Author Topic: Tank Town GV bombing solution  (Read 9934 times)

Offline cooldued

• Nickel Member
Re: Tank Town GV bombing solution
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
try a werb i tryed one there more fun then the tanks and get even more kills  :D
Planes I'm good in the Bf-109 G14, the B-25C, and the B-17G not many but its nice for me to know :P

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »
So, last night in orange.....  on TT island....

GV guys head to TT to slug it out.... the roster starts populating with names.... Tanks head into the central battle zone of the island....

Then a cloud of B-47Ns, B-38s, and Mossis show up.  Bombs abound, GV fighting ceases.  Fighters arc through the skies in energetic vengeful combat. 

BAH.

I would like to see a guy bomb me if he can't see me or my icon through clouds.  I would love to see someone "pull vertical" and bomb me a la' F84??? nuke bomb throw release....  whatever. 

The new map, grinder was awesome.  Isolated GV bases in the perimeter with high mountains around them to discourage aircraft.  Awesome, and well received by all.  No complaits as in this thread of giving GVrs a special place and so forth.  Clouds still seem like a pretty reasonable solution to me. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2011, 11:24:40 AM »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »

GV guys head to TT to slug it out.... the roster starts populating with names.... Tanks head into the central battle zone of the island....

Then a cloud of B-47Ns, B-38s, and Mossis show up.  Bombs abound, GV fighting ceases.  Fighters arc through the skies in energetic vengeful combat. 

BAH.

I would like to see a guy bomb me if he can't see me or my icon through clouds.  I would love to see someone "pull vertical" and bomb me a la' F84??? nuke bomb throw release....  whatever. 

The new map, grinder was awesome.  Isolated GV bases in the perimeter with high mountains around them to discourage aircraft.  Awesome, and well received by all.  No complaits as in this thread of giving GVrs a special place and so forth.  Clouds still seem like a pretty reasonable solution to me. 

Wanna simulate reality? add something into TT that was common in WWII with respect to the ground war and the aircraft's ability to affect that ground fight... not just clouds, but SOUP.... thick, solid cover extending all the way down to  a couple hundred feet and up to a few thousand. Soup so thick even Gen. Patton's chaplain couldn't conjure up a prayer to break it up. Guys would still be able to greif with IL2s and low-level bomb (something that would be much more dangerous because of the low level approach and the danger of splash damage), but it would be harder and vertical dive bombing (easy mode bombing) would be virtually eliminated. Heck, even give us random rainstorms and fog in TT to make it harder for the spawncampers to see.

Make it REAL, man!!  :aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »

BAH.

As soon as the bombing started, I left Tank Town. No fun can be had when a select few tards decide to ruin it for everyone else...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
try a werb i tryed one there more fun then the tanks and get even more kills  :D

Coodued, your Werb argument does not make any sense.. I hear the same story. Up a werble in tank town if they are bombing. Tank Town is populated with tanks. Up a tank get a bomb dropped on your head. Up a Werb and get shot by another tank. Sounds like a no win situation..

Wirbles do not do well against M4 Sherman's..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »
Every time I go bomb****ing, some really good shot pops up in a Whirble or Ossie & my Fun-Time is very limited.  To me that's all that's necessary.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »
I really don't know why I continue to bash my head against this particular wall.  I'm just a masochist I guess.

Talk to the guys on the other side, come over to where I play, and GV your little hearts out.  I'm willing to bet that 95% of the regulars will leave you alone so long as you're not messing with the airfields we're flying out of and you won't get bombed.  Sometimes we even have events where GV's are needed and drivers with experience and skill on those platforms would be well received. 

The egg tossers will have to find something else to do like actually fight a target that shoots back and you guys will be left unmolested for the most part. 

Fair warning though.  If Grumpy ups a tank start the timer before you die.  He's pretty sharp in em.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
And here I thought this thread was dead, cleaned, cooked, served, eaten, trashed, and taken to the dump....

Have the last few pages added anything at all?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
nah, still alive and kicking.  I do enjoy AvA, I just have never seen a GV fight in there....

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
Have the last few pages added anything at all?"

I kinda liked my idea for overcast, rain and fog in TT...

:shrug:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
Just the same personality stuff.... GVrs are not / are (insert your spin) entitled to a place to duke it out in the MA. 

The thing I have found amusing is that some of the contrarians are the same who litter 200 with "bomb****" and "lancstuka" accusations. 

I thought it a low impact simple idea.... seems to be 50-50. 

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2011, 02:33:10 PM »
nah, still alive and kicking.  I do enjoy AvA, I just have never seen a GV fight in there....

start one

enough people know you and like you to start a ruckus :D

conversely enough people want your pelt on a wall to draw them in as well... win / win
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2011, 02:42:33 PM »
Hmmm... they certainly are not looking for Dirtdart.... probably his evil twin

Crusader  :x

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
Just take the ords out of the TT air fields. Wont stop it but will slow it down. They will still have IL2's but most of those guys can be shot with the main gun of a tank.