Author Topic: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"  (Read 3370 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2010, 01:56:15 PM »
 wow what a Parinoid Nation we have become

Looks like the bad guys scored 1  :(
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »
Flotsom, I'm over 50 i know my rights i also know how the court system's work, I've served on juries and been a victim of crimes and justice is not always correct nor is it rightly applied, for some they twist the meanings or wording around to suit there agenda's then let the courts decide , you gave an example of a person walking in a mall act like you are hiding something being sneaky or are up to no good, well then in that Security should approach the man and talk to him, and go from there, that's simple and far from what we are talking about, but should we scan everyone before they enter the mall or sporting event so we all can feel safer knowing theres no evil doers in there

were talking about everyone being scanned or pat down searched or the side affects as a condition for flying or even accessing the concourse, not just the people who look suspicious , its an invasion of ones privacy and unreasonable search, you'll never change how i feel and I'm sure i wont change yours so we'll agree on that :aok   so would you like to see them in all the places i described for the safety of the public
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2010, 02:06:30 PM »
only way to do that is a Federal CWP  do they have those regular citizens and not just Law enforcement

Mine is accepted by several states. Of course I don't fly much anymore.

...... and I have never carried on a plane. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
Looks like the bad guys scored 1  :(

heck not over me, chances of me slipping in the shower or driving my truck and being killed are far greater than by terrorist's, the biggest act of terrorism it's self is instilling the fear

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
heck not over me, chances of me slipping in the shower or driving my truck and being killed are far greater than by terrorist's, the biggest act of terrorism it's self is instilling the fear

Which, unfortunately, it seems that they accomplished. We are scared of our shadows now.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
Just fill the planes with nude pictures.  That should stop any religious fanatics from even boarding the plane.

:rofl

now this is pure genius

Ok my question. Where do babies come from?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »
:rofl

now this is pure genius

Ok my question. Where do babies come from?

The hospital?  :confused:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »
The hospital?  :confused:

no no NO the Stork  Duh!!!

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »
Flotsom, it's not even worth arguing with you.  You clearly don't get it.

what exactly don't i get? that you are attempting to force your interpretation of the constitution on me? that you wish to read it in a manner that i do not? that the constitution, as contradictory as this sounds, is written so fluidly that it supports both sides of this argument and at the same time there are US supreme court cases that support both our arguments?

all of this conflicting documentation and court cases proves that in the end, i am correct it is and was written to be fluid and changing with the times. thanks to people who pack explosives in their shoes and underwear, i would say that thetimes have changed.

oh and Vudak, i spent 2 to 4 hours a day (some days up to 10 or 12) for 4 years sitting daily reading and discussing with many many very smart and very crafty people, who's I.Q.'s ranged from average to genius, people who were trying to find ways to manipulate these documents, you now discuss. so believe me when i tell you i am very well read on the subject and have had many many hours of tedious debates on them. the one truth that was always prooven true in the end is that the documents are fluid and subject to the opinion of the reader based upon the circumstances of each case individually.

if i am wrong then i compel you to state here irrefutable proof that contradicts me. if you do and i cannot refute what you say then i guarantee three things; 1 that i will apologize to you for arguing an invalid point, 2 will rethink and reform my manner of thinking to present the correct version. 3 that life on the BBS will go on.  :D

understand, i am not instigating or belittling you or your beliefs, i just hold differing ones.

ZOOM i agree to disagree on only for the whats and hows they are using the constitution and to question if it is legal.

as far as what is truly right or wrong...well i agree with you 100%.

too far is too far from a personal perspective, but the interpretation of what is "too far" is within the sole reach and discretion of the government. the only way to change that is to change those that are making those decisions.

but to make a further  understanding between us, should someone pack a duffel bag full of nasty and walk into a mall and kill hundreds of people and they start putting these monitors there and i will not think it wrong, my mom works in a mall. her safety is far more important to me than anyone elses modesty.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »

Ever notice that the mascot on the pickle jar is a stork? Thats not by accident.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »
FLOTSOM, what it comes down to is this:

Body scanners search people. A dedicated terrorist will just bomb the bags. We are NEVER going to be able to completely eradicate the threat of terrorism. I understand taking certain measures to keep us safe, but there are lines where it becomes just a little bit ridiculous. This is that line.

Don't think I have anything to hide, I don't. It's not that I'm shy, like I said, I've had some pretty... 'personal' medical examinations. But when the time comes for physicals, I drop my pants like every other good recruit. Don't think it's about personal defiance or some dislike of authority. I've dedicated my life to the Military. I'm used to idiots telling me to do things that just don't make sense, and still having to say "Yes sir" and do it anyway. This is just excessive. It is unnecessary, and ineffective at truly securing our airways. What's more? It tells the terrorists to keep doing what they're doing because it is CLEARLY making us terrified, and making our lives more difficult.

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »
Security theater is worse than no security, because it gives us the illusion of safety when resources could be better used in other ways.

Prime example: In NYC, we randomly have police searches of people trying to get onto the subways.

except that you can refuse and walk away. A tango can easily just turn around and walk away to find another station that does not have the cops.

And the cops are wasting time and money on the illusion of search while they could be actually out arresting bad guys.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »
Gotta be a better way.

Can't they program a computer to scan images for anomalies and sound an alert for closer inspection so no one would ever see the images?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »

Always wondered how they got to the hospital.  ty

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
what exactly don't i get?
<snip>
the interpretation of what is "too far" is within the sole reach and discretion of the government. <snip>

Wow. In this country (The United States of America, just in case you're from out of town) I thought the people were in charge.

You know, before the United States became the United States the English government searched English homes looking for weapons and terrorists. The people had no legal protection from this.

Today the American government searches Americans looking for weapons and terrorists. Hello US Constitution.

You do realize that the TSA is a federal government agency?
You do realize you need to be suspected of committing a crime before being searched?
You do realize that the federal government needs a court issued warrant to search you and your property?

Fourth Amendment text:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

There seems to be quite a bit you don't get.

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."