become your head. :salute

V/r

Changeup

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »
Really? Here's why:  This is computer programming imitating history...it wouldn't be much of a game if you paid $14.95 to die once...who would you have to brag to if you were the last guy standing?  Not the rest of us because we wouldn't be able to log back in.   I am wondering why you don't make the same impossible argument for the other arenas if it is so meritous.   Making an argument to die once vs icon removal is a bit more self-serving than realistic or else you would make the same argument for the other arenas.  I don't argue it with you because you know how ridiculous it really is. Sometimes making a point is enough....don't let the point become your head. :salute

V/r

Changeup

Because no one is in this thread is talking about realism in the other arenas.  You guys brought up the subject (should I say excuse?) of realism so I used it.  You are right, it is a game and therefore it also ridiculous to claim that no icons is more realistic.  It can't be due to the limitations of the two dimensional screen, screen resolution, quality of graphics and art work, etc.  So, you cannot accept the need for the non realistic icon, but you do accept the unrealistic behavior of a dead rising and coming straight for you.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:30 PM »
Spamming two threads with your AvA "concerns"?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »
I can see from your posts that the AVA is just not for you. Lucky there are all those other arenas. One or more may be to your liking.

That is where you are wrong.  Just because I don;t agree with some things it does not mean the arena is not for me.  Just because you don;t agree with me, it does not mean the arena is not for me.  I was there before you and I will be there after you.  However, I don;t like some things and I voice my opinion.  If you guys want to count or respect the opinions only of the people that agree with yours that is fine with me, but don;t just discard someones arguments simply because you disagree with them.

If I did not like the AvA I would not be saying a word about it.

If you go back and read through all the posts and threads, other than insults, smart arse remarks, and the if you don;t like it leave responses you will not find any good arguments to have no icons.  Yeah, realism is one of them, but given the settings, the graphics, the flat screens, the battle conditions etc, what realism are we talking about?  In any case, you can achieve your realism by turning your icons off.  The problem is that you want mine off.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
Spamming two threads with your AvA "concerns"?

Spamming the wrong forum with AvA threads?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
Questions:

1. what would it take for you or your squad to frequent the AVA 1 night or more a week?

nothing, just not gonna happen....... would have to really be bored to fly in the AvsA anymore

2. what do you like about the AVA, if anything? (Please speak from experience)

I used to like to fly with the group of players that participated there, only a few of them are there these days

3. what do you dislike about the AVA, if anything? (again, please speak from experience)

the no enemy icons, I saw no problem with the "Limited distance Icon settings, that the AvsA always had before this recent change

now, I answered the questions....... I will give my personal view.....

The AvsA ( or CT arena of old ), always seems to go thru changing of hands, changing of the Staff? or what ever.. then there is the changing of the Player base in that Arena... sometimes certain types would claim it as their own little playground...... and in my view that is still happening today.... it's just a different group that want this "no icons" playground.

so if you like this type of gameplay, then show up and play

if you don't like it, then go somewhere else

but if it is so damn great, why is it that the only times there is any significant number of people playing in there, is only when something like the Twin Rivers Terrain comes out, or a few get together and plan to meet to have a showing of numbers?

any other time and it drops back to the same amount of players as it always has been..... only difference is the names of the players in those numbers... with only a very small few of any of the original older players, still sticking around....

best of luck to the AvsA and AvsA Staff........ I know ya'll work very hard at keeping the flame lit and trying to keep people in that arena

:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:37:48 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
That is where you are wrong.  Just because I don;t agree with some things it does not mean the arena is not for me.  Just because you don;t agree with me, it does not mean the arena is not for me.  I was there before you and I will be there after you.  However, I don;t like some things and I voice my opinion.  If you guys want to count or respect the opinions only of the people that agree with yours that is fine with me, but don;t just discard someones arguments simply because you disagree with them.

If I did not like the AvA I would not be saying a word about it.

If you go back and read through all the posts and threads, other than insults, smart arse remarks, and the if you don;t like it leave responses you will not find any good arguments to have no icons.  Yeah, realism is one of them, but given the settings, the graphics, the flat screens, the battle conditions etc, what realism are we talking about?  In any case, you can achieve your realism by turning your icons off.  The problem is that you want mine off.

It has nothing to do with agreeing or not agreeing. Do you complain so much about everything you like? What do you do when you don't like something? Is there a difference? :D

Your wrong on no good arguement. Might be because it disagrees with your thoughts on it. The simple fact that the arena gives those who do like no icon, a place to fly. There is no other arena with that going for it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:53:56 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
LIKE I said before.....my first night in the ava was the most overall enjoyment i've had ingame in quite awhile.

now that doesn't mean i don't enjoy myself in midwar, where i normally hang out. i very much DO enjoy it in there. there's a lot of guys that are fun to fight with, and against in there.
 it doesn't mean i think i'm better than anyone(we all know how many pee38's i've wrecked), or have better SA than anyone else. i wouldn't even say it has anything to do with realism(some i guess, but not all).

what it DOES mean, is that it is a fresh area, with a fresh challenge, and a group of great pile-its that i've not had the opportunity to fly with or against.
 if nothing else, that alone is a good reason for me to go in there. in time, i may come to not enjoy it, but i cannot predict that.

what i do know, is that i'll probably spend more of my time in there in the near future(at least as long as i can get my pee38), and i'll probably keep doing some of my sortie write ups from runs in there.

it's just a different kind of fun. nothing more, nothing less.

i could relate it to archery......some of us swear by our compound bows, while others swear by their recurve bows.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
 In any case, you can achieve your realism by turning your icons off.  The problem is that you want mine off.

He does have a point. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!