Author Topic: Looking for a K4 trainer  (Read 2346 times)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
Re: Looking for a K4 trainer
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »
When I need to turn fight planes that out turn me, I try to something super risky...

the 109k4 can dump and regain 'e' quickly, so I dump my 'e' faster than the other guy, forcing an overshoot, then I chase them around until I score a hit or get picked.

Hey, I do that sometimes too!  We should hit the DA sometime!

Seriously though, really we should.  I need practice for Bald's tourney.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »
Hey, I do that sometimes too!  We should hit the DA sometime!

Seriously though, really we should.  I need practice for Bald's tourney.

yeah we should. I haven't been on much recently so I"m prob rust as hell, but yeah, I'd love too.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
 As Ardy stated its risky but  K4 is extremely adept at vertical or BRD reversals learn them well. I win more fights forcing an overshoot and quick tater prolly than straight up merging or rolling scissor in the MA any more LOL.

A tactic I like is to bait a con, begin a lazy turn then tighten the turn, then when he is really close pull vertical ( throttle and flaps here and you can actually cause the K4 to tail slide here )and roll over the top and pop him inverted as he flys underneath you. It takes alot of practice but it works like a charm in alot of situations. Krup has a cool film on youtube of it done perfectly.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:09:55 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
As Ardy stated its risky but  K4 is extremely adept at vertical or BRD reversals learn them well. I win more fights forcing an overshoot and quick tater prolly than straight up merging or rolling scissor in the MA any more LOL.

A tactic I like is to bait a con, begin a lazy turn then tighten the turn, then when he is really close pull vertical ( throttle and flaps here and you can actually cause the K4 to tail slide here )and roll over the top and pop him inverted as he flys underneath you. It takes alot of practice but it works like a charm in alot of situations. Krup has a cool film on youtube of it done perfectly.

This is a true K4 driver.....listen well younglings
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
I turn fight in them pretty comfortably myself.  Just so you know, getting into a turn fight with a plane like a p40 and then taking it vert, is a tactic.  A good one too I might add.  You can bleed the other guy's E and then go up, when he can't.  Then you can pretty much kill him at your leisure.  I'd guess that you weren't messing with any experienced K4 sticks, just a Kurfurst tourist. A P40 should really have very little to no chance against a K4. 
i know its a good tactic, most early war planes (especially the p40) cant go 1v1 in a vertical fight with more late war models. its just that we were both pretty much dipping below treetop level trying to outturn eachother, very low E. and he suddenly decides to go vertical without enough E to make it without stalling out. it just kind of made me laugh watching the k4 nosed up in the air suddenly go plummeting back down to the earth.

the other K4 was warroc of the TA  :noid

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
i know its a good tactic, most early war planes (especially the p40) cant go 1v1 in a vertical fight with more late war models. its just that we were both pretty much dipping below treetop level trying to outturn eachother, very low E. and he suddenly decides to go vertical without enough E to make it without stalling out. it just kind of made me laugh watching the k4 nosed up in the air suddenly go plummeting back down to the earth.

the other K4 was warroc of the TA  :noid
A good K4 stick would have extended away from a P40 came over the top and BnZed you to death. Thats one reason I am not afraid to turn with most planes, the acceleration of the K4 is amazing.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
Well I haven't had a huge drop in my k/d ratio while flying the k4, although I'm mostly killing buffs with it. I'm still missing shots against fighters, although I did nail one from -400.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01:49 PM »
I thought the fighting on the deck with a P~40 comment was hilarious.....one thing you have to realize that most here already know, the plane is a tool, being controled by a pilot, he is who you are fighting,  try fighting Grizz or Kappa in your P~40 while they are in a K~4 see how long you last....I am not insulting you in any way, just trying to get the point that no matter what the paper work says on a particular plane, the plane itself cannot do anything on its own, you are fighting the pilot of said plane...if I listened to those who said to me..."A hurri cant do that..."......well anyways the best thing you can do is keep practicing....fly against those that are better then you, and dont think because you won against two in DA means you know how to fight it, or in it.   

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:18 AM »
A better example would be going up against ghi when he's in an IL-2 or kingpen when he's flying a Wildcat. Neither plane is supposed to be all that good, but in the hands of these guys they are deadly killing machines.

As for me, well on the positive side I landed a record-high 6 kills in a K4 today...however, 2 were proxies that augered trying to kill me like within 5 seconds of each other, 1 was an SBD, one was a low and slow Brewster, and one was a Spitsteen that I tatered when he stalled out.

The 110 kill was pretty good though.  :D

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »
K4, you gotta chose your fight man. I normally fly solo into a big blobs of red but I normally hang onto my E, rope all of em for a bit. Eventually kill most of em then turnfight maybe the last two. You just don't turnfight vs all of them right away =)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 12:41:51 PM »
K4, you gotta chose your fight man. I normally fly solo into a big blobs of red but I normally hang onto my E, rope all of em for a bit. Eventually kill most of em then turnfight maybe the last two. You just don't turnfight vs all of them right away =)

Well hell, that's what I've been doing wrong lately then.

I knew it had to be something.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Well hell, that's what I've been doing wrong lately then.

I knew it had to be something.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Just get in there and rip it up. I do it all the time, and you get much better much faster. you have unlimited lives so exploit that!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »
I mean it's not like D9 BnZming where it has 45 min total fuel time, which mean u can hang around target area for 30 min. K4 you only have about 20min of fuel. 5 min fly to target, 5 min fly rtb. That leaves ya about 10 min for fighting. If I don't just take it out for tnb (which I normally do), I'd usually get 8-10 kills in the K4 in that 10 min time frame. It's not that bad infact it's quite fun taking 1 vs 5ish and take em all down, with them being 800-1.5k behind ya tryin to follow you up.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »
II'd usually get 8-10 kills in the K4 in that 10 min time frame.

Yenny, no offense, but 8-10 kills?? I smell a bit of an exaggeration... Grizz doesn't even get 8-10 kills regularly in a k4. So far you have flown 11 flights with 16 kills and have only made it back 5 times. Not bad, but don't make this new guy feel unsuccessful by gloating in the help forum.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 05:24:47 PM »
I havne't really play this game a lot lately, thanks to world of tanks. Once a week I'd take my K4 up fly around shoot stuff. Though back when I was actively playing this game, yea I normally have a good k/d ratio, time/kill ratio, hit% etc. Lately, I just don't even bother to land =) just crash when I run out of ammo. Here are some of my active months.

Tour 101:

Kills per Death + 1 7.92
Kills per Sortie 3.72
Kills per Hour of Flight 11.88
Kills Hit Percentage 13.97
Kill Points 99651.38 6

Fighter 
Kills 934
Assists 213
Sorties 251
Landed 119
Bailed 8
Ditched 13
Captured 42
Deaths 65
Discos 4
Rank 2

My best tour there. Like I said I'm not really playing AHII last 2 years. Just a few flight a week to keep in touch w/ my squaddie. Nothing about gloating man, it's all about teaching the new players. I was a D9 guys, after talk to Grizz for a while I adapted the K4. Within a week, I was able to land 6+ easy per mission w/o reload. I mean landing kills is not hard. I used to be all about killing instead of rolling on the deck, but now I'm more oriented on rolling on the deck so my kill ratio suffers. If I want to land 10-15 kills a sortie, still very easily doable in D9, I just don't do it anymore. Doesn't mean I can't. Kill/sortie depends on mission type though, If I'm on the defensive, It's harder to kill folks since you're having to break from being bounce all the time. If I'm on the offensive, I normally wrack up quite a bit per mission.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96