Author Topic: What's with sticking to one country about?  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
Re: What's with sticking to one country about?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »
I understand the "country loyalty" thing. Years ago when I was CO of the Mafia, we were Bish, and Bish only. However we NEVER had any rules about not switching countries.
Squads that do that are childish, and anyone who would join a squad that had such a rule and FOLLOWED it would be foolish...

So...you think peeps that try to play a game with friends and are loyal to one side are foolish?  Childish?  Weird..i'd think the opposite were true.  Those that change sides more often than underwear in order to gain advantage/score/whatever are the ones who should be described that way.  Those loyal to a 'team' shouldn't be ridiculed.  I would find it odd in a football game for our running back to switch to the other side for any reason; leave the dance with thems that brought ya. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:34:01 AM by Warspawn »
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 08:00:41 AM »
Sometimes when Bar post something I'm feel embarrassed that he is from Massachusetts like me. Of course I'm sure there are times when he feels the very same way because of me   :D

I understand the "country loyalty" thing. Years ago when I was CO of the Mafia, we were Bish, and Bish only. However we NEVER had any rules about not switching countries. Squads that do that are childish, and anyone who would join a squad that had such a rule and FOLLOWED it would be foolishly cutting out a large portion of players that potentially they could have fun flying with.

What a pompous statement.  In the past you sat in a box to play a game and yet you call others childish.   :bolt:

Fred

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:07:00 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »
If your part of a team (squad) then be part of that team. Squads make rule for themselves that they choose. If you do not like that squads rules. If you really want to be in or part of a squad You fnid a squad who's rules you do like. Or just freelance squadless.

That being said as for jumping countries in general. I think that you should only be allowed to change countries once per tour.
and/or
The only exception would be to change to a country with the lowest numbers
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 08:04:52 AM »
Flying for one side limits the usefulness of your shades and the score padding abilities they provide.  :noid
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2011, 08:10:14 AM »
Sorry Dred, but in the past I've seen some squads do their best to "dictate game play".  So I enjoy the ability to switch.  But I don't get ADD about it and feel the need to switch every hour.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2011, 08:10:56 AM »
well..I appreciate all the responses. My question came about because I've seen several posts where people are looking for a squad but are willing to only fly for country "X". Sorta makes sense now...to each his own I guess.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »

That being said as for jumping countries in general. I think that you should only be allowed to change countries once per tour.
and/or
The only exception would be to change to a country with the lowest numbers

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »
how could anyone give a rat's bellybutton if someone jumped countries? I still don't get it.

I also enjoy the subtle jabs at people who switch.. "i stay one country = honor", which implies you have no honor if you switch.  it's as silly as someone who would say "i only fly american planes, because I'm american".. ok, thats fine, but you really are restricting yourself for no good reason.  ITS A GAME.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »
how could anyone give a rat's bellybutton if someone jumped countries or not? I still don't get it.

I also enjoy the subtle jabs at people who switch.. "i stay one country = honor", which implies you have no honor if you switch.  it's as silly as someone who would say "i only fly american planes, because I'm american".. ok, thats fine, but you really are restricting yourself for no good reason.  ITS A GAME.

:aok 100% agree, but did add a small edit.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30:06 AM »
When I first log on, I look at the numbers and then at who appears to need help the most (it's not always the low-number side).  Then I'll switch if I need to and help out.  As the night progresses and/or fights dry up, I'll take another look.  If I decide to switch I make it a point to try to not fight the guys I was just helping (unless the arena is so lopsided they're all that's left to fight - think EW/MW  :D)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »
So...you think peeps that try to play a game with friends and are loyal to one side are foolish?  Childish?  Weird..i'd think the opposite were true.  Those that change sides more often than underwear in order to gain advantage/score/whatever are the ones who should be described that way.  Those loyal to a 'team' shouldn't be ridiculed.  I would find it odd in a football game for our running back to switch to the other side for any reason; leave the dance with thems that brought ya.

Comparing this game to football is a bit too far a stretch. I've never seen one football team have 3 times the number of players as the other and everyone being ok with that. Whats wrong with making friends on the other teams? It's much easier to do when your flying with them.

What a pompous statement.  In the past you sat in a box to play a game and yet you call others childish.   :bolt:

Fred

I know you guys are reading the statements, but do either of you comprehend WHAT you are reading? What I said was it's childish for a squad to make a rule that you can not switch sides. I that instance if your a bish and it's horde time and you don't feel like being the 10th guy in on a single bogie your suppose to log off in stead because heaven forbid you switch sides and have some fun.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:52:43 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »
I fly only Knights, for simple reason:

I don't fit in well with the Rooks

funny looking fellows of questionable sexuality and odd accents....

or the Bish

vile filthy creatures all.

:rofl

Actually, my squad is Knight only as a rule, unless it's an unusual circumstance and the CO makes the call to do something different. It's an awesome squad, a great group of guys with whom I have had a ton of fun flying, and I have no problem what-so-ever with the rules. This game is what you make it, and you can take from it as much or as little as you want. I'm perfectly happy with not flying for the other two sides, and don't feel I'm missing a thing or care if anyone else thinks that opinion is short-sighted.  :aok
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:05:49 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
It just seems to me that if you're in favor of chesspiece loyalty, you immediately lose the right to complain about being outnumbered because if you wouldn't switch sides to even the numbers, why should anybody else?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
I switch countries so assbat will indulge my senses with his "trator" rantings   :aok

JUGler
Army of Muppets

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
ya comparing this too football or almost any other "game" is way off, since when does football have three teams? and as Fugi said have one team so out number the other teams....... comparing it to tne military is straight up laughable......its a friggin game, all sides are the same, same people trying to have fun, to say that its Honorable to stay on one side is, to put it bluntly stupid, im guessing those that said that will have no problem attacking one con with 5 to 10 friendlies, enjoy vulching, and other nefarious activities while in game, I am seeing a pattern here, it seems that those people take this GAME way to serious comparing it to the military HAHA Thats just so........heck i cant even think about the words to use.....idiotic comes to mind......absurd.....sad....p ick any one of those.....now I could understand that thinking if You really frigging DIED.....but gee our cartoon self is immortal and comes back every time with a nice new shiney plane. Whatever its your $15.........hahahaha