Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 21753 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
When we got the new upgrade on the feilds and towns and radar, i am yet to see the war won by any side, and 1 side on a roll with taking bases.

you aint paying attention then.. many many "wars won" since the new layouts.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
muahahahahahaaa...

I've seriously considered covertly taking a Wirble out during my bait runs and sitting at the end of a runway for just one shot... And, yes, I'd cap dot because he has a sense of humor too  :devil

Couple of weeks ago I was deacking and didn't see Jherne get on, take a gv, next thing you know St Pete was saying 'weren't you just here?'
I'd like to see what one of those old AW base limits would do--only 10 or so people could be aloft from any one base at a time. Make an interesting experiment
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »
Nice to see that not much has changed with the community. I haven't played for 6 months or so but all i have to do
is check the BBs on occasion to see that you can change the game till the cows come home and it will never
be enough to change how folks play the game or for that matter, how they treat other people.

Think I'll stay on AH vacation.

that is all

froger 
frogs are people too

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
Does it matter if it's a first post or a last post, no the topic is straight forward and valid. It's not about making the game easier like some of you think and it's not about whining as some other of you think. It's a straight forward expression to the developers of AH changing the game to a point that I no longer get any pleasure in playing it. Some will see it my way and agree, others will not and want to ridicule me for my view. In actual fact, I don't care what any of you think, I was asked to post my thought by my CO and I did so.
Again, AH I'm pissedthat you have changed this gamed to the point where it is no longer any fun to play.

Robert

dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!! this isn't xbox or playstation son! if the game is boring for you then find something else!!!

that is all....

you are now dismissed!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2010, 10:19:46 AM »
I'm glad your a "happy toolshedding. basetaking. mission runner", and all of that is still available to you. For years now us "fighter types" have had a hard time finding a fight, and No trying to stop GHI and and all of his NOE hordlings is not a fight. Sure you can get kills in that environment, but it's not a fight. The changes made create more opportunities for fights to break out without taking away the "win the war" aspect of the game.

Can you NOE a base and take it under 3 minutes, probably not, but you still can do it. The guys complaining are those stuck in their old habits. The old plans don't work so well, make new ones. Coming in in a horde makes it obvious which base your trying for, maybe upping from 3 or 4 bases at different times will fool the map watchers until the attack is already on.

I don't stop flying fighters because it's too hard, I just try harder. Like in golf I get that one great fight a night that bring me back the next time to try and get it again. The base take challenge use to be to get 20+ of your closest friends to work together long enough to grab a base. Now all they did was to add a bit more of a challenge by  giving more people the chance to defend.

i like to hunt down big juicy peeturdy8's and keel them! muahahahahaaaaaaaaaa ;)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
I like the new towns........ infact they seem to be villages. They have proper streets and when your in one it could indeed be a village in Northern France or on the Russian steppe.

What is wierd is this concept of having to level a village before it can be captured. This is a totally abstract role play/game play mechanism. The idea that infantry and attack ran around trying to find the building they had missed prior to capture (regardlessof the odds) is very wierd IMO.

What can be implemented almost immediately IMO is a mechanism that requires only a % to be destroyed prior to capture making it a bit easier and a little less "abstract". Then we get to keep these cute little villages where we can have some fun close quarter GV fights.

Next we could hope to challenge HT to look at the capture model conditions vis whether killing "town objects" is really the best qualifying criteria and what role capturing a town actually accomplishes.
Ludere Vincere

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
I like the new towns........ infact they seem to be villages. They have proper streets and when your in one it could indeed be a village in Northern France or on the Russian steppe.

What is wierd is this concept of having to level a village before it can be captured. This is a totally abstract role play/game play mechanism. The idea that infantry and attack ran around trying to find the building they had missed prior to capture (regardlessof the odds) is very wierd IMO.

What can be implemented almost immediately IMO is a mechanism that requires only a % to be destroyed prior to capture making it a bit easier and a little less "abstract". Then we get to keep these cute little villages where we can have some fun close quarter GV fights.

Next we could hope to challenge HT to look at the capture model conditions vis whether killing "town objects" is really the best qualifying criteria and what role capturing a town actually accomplishes.

I think you can use the "destroy all buildings" as the same as a house to house search to make sure the town is clear and yours. Seeing as we have no snipers and insurgents hiding in buildings ....yet, destroying all the building covers the same purpose.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!! this isn't xbox or playstation son! if the game is boring for you then find something else!!!

that is all....

you are now dismissed!

Game, set, match!
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »
I've been playing this game for about a year now and ...

AH, I'm pissed and I hate to say this but unless the games changes make the game fun to play then there is no point in playing the game.

Robert

Relax.  It happens to everyone.  It won't be the only time you'll think about quitting or taking a break. 

Next time, you'll know better than to post it on the BBS.

HONK!
Gooss

CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »

you don't have to run around looking for the missed building.

print out a map of the town. make sure everyone in your attack group has one and coordinate your attack.

maps are your friends, mkay?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Crythos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2010, 01:39:33 PM »
I'm glad your a "happy toolshedding. basetaking. mission runner", and all of that is still available to you. For years now us "fighter types" have had a hard time finding a fight, and No trying to stop GHI and and all of his NOE hordlings is not a fight. Sure you can get kills in that environment, but it's not a fight. The changes made create more opportunities for fights to break out without taking away the "win the war" aspect of the game.

Can you NOE a base and take it under 3 minutes, probably not, but you still can do it. The guys complaining are those stuck in their old habits. The old plans don't work so well, make new ones. Coming in in a horde makes it obvious which base your trying for, maybe upping from 3 or 4 bases at different times will fool the map watchers until the attack is already on.

I don't stop flying fighters because it's too hard, I just try harder. Like in golf I get that one great fight a night that bring me back the next time to try and get it again. The base take challenge use to be to get 20+ of your closest friends to work together long enough to grab a base. Now all they did was to add a bit more of a challenge by  giving more people the chance to defend.

I think in general we are actually on the same page, I like the new towns, I wouldnt want every base take to be a three minute walk in the park with a handfull off people and without "fighter types" to oppose us toolshedding basetakers it would be pretty boring.

Although the caps of the subject line and the tone of the OP may come across as abit whiny the big shift in baseshifting numbers (see Lusches post)do show the op may have a point and still maintain that "some" fighter types saying basetaking in the main arena is irrelevent should be in the DA and not trolling this thread.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:42:01 PM by Crythos »
"Tojo"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
I think in general we are actually on the same page, I like the new towns, I wouldnt want every base take to be a three minute walk in the park with a handfull off people and without "fighter types" to oppose us toolshedding basetakers it would be pretty boring.

Although the caps of the subject line and the tone of the OP may come across as abit whiny the big shift in baseshifting numbers (see Lusches post)do show the op may have a point and still maintain that "some" fighter types saying basetaking in the main arena is irrelevent should be in the DA and not trolling this thread.

To a fighter guy base taking IS irrelevant, the attempt is not because it generates fights.

Much like FIGHTING is irrelevant to base takers, vulching them makes it easier and quicker to get the base.

The problem with the base takers is they continue to try and take bases the way they have for the past year. Soon it may come to them to change their tactics and the "fun" will be back. You know if I always took of from A23 and left the plane on auto climb for 5 minutes to get to cruising alt and they changed the map and moved a mountain in the way and I can't climb over it on auto, how many times will I run into the mountain before I learn to turn. Complaining on the boards won't get the mountain moved, just a small change in my approach gets me back to my cruising altitude.

I think once people give up on the old way of doing things (like so many people love to tell me to do  :P ) they will learn a new way and their fun will be back. Of course, giving up and walking away may not be the best way to get the fun back.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »
To a fighter guy base taking IS irrelevant, the attempt is not because it generates fights.

Much like FIGHTING is irrelevant to base takers, vulching them makes it easier and quicker to get the base.

The problem with the base takers is they continue to try and take bases the way they have for the past year. Soon it may come to them to change their tactics and the "fun" will be back. You know if I always took of from A23 and left the plane on auto climb for 5 minutes to get to cruising alt and they changed the map and moved a mountain in the way and I can't climb over it on auto, how many times will I run into the mountain before I learn to turn. Complaining on the boards won't get the mountain moved, just a small change in my approach gets me back to my cruising altitude.

I think once people give up on the old way of doing things (like so many people love to tell me to do  :P ) they will learn a new way and their fun will be back. Of course, giving up and walking away may not be the best way to get the fun back.

your right fugitive, and i think that everyone starts out as a "base taker" when your new. eventually you get tired of the same old thing and you discover how much fun furballing is. im a fighter dweeb, i rather be mixin it up with a few good sticks and have them white knuckle fights. you know, the ones that your heart is racing a million MPH. the one thing that i can't stand are the "base takers" that try to force the furballers to play the way they WANT us to play. like taking tank town bases...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate that!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2010, 02:48:43 PM »
your right fugitive, and i think that everyone starts out as a "base taker" when your new. eventually you get tired of the same old thing and you discover how much fun furballing is.

Many players did also evolve the other way around. From pure "fighter" type or furballer, to allround player or even *gasp* basetaker (strategic player).

The more limited the playing style (no matter which one), the more easy it is to burn out.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »
Many players did also evolve the other way around. From pure "fighter" type or furballer, to allround player or even *gasp* basetaker (strategic player).

The more limited the playing style (no matter which one), the more easy it is to burn out.

and many players will switch around doing different things within the game.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)