Author Topic: Pick discussion  (Read 10396 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Pick discussion
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »
Yes, but again, it depends on how it is done.  If you are in the fur ball, fine.  If you are hovering above it waiting for someone to get in trouble then it is lame.  What is the point of it?  Sure one is free to do it because it is his 15$, but it is still lame.

I agree with that.  Not that anything will ever change :)

I just keep reminding myself that cartoon planes are free and I'm not really dying.  I've kinda given up on having any expectations of anyone else but myself in a fight.  Last night we had a decent furball going and guys were for the MA playing it better then usual.  I turned back in to fight a Hurri IIc and naturally got shot in the face.  As the HO shots had been absent during the fights I said 'booo!" over 200.  His reply was "It looked like you were going to HO".

That was the best reply yet.  His was a pre-emptive HO shot because he thought I might :)

No worries though as true to form I got a new plane.  Same goes for the pick.  I had the Scorpion king hanging over a furball not too long ago and he had made my 38G his special interest.  He'd wait until I was in with 2 or 3 on the deck and then he'd come screaming down from 5K out, shoot and roar back up to his perch at 5K above the fight.  Was a bit of a giggle making him miss.  He got me a couple times with the 4 20mm in his Tempest but missed a lot more.  It was a good example of the furball picker though.

It's all good though.  As near as I can tell I'm flying just about the right amount though.  When I get the time to fly I really appreciate it regardless of how the fights are going good or bad.  Just getting the chance to wade into a pile in the old 38G is enough for me these days :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
lol me and lew learned the other night that a 163 can out turn anything in the game........ Del confirmed that.

Grizz showed me that film cuz I was talking to him on the phone at the time he killed you.  He said you said he should have ripped his wings off.  

When I watched the film all I saw was him basically do a low yo-yo and cut you off in your turn and pop you with a tater on a crossing shot.  Maybe 3 to 4 G's max.  I LOL'd.   :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
I agree the majority of pick whines are epic fails. 

Frequently I get the "lame picker!" thrown at me while I am actually the only player of my team in the whole sector.  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »

i've actually gotten to the point where i rarely whine or complain about anything on open channel. it just ain't worth the time it takes to type it out, and only slows me down getting back to the fight.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »
Outturn? no.  Outperform? You betcha!  :rofl

He said out turn.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »
Grizz showed me that film cuz I was talking to him on the phone at the time he killed you.  He said you said he should have ripped his wings off.  

When I watched the film all I saw was him basically do a low yo-yo and cut you off in your turn and pop you with a tater on a crossing shot.  Maybe 3 to 4 G's max.  I LOL'd.   :D

Yup me and lew were talking about how our wings come off in the same scenario.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »

Don't get me wrong.  I agree that Grizz cheats.  No argument there at all. 

I was just saying in that particular instance where you said his wings should have popped off he couldn't have pulled more than 3 or 4 G's.  I'll go home and check it again this evening but I'm pretty sure my memory is correct. 
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
Frequently I get the "lame picker!" thrown at me while I am actually the only player of my team in the whole sector.  :lol

Got that from some guy red959 the other night, it was a 3v1 fight with me being the solo pilot.  Kept on calling me a picker each time one of his buddies went down in flames.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »

You need to blame Lew! He's older than the original 163! He should know better by now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
lol if all that showed was 3 to 4 g then that in itself is amazing.

You should not accuse someone of cheating. There may be some settings at issue.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2010, 12:17:37 PM »

http://dasmuppets.com/public/Grizz/Shuffler1.ahf

What was so amazing about this?  The answer is nothing.  Perception and reality are too completely different things Shuff.  ;)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »

I think you will be surprised when you see the film.  It really was nothing spectacular at all.   I can see how it would seem like more from your perspective though.

About cheating - I was just kidding.  It seemed like you were implying that Grizz did something fishy so I decided to parlay it into my running joke that Grizz cheats. 

I hope we have all come to an understanding now on all of the issues at hand.  I would like to express my thanks to everyone on this fine day and wish you all of the best in all of your endeavors whether they be in the harsh realm of Real Life or in that rainless and windless, colorful world of toons.   :cheers:
AoM

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »
Just watched the film and according to the instruments it was more than a 3-4 G turn, but I didn't notice anything extra-ordinary either, Grizz is also slowing down considerably at the same time, dropping about 100mph from merge till his shot opportunity.  From Shufflers point of view I think the turn looked a lot more drastic than it really was. 

I think if you watch the film from the "fixed" camera position and place the camera directly above Grizz's airplane turn on trails (make sure "use recorded views" is off) and play it through you'll see how he got the shot and why it looked so drastic from Shufflers point of view. 
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2010, 01:10:24 PM »
Just watched the film and according to the instruments it was more than a 3-4 G turn, but I didn't notice anything extra-ordinary either, Grizz is also slowing down considerably at the same time, dropping about 100mph from merge till his shot opportunity.  From Shufflers point of view I think the turn looked a lot more drastic than it really was. 

I think if you watch the film from the "fixed" camera position and place the camera directly above Grizz's airplane turn on trails (make sure "use recorded views" is off) and play it through you'll see how he got the shot and why it looked so drastic from Shufflers point of view. 

It may have been more than 3 to 4, I was just guessing, but it was no where near hard enough to pop off wings.  But like I said, and you too noticed, I can definitely see how it looked like more from Shuffler's side. 
AoM

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »
http://dasmuppets.com/public/Grizz/Shuffler1.ahf

What was so amazing about this?  The answer is nothing.  Perception and reality are too completely different things Shuff.  ;)

Grizz always seem to have everything filmed, and can recall when necessary when  needed. Except the time I popped his 262 with single 37mm fired from my P-39 at 1000yds?  :noid

Hmmm highly suspect that the cameras weren't rolling then.  ;)

Or did you say you had it but when I asked if you'd post it you said "no way!"  :lol

Who is John Galt?