Author Topic: Rant  (Read 2968 times)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: Rant
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
oooh didn't make it in time, what a mess. Guess you could say i  had a loose   deuce.             :o
:rofl you have to come back!!!  :cry :cry
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline FelixSteiner

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
I wasn't relying. They were 2. It was a barrage of 5 fighters at me. Relying, are you serious. None of you could go into a 5 vs1. It was selfish, and this is a team based game... Plus their in a sister squad..

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 04:14:25 PM »
 Your Butt, Your Problem..................... :bolt:

I used to rely on my sqd mates.. but they think its Funny to do ALL the time. so I when I hear nothing I assume somebody is behind me :O
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
I wasn't relying. They were 2. It was a barrage of 5 fighters at me. Relying, are you serious. None of you could go into a 5 vs1. It was selfish, and this is a team based game... Plus their in a sister squad..

I would jump into fight even though I am outnumbered felix and by doing this is how I learn to fight multiple cons, I may not survive but ill take 2 or 3 of em down with me. Unfortunately  there are a lot of other players who do not enter a fight unless they hold all the cards, and would rather jump in with 16 friendly to kill 1 guy as opposed to fighting 1 guy with a 1k alt advantage.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »
Don't cry.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 04:26:41 PM »
 :cry
-AoM-

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 04:28:40 PM »
There is no real etiquette in the game i'm afraid.

Expect friendlies to fly straight through you to get you killshot,
count on them to drag a con onto your 6 to save themselves,
always expect them to steal your kill,
a deliberate lack of check 6's to get a merge,
Despite a reasonable "no thanks i'm good" jump in on your good 1v1 anyway,
say thankyou for the requested vehicle supplies only to see troops running past,

probably more, can't think right now

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 04:40:40 PM »
There is no real etiquette in the game i'm afraid.

Expect friendlies to fly straight through you to get you killshot,
count on them to drag a con onto your 6 to save themselves,
always expect them to steal your kill,
a deliberate lack of check 6's to get a merge,
Despite a reasonable "no thanks i'm good" jump in on your good 1v1 anyway,
say thankyou for the requested vehicle supplies only to see troops running past,

probably more, can't think right now

expect air support to miss the target by at least 2 miles
expect the friendly you just saved from 2 cons to run immediately leaving you with the 2 cons.
expect the friendly to release troops with half the town up.
expect a friendly to shoot at a plane you de-winged and then call out on range as though he shot it down himself.
expect a friendly to miss with every round when you drag a plane over their whirble.
expect nothing good and you'll be alright
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »

I can go into a 5 V 1...survive it is another story but I won't back out of it (usually i'm the slowest plane anyway :lol :lol) I choose to use this as a learning experience...and see if I can* get them all to get a piece* of me before my demise.

And as others have said..check sixes are nice but don't expect one. It is good to rant sometimes too but just make sure you get your message across to the ones this rant is because of.

Edit
Why won't it let me use the word Assist in a sentence
Edit 2
hmmm it is only that sentence  weird

Edit 3
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:52:07 PM by SPKmes »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »
Fly like your country men are more dangerous to you than the enemy.

Why you ask? Because you know the enemy wants to kill you and you expect that. Your country men mean well but, their indifference to your existence is often suicidal to fly near them.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
None of you could go into a 5 vs1.

That depends entirely on what the young ladies in question look like.

And whether I've had my Wheaties.

:cool:,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »
ya aint it funny when that happens eh. this one time i got ganged by 4 or 5 262s i was ina temp i think, too bad i dint get any of them  :mad:
hey ranter, just be happy your computer is good and you can play the dam game.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 04:52:28 PM »
Got to learn to keep your head on a swivel.  

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 05:01:30 PM »
Who else is really tired of people, if not allied pilots not covering your 6. We were all in the same altitude. 5 other planes were coming at us three and the other two decided to be obsessed with a p47 kill on the deck. I was left alone and hacked... Not cool. Worst is they said I did it out of stupidity. Covering your butt, while you try scoring a kill on the deck, I don't think so; that's called selflessness, and I'm damn tired of pilots not having that in their minds, accounting that lots of you were in the military. Man I am pissed! :furious

This always happen, at first were together. 500 cons attack us, they dive to go for 1 deck one and leave me alone to be ganged on, so I can distract the enemy while they do those kills. That's some BS!

If you were truly selfless, you would take one for the team by fighting the gang.  A selfless flyer would have let his allies pounce on the easy kill so they could RTB and get their "well deserved" WTGs.  And he certainly wouldn't be making a whine thread about it.  :banana:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."