Author Topic: is this necessary  (Read 3127 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: is this necessary
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 04:44:26 PM »
For example http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,292342.0.html , because I agree that simply moving the caps 1-2 hours later won't work at all.

I think we both know that that is not going to happen.  A lot of effort on HTs site and a lot of opportunity for problems.  What happens if I was ready to win the war in the other arena? lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2010, 04:45:11 PM »
I think we both know that that is not going to happen.  A lot of effort on HTs site and a lot of opportunity for problems.  What happens if I was ready to win the war in the other arena? lol

It can be won next day.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VoX

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »
I don't expect HTC will change any of this as the Euro's keep complaining and he keeps ignoring (How does that sand taste?), good luck with that business plan when Storm of War eventually gets released and it includes a 64 player online element. (Hmmm, whats the differenciator of that from AH I wonder at Shafto Rama time?) :devil

Expect a Lock on this thread soon theres too much discention!

VoX.
Shoot! I smell Zack! Doom's a Fairy, Jimmy's a drunk, RT is very suspicious!
how do I start my engine...no seriously, How?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
I don't expect HTC will change any of this as the Euro's keep complaining and he keeps ignoring (How does that sand taste?), good luck with that business plan when Storm of War eventually gets released and it includes a 64 player online element. (Hmmm, whats the differenciator of that from AH I wonder at Shafto Rama time?) :devil

Of course we all gonna quit in favor of a 64-player max game, because we are upset about a 100 player cap here ...  :headscratch: :lol

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
I think the analogy is closer to this:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,296813.msg3789935.html#msg3789935

edit: I still back multiple arenas, with fixed map-dependent caps. let us chose where to fly.

I fail to perceive a difference in the analogy. In either scenario the hypothetical business has had to make a decision that best supports it's ability to provide the best experience at the busiest of times by implementing a solution that at other times is not as popular.  And in our hypothetical restaurants, we both know what the answer would be - a number of people who might desire to eat there at the off-peak times if they could get the same experience as is available at the peak time would choose to eat elsewhere.  I'm sure that if (when) that happens here HTC is no more happy than the hypothetical restaurant owner.   But both have a solution that suits the largest number of people.

I don't honestly understand how the fixed map-dependent caps would be better.  In fact, it might often be significantly worse - if either arena has a cap of half of the daily average, then one arena might go all night on a slow night with 50 players in it total. On another night there might be NO slots available in either one.

As it is now, both reach "critical mass" in the least amount of time possible, and there's always room for another player. 

I'm not arguing in favor of them by the way.  I'm arguing against the 9000th whine I've read about the same issue.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »
if either arena has a cap of half of the daily average

no dynamic caps of any kind - fixed caps at whatever is appropriate for each map. :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 10:20:38 PM »
Sorry about the multiple posts, screen locked up, and I hit the button a couple more times. :(
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »

Of course we all gonna quit in favor of a 64-player max game, because we are upset about a 100 player cap here ...  :headscratch: :lol

ok, keep it real.  Express your opinion without worrying about that cookie  :lol  Your complain is that you can only log in into an arena with 20 or so guys.  I don;t think you were complaining about 100.  So, several rooms with 64 may be better than one room with 20 guys waiting to get into the other arena, right?

That been said, I probably have 1000 other reasons to stay here.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »
ok, keep it real.  Express your opinion without worrying about that cookie  :lol  Your complain is that you can only log in into an arena with 20 or so guys.  I don;t think you were complaining about 100.

Actually I am. ;)  While 100 is not as horrible as 20, it's still much less fun and gives much less gameplay opportunities than 200.

200 players total being split into two arenas just sucks.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2010, 08:20:21 AM »

Actually I am. ;)  While 100 is not as horrible as 20, it's still much less fun and gives much less gameplay opportunities than 200.

200 players total being split into two arenas just sucks.

yeah, but that depends on the game setup.  The AvA can be fun with just 10 guys, but the MA can't.  So, unless we know how that game is set up, we cant tell if 64 is a lot or not enough.

You are welcome Jagger  :lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »
I noticed this thread has no fancy graph yet...  :D

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 08:33:10 AM »
quite.

large map LWO fixed cap of say 750, small map LWB fixed cap say 450. everyone can chose where they want to fly. :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »
quite.

large map LWO fixed cap of say 750, small map LWB fixed cap say 450. everyone can chose where they want to fly. :aok

Why don't you just say "single arena, no cap"? Because that's what your proposal amounts to. ;)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »

Why don't you just say "single arena, no cap"? Because that's what your proposal amounts to. ;)

Whats wrong with that?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
Whats wrong with that?

Did I say that?