Author Topic: Quick and easy breakfast  (Read 791 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Re: Quick and easy breakfast
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
You like raw bacon? :eek:

I have a hungarian at work who does that. 6 rashers of raw bacon a day  :confused: :confused:
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
It's the only real way to eat bacon  :rock

-Penguin

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »
You dirtied a coffee cup for no reason.

^this
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »
Sorry you two but wrong..

when you try to mix it in the tupperware it tends to stick and the consistency isn't right. 

So  :neener:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
Once in a while we have a leftover baked potato or two.  I like to cube it and cook to brown a little like hashbrowns.  I usually saute a little onion and green pepper or whatever we have on hand.  Then crack a few eggs (half a dozen for 2-4 people) and scramble.  Almost when it all is cooked I add some cheese to melt in it and serve as quickly as possible.

Works very well with some kind of cubed ham, or crumbled bacon, or crumpled sausage.    

You must be Pa Dutch, either that  or your being possesed by an old dutche...Doncha nooo ( my grandma would be proud of you sir ) lol I grew up on that, and still make it for my family now. ( I start with raw potatos though, they cook out perfectly tender w/o getting mushy.
Its a real "stick to the ribs" breakfast,guarenteed to keep you going all morning on the farm  :aok
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 09:04:36 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
sounds really good.. it's almost time for Rox to post his Christmas culinary greatness recipes yall think?

I'm having cinnamon toast for the first time in probably a decade right now :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »
Sorry you two but wrong..

when you try to mix it in the tupperware it tends to stick and the consistency isn't right. 

Use a glass bowl.

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 09:24:13 PM »
Well, since I don't drink coffee and have coffee cups, it's six one way half dozen another don't you think?

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 12:18:26 AM »
Here's mine

Items needed: 1 wife

With soft tender tone say, "honey what's for breakfast".

15 to 30 minutes later season food as needed.  :devil

If not woman is handy, warm truck up and go to Hardees.

That method works great except for me. After breakfast she tells me to clean up the mess.

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 07:35:27 AM »
Once in a while we have a leftover baked potato or two.  I like to cube it and cook to brown a little like hashbrowns.  I usually saute a little onion and green pepper or whatever we have on hand.  Then crack a few eggs (half a dozen for 2-4 people) and scramble.  Almost when it all is cooked I add some cheese to melt in it and serve as quickly as possible.

Works very well with some kind of cubed ham, or crumbled bacon, or crumpled sausage.   

I do this a lot too.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 07:51:12 AM »
Well, since I don't drink coffee and have coffee cups, it's six one way half dozen another don't you think?

One less thing to wash.

Being concerned with a quick and easy breakfast I figured you'd also be looking for a quick and easy cleanup.

I used to do this same thing back when I worked third shift. Eggs in a glass bowl, instant coffee with warm water, bread in toaster. It all comes together quick and easy. On days I wanted oatmeal I'd make that in a cup. That way it fits in the micro with everything else.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »
Here's mine

Items needed: 1 wife

With soft tender tone say, "honey what's for breakfast".

15 to 30 minutes later season food as needed.  :devil

If not woman is handy, warm truck up and go to Hardees.
:rofl :rofl :rofl   <S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID