Author Topic: New Town Capture....  (Read 4819 times)

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: New Town Capture....
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Actually they are 'Al Gore Rhythms'

Then we be screwed!
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »
too easy now

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
Initial reaction, it is too easy. One set of Lancs with a moderately skilled pilot can probably take half the town down in one pass, definitely in two. 75% or 80% might be better. Even 90% + the flag eliminates having 12 guys looking for the one last building for 5 minutes, which was the worst thing about the previous system.

I LOVE the flag, though. Much needed improvement.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 12:34:06 AM »
I'm a win the war kinda guy and I'm stoked they included this in the patch. I rolled in with a panzer today and brought a white flag in by myself, however; the enemy rolled in with some tank killers and prevented any help from reaching me with troops or ammo. (A p40 was wreaking havoc O_o). I would think 65% would be fine. Taking out the main section of town and maybe 2 or 3 outskirt towns would be enough. Can't think...must...take....townnn nnn *logs on*   :devil  :devil  :devil  :joystick:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 06:56:32 AM »
My thought is too easy.  I think the number needs to be closer to 75% instead of 50% down.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 06:58:47 AM »
A little more difficulty please. THe flag is kewl though.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 07:32:52 AM »
Very cool but is too easy...the Flag is the Key though
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
 I would suggest freezing further damage to the town once the flag is raised.  Or raise it to 51% needs to be destroyed. 
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Harp00n

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »
Would be nice, if capturing bigger airfields would require more damage to town than small airfields...

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 08:43:15 AM »
I think they should try: kill 100% of town but have the flag change, if thats still to hard for most then drop down by 5-10% at a time till they find a good %. 50% is way to low, that's like the old towns.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »
Would be nice, if capturing bigger airfields would require more damage to town than small airfields...

Interesting concept.  I might suggest the other way around though.

I too think that for all fields, 50% is way to low and that at least 85 closer to 90 would be more in order.

But,  large fields could stay around 60, med around 75, small around 90 might be interesting.

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 08:50:39 AM »
Great idea with the flags. Many times troops were let out when a building still up somewhere ruining a well planned mission. A small squad can now have some chance at capturing a base. Time will tell if the % of town down needs to be tweeked. Got to start somewhere and 50% is a good place to start. Thank you hitech and co. for all the new additions to the game.  :aok

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 09:28:20 AM »
Love the flag but town is way too easy to take. We rolled 3 bases last night with a boston , 110 and a m3
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 09:35:01 AM »
Initial reaction, it is too easy. One set of Lancs with a moderately skilled pilot can probably take half the town down in one pass, definitely in two. 75% or 80% might be better. Even 90% + the flag eliminates having 12 guys looking for the one last building for 5 minutes, which was the worst thing about the previous system.

I LOVE the flag, though. Much needed improvement.

Agreed. 80-90% of town needs to be taken down.  Everything else is great though.  Flag is awesome.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »
My thought is too easy.  I think the number needs to be closer to 75% instead of 50% down.

My thoughts exactly, 75% seems like a good middle ground..........LOVE the flag though  :aok a great addition
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.