Author Topic: Why is early and mid war arena such flops?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Why is early and mid war arena such flops?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »
EW has always had low player numbers. Plus if you want to GV you have the T-34/76 and the T-34/76 did I mention the T-34/76. Even one more tank say the Panzer-III with the 50MM gun would be nice but more equipment will not change things as to the number of players in those arenas. I always look at numbers of players when I log in and always log into the arena that has the highest number of players. Sometimes I will log into another less populated arena to escape certain maps I hate. I can think of no cleaver answer to the low numbers in WWI EW and MD. While I like MW play the best it would seem I am a minority. It is what it is.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2010, 10:08:55 AM »
EW has always had low player numbers. Plus if you want to GV you have the T-34/76 and the T-34/76 did I mention the T-34/76. Even one more tank say the Panzer-III with the 50MM gun would be nice but more equipment will not change things as to the number of players in those arenas. I always look at numbers of players when I log in and always log into the arena that has the highest number of players. Sometimes I will log into another less populated arena to escape certain maps I hate. I can think of no cleaver answer to the low numbers in WWI EW and MD. While I like MW play the best it would seem I am a minority. It is what it is.

bolded........]

you know how many people say "if there were higher numbers, i'd go there"? and then they all never go there? yet, if all that said that about any particular arena went there, then said arena would be more highly populated?

i kind of proved a point of going to an arena with the ava last week. i logged in. there were only 2 in there when i did. so i went wasting time shooting ground targets. within 45 minutes, there were 10 in there. made for some great fights. i know 10 isn't a lot, but it proves a point.....if you might want to go to an arena, but see low numbers...go there anyway, and more will come.

and FYI........neither of those arenas mentioned in the OP are failures. they both have dedicated players, which in my opinion makes them a success.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
  I agree with the numbers thing. People go to where the most are when they log in. If for some odd reason everyone in the LW decided to go EW, the next guy to log in would see EW max'd out and go there.

Why LW has the numbers to begin with I agree with the hotrod idea, as well as you can get all the rides you want.

~AoM~

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »
I always look at numbers of players when I log in and always log into the arena that has the highest number of players.

That's the thing you can't discount.

Start with the fact that most players prefer the LW planes, then even though there may be a sizable number of players that would prefer EW, MW, or the AvA, a lot of them will trade their preference for the arena that has the most players in it.

It's a self perpetuating "lemming effect".

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 10:49:27 AM »
it was not so in past time ...  :devil
mobilis in mobile

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »
wanna see something interesting, and kind of funny?

stand outside of a mall on the sidewalk. don't say anything. just look up. watch how many people look up to see what you're looking at.

now, take that to ah. go into an empty arena. give it a few. more will most likely come.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
there you go using logic again.. I can see heads exploding all around the world

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:46 AM »
there you go using logic again.. I can see heads exploding all around the world

well....the looking up thing.....that;s always been good for a silly laugh, as long as i can remember. best part is if you can get the same people more than once.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
cap is right at the time of the arena split we chose to stay in the EW arena. and at that time we could see like over 40 people in EW .and there was 2 main squads that had some real good fights .till 1 squad decided to play the game for squad standings .and they started dodging the defended bases.so we decided to move on to midwar

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »
cap is right at the time of the arena split we chose to stay in the EW arena. and at that time we could see like over 40 people in EW .and there was 2 main squads that had some real good fights .till 1 squad decided to play the game for squad standings .and they started dodging the defended bases.so we decided to move on to midwar
hey dood.....you tried the ava yet? if you get in there when there's numbers, you're very likely to find excellent fights.......but there are no icons for the bad guys.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
no cap ive been thinking about going in there whens a good time?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »
no cap ive been thinking about going in there whens a good time?

i've had good luck between 7'ish and 9'ish eastern.

often there's only about 10 or 15 people...but it's small maps, and that keeps the action going.

the other night, there was non stop fighting from around 7 or so when i got on, and it was still going strong wheni logged out a lil after 9.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2010, 11:50:47 PM »
This coming Tuesday night 8:30 CST leaps to mind.  

My AH routine

Fire up AH, go to offline, calibrate, log out, log in online arenas, go to AVA, hmmmm.. If A) no numbers pick something to annoy enemy bases with.  Somebody will come online soon.  If B) there are people on, check side balance, go to the low side, see where the fight is, pick a platform, and head into the fight.  

Fly, drive, whatever..., kill or die.. toss my opponent(s) a <S> and a grin, possibly a humorous (to me at least comment), and go at it again.  

Go look at the pics in the AVA forum.  Good times are there to be had.  

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2010, 03:21:48 AM »
10watt light bulb, no moths.

250watt light bulb, a few hundred moths.

Simple as that.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2010, 06:41:22 AM »
10watt light bulb, no moths.

250watt light bulb, a few hundred moths.

Simple as that.

Yeah, in other words:  No hotrod rides = nobody wants to fly there = nobody else wants to fly there.

Sad, really.  Those planes are fun, but people these days don't have the patience to fly planes that aren't heavy with cannon/taters/lasers and don't go 400 mph in level flight.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals