Author Topic: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.  (Read 8428 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
not a new situation rooks and nits never fight each other

Well the 20+ Rooks I was flying with I'm sure join with me to apologize to the 30-40 Knights that were attacking us wave after wave. I'm sure we will no longer defend as long as they continue to not attack. We were both in the wrong and are truly sorry.  :rolleyes:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
I do not recall anyone complaining about the hord. I think the were complaining about the lack of un capturable bases.. People like you pull out that Vhorder comment. I cannot recall the last time I have seen more than 8-10 Devils Brigade on at once. Not really a hord. And I play almost everyday.. You can post without the insults Sir...
I'll take screendump and prove my post, that is unless there habit changed from the weeks before the change over or this thread being posted. Also i was using anothers term from channel 200, I'm not going out to be insulting, but i am showing the resentment and lack of sympathy being created by the gameplay they are bringing to the game. <S> Sky
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:43:33 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2010, 10:37:55 PM »
I'll respectfully disagree again.  Maybe over the last few months we don't know which are uncapturable bases, but before that (and now), it was the bases with a red square around them.  I can understand there are people who don't take part in wanting to win the war, but there are plenty of people on your side that do, that's why your line has moved forward to the uncapturable.  So maybe you and a few others might stay and fight, a large number will be aware of the uncapturable base and realize it's of little strategic value.

:salute

All fair comments but I think you're still reading what i said from the wrong angle. I do infact find it fun to win teh war with my team mates sometimes if there is really no pure dogfighting to be done. I do enjoy a tank battle, I do enjoy trying to get up off a vulched field. I love single enemy combats, I love the high alt strategical multi-plane engagements. I enjoy twisting and turning below a gangbang and I always try to salute when an enemy shoots me before i kill his team mate. I love the once common but now gold dust furballs away from base acks that rolled on for hours at low altitude. There really isnt anything in the game that can piss me off anymore, I just appreciate that the game is there whenever I want it, being negative about any aspect of it seems self defeating to me.

My angle to you is that if you dont like furballing then you simply dont enjoy all aspects the game has to offer, which is absolutely fine by me, just a clear observation. So when one who doesnt like furballing logs in and finds no option but furballing they find themself with very little to do.  :D

S! and with respect
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2010, 11:01:50 PM »
Your kidding right Ack-Ack.  I was playing during this yesterday. Not much the Bish can do when 100 rooks and 100 Knits are all ganging 100 Bish from two sides.. I was defending each on of those bases until each one was ganged by 100 enemy at the same time.. Not going to defend that. Personally, I do not have a problem with it as long as a couple of un-takeable bases are left. Eventually the rooks and knits will be forced to fight each other for the map. That would give the bish some time to take a few back.. I wouldnt include this in the current base taking controversy.

It did make for some great fighting I might add.. :salute

I really doubt there were 100 bish.   ;)

So, as has been explained to me, uncapturable = no incentive to gang the last three bases of the underdog, correct?
It's not a "2 countries ganging up on one" problem, it's a "they can still capture our bases" problem?

Which brings up my next question.  What if all the Bish bases had been captured?

My main problem with the situation is, no Me163s.   :devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2010, 11:38:28 PM »
I was always AZ in AW and have always been Bish in AH.  AZ/Bish used to always get horded two countries on one.  Back in AW we always took great pride in it saying they were just making us better.  Not sure that was actually true but that's what we liked to believe.  Anyway, wish I'd have been there.  Looks like it would have been fun.

PS:  Sunbat, any time you're Bish just enjoy the furball because I'm often one of those guys on high patrol for the griefer buffs.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:40:56 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:54 PM »

My angle to you is that if you dont like furballing then you simply dont enjoy all aspects the game has to offer, which is absolutely fine by me, just a clear observation. So when one who doesnt like furballing logs in and finds no option but furballing they find themself with very little to do.  :D

I really can't argue with that.  It doesn't happen very often where furballing is your only option, and that's a little exacerbated with the Off Peak Arena not allowing people another late war arena (time will tell if this means they simply log or explore other arenas). We'll see what happens but this is likely just a rare occurrence that causes mass panic about the game, ripe with threats to unsubscribe because of the ruined game play.  :lol
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2010, 01:36:48 AM »
he beat me to posting the photo. Look at that untouched Rook - Nit battlefront.
Deny that -_-

We log on tonight and first thing that happens in the nits start hitting our red box base >:/
Getting tired of it.

Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2010, 03:03:21 AM »
I would almost feel sorry for Dantoo

Why sorry for me?  Please take the time to read my posts if you are going to frame a response around what you think I might have said, or meant. I reiterate - I was enjoying gameplay.  The social atmosphere was unhealthy at best and I chose to alert HT to it.

I chose this method of alerting HTC because it is simplest best method available to me.  The response was remarkably fast and effective.  They demonstrated that they care about their product.  I don't/can't speak for their view or any other but mine.

I don't support or deny or identify with any other posts in this thread except my own.

rgds.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2010, 03:29:28 AM »
Ive been having the AH addiction for about 5 years now. Although our squad usually flies Rook, we have no problem switching if we find fun elsewhere.

I cannot count how many times Ive seen whines of  " Team XXX never fights Team YYY". All of which I can promise you came from these possesed map watchers that insist they are loosing just because they have no or little real estate on the map. In short, if one star becomes slightly out of alignment, the universe comes crashing down on them.

You guys that are new or somewhat new to this game, I say this because folks that have been at this for years and years have been here enough to know better that these situations allthough sucky, always go full circle. I can bet a year paid subscription to AH to point out that all these guys pointing to conspiracy would have absolutely no problems with the fact if was THEM doing the ganging.

Just looking at that map, even though you had limited resources I see tons of potential to have fun. (A18 is not even touched is the first thing that comes to mind). If real estate is on your mind heres some good advice:
Pork: You would be amazed how killing ords at a base reduces the rush. Furthermore killing barracks. It is much easier and takes less guys to disable their resources than it is for them to ressuply and get them back. Doing so buys you plenty of time to mount an offensive.
Stir it up elsewhere: Again A18 would be a good resource to open up another front of attack deeper in the other guys territory. Spread the enemy out. Though it does take a team effort, it can be very effective.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2010, 03:49:36 AM »
On Uterus the Southern position always gets hammered.  Every map has it's weaker positions, it isn't anything to do with Chess piece or numbers.  

Hopefully when the shoe is on the other foot Bish can show some self restraint and the unfortunate Nit or Rook team can man up and defend their borders without running to HT for help.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Wobbly

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2010, 04:51:38 AM »
I fought for bish sunday and yesterday.The Rook/Nit lameness was quite outstanding, many were saying they wanted to wipe the bish off the map, we were down to 2 bases at one time, P4 and a18, then whining because HT gave us back bases that were supposed to be uncapturable in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:57:01 AM by Wobbly »
Game ID: Blimey

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2010, 04:55:25 AM »
On Uterus the Southern position always gets hammered.  Every map has it's weaker positions, it isn't anything to do with Chess piece or numbers.  

Hopefully when the shoe is on the other foot Bish can show some self restraint and the unfortunate Nit or Rook team can man up and defend their borders without running to HT for help.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing . :lol

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2010, 07:00:29 AM »

\

+1   
71 Squadron RAF

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »

No the bish will fight (as always) both sides and hopefully win z war, not just be score ho's.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>