Author Topic: Cats outa the bag eh?  (Read 6802 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Cats outa the bag eh?
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 11:48:17 AM »
theres no such things a 262 dogfights, i have never seen one in my 8 plus years in AH, only on special nights were everyone is flying them like the upcoming Jet Night, 262's fly around mach speed looking for people that are not paying attention or engaged already, swoop in, club them and scamper off, they wont turn fight because they'll scrub off to much speed then the prop planes have a chance, like Oldman said worth trying out, to me they equal easy mode, biggest guns, fastest plane to run away in if you need to, so ya there boring lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
watch me. if i can find someone that's willing to turn one, i'll be down on the deck, turnfighting in one.

rather than trim the trees, i'll just burn em down.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2010, 12:11:34 PM »
ahh just wait till I come screaming in.. I have a profound weakness for trying to turn any plane like a zeke  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »
theres no such things a 262 dogfights, i have never seen one in my 8 plus years in AH, only on special nights were everyone is flying them like the upcoming Jet Night, 262's fly around mach speed looking for people that are not paying attention or engaged already, swoop in, club them and scamper off, they wont turn fight because they'll scrub off to much speed then the prop planes have a chance, like Oldman said worth trying out, to me they equal easy mode, biggest guns, fastest plane to run away in if you need to, so ya there boring lol

It is always relative. 262 does not knife fight prop planes but back in Warbirds we had a few 262 versus F-86 events and those 262's were like slow and turned well compared to the F-86 although good use of the speedbrake allowed the F-86 to hang with the 262 for a few turns. The F-86's consistently slaughtered the 262's because they couldn't run away, couldn't stay vertical with a Sabre and couldn't accelerate once you got them below 5000 feet.

The fastest plane in any plane set always ends up in this position. The speed difference of the 262 over the prop planes just makes it dramatic.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
ahh just wait till I come screaming in.. I have a profound weakness for trying to turn any plane like a zeke  :devil

lol that's my major problem associated with my deaths, everything should turn like a zeke ( well according to me)   :rofl

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
It is always relative. 262 does not knife fight prop planes but back in Warbirds we had a few 262 versus F-86 events and those 262's were like slow and turned well compared to the F-86 although good use of the speedbrake allowed the F-86 to hang with the 262 for a few turns. The F-86's consistently slaughtered the 262's because they couldn't run away, couldn't stay vertical with a Sabre and couldn't accelerate once you got them below 5000 feet.

The fastest plane in any plane set always ends up in this position. The speed difference of the 262 over the prop planes just makes it dramatic.

oh you just made me drool when ya said F-86   :aok

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »

Then your head has been in the sand for 8 yrs, if they were such 'easy' mode planes to fly then everyone would be in them like I'm sure the hurri and spits fill the air in almost every senario they are enabled.
See Rule #4

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
Then your head has been in the sand for 8 yrs, if they were such 'easy' mode planes to fly then everyone would be in them like I'm sure the hurri and spits fill the air in almost every senario they are enabled.

everyone would be if they wasn't perked over 200 or more depending on the amount people online, every video Ive seen of 262's consist of nothing more than swooping in on planes fire a couple taters and run before they get shot at, they don't want to lose there precious perked plane, take the perk off and you'll see them everywhere like spit's and hurri's

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »

guess you didn't show up to the last jet week. it was 262's only. dogfights all week. next one is December 9, 2010. give it a try!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »
guess you didn't show up to the last jet week. it was 262's only. dogfights all week. next one is December 9, 2010. give it a try!

oh i know im going to be there and i think alot of people will sense there Free  :aok

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »

Someone is overcompensating............. .......

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
Someone is overcompensating............. .......

fishing.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »
Neither, I don't buy the 262 is an easy mode aircraft at all.
See Rule #4

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
Neither, I don't buy the 262 is an easy mode aircraft at all.

i would venture that would depend on how it's flown. the way i will be flying it, it will not be. the way i almost always see it flown in lw, it is.

drop really really fast, shoot, go back up really really fast, hoping there's nothing up there waiting for ya. seems pretty easy to me.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"