Author Topic: Green guy etiquette  (Read 12565 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Green guy etiquette
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 07:35:18 AM »
Whenever people ask me if I need help my answer would be no but I'm usually too busy to answer. 

U should see Tec.  He only texts in the game and can carry on an entire conversation about ice fishing while he is in a turn fight with two peeps at once.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »
I always try to give the friendly guy a heads up on range vox, "yo, (insert name), I see you, Im dropping in".  No reply I figure I'm good and I know he now knows he is about to get help and can act accordingly.  If I get an "I'm ok with this guy", or something like that then I just hover and watch.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
I fall down a lot...

The point of the OP is to get a range of opinions on the subject.

That was my opinion on the subject ;)

Its like asking a boxer that has been going 12 rounds if it is OK to come in and through the winning punch or help him not get knocked out.  Do you really need to ask what the range of opinions is there?  As I said, we all know, we just play dumb  ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »
Lots of good answers so far. Your original post has good examples of proper thinking. My two cents is that there are no rules, just thoughtfulness, which is best backed up by checking on the radio. Folks talking on range about who is on which bandit, who is covering who, and what new threats are in the area, are IMHO, the best folks to fly with. That kind of behavior will lead to more effective killing/victories and a lot les confusion/frustration/conflict among the friendlies. And in the end probably a better time for the bandits as well.

Good radio communication clears up most issues, and is contagious Others learn from your example and will follow suit. Sounds like you are off to a great start.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2011, 11:28:58 AM »
 I seem to default to the same rules.  Ask the guy, no response:  Kill the con if the friendly is losing.  If I know the person and they're in it for the fight, then I'll stay out even if it means they die. 

If they give an answer then the choice is obvious.

If it's a squad mate then it is imperative I kill the enemy before them, the importance is tripled if it is Del on the guy's six.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer