Author Topic: Hawk problem  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: Hawk problem
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 08:54:06 AM »
Weasels will drink the blood of their kills, and eat very little else if there is an abundance, like a pen full of pigeon's.
I've had weasels so bold that they tried to steal a squirrel out of my game pouch when I was hunting. Felt this funny tug, looked, and there is a Weasel 3" from my right elbow.

The drag enclosure thing looked like the best bet to me. Lets your chickens get fresh ground to work every day, bit of variety, and keeps them safe.

PS, not a good idea to name anything that you may end up eating someday.
Take it from a farm boy who knows, it can make life    ...........well, "interesting".

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 09:41:20 AM »
I don't know.  I have a habit of giving lobsters the name of people I wish I had a real life delete key for.

Makes it that much more satisfying to drop them into to the pot and hear that steam whistle that sounds like a scream  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
lol I had a "pet" caimen...his name was "Goliath" once he tried to eat me, I figured it was game on....so I ate him instead lol

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »
lol I had a "pet" caimen...his name was "Goliath" once he tried to eat me, I figured it was game on....so I ate him instead lol

is that a type of croc?  i had a mini lop rabbit that was house broken he used the litter box with the cats, well one night me and the misses were laying on the couch ( as will smith would say" getting jiggy with it" lol ) freaking little rabbit jumped up on the couch and took a chunk of flesh off of my kneecap, i mean this little (**&% took a chunk, i'm bleeding like a stuck pig and they only thing on my mind was finding that rabbit and thump him over the head, of course the misses goes " oh your not going to hurt that thing" months later he went AWOL   :devil
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »
ZOOM~it is a crocadillian, they are from south america, real nasty, way worse then alligators in temperment, right up there with crocodiles, they only reach 8feet, for a big male, "Goliath" was a tad over 4' and nasty as they come,  allthough I did have another one that was docile, at another point I had a sweet alligator pit in my living room, and had a awesome gator that I grew to about 4' he was awesome, allthough tried to bite me every chance he got, him I grew from a baby, the day I gave him to a reptile park in Mass he ripped my finger almost off, over 3 years I had him I was always able to avoid his teeth  lol till the day I gave him away,  I can only get online through my phone or id post up some pics:-(

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »
LOL! Zoom that post was priceless.

Tupac, it sucks...but if you're going to have free range chickens you need to expect to lose some to predators. I have a dozen chickens that were hatched last April. This spring I intend to let them roam freely, with complete realization that I will most likely lose some (I live in Maine, a lot of predators). They're great birds, every one leaves me with an egg everyday (and quite often double yokes!) I do care for them and their safety...even referring to them as my "little girls" but in my opinion, being free range and there being the possibility of being killed is better than them being caged their entire life. At least that is what I would prefer. Hopefully you figure it out.

Mtnman - I enjoyed reading you posts. Very informative and interesting. It's obvious you have a passion for birds.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:48 PM »
You put a yoke on an ox
You put a yolk in an omlet

-Penguin

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2011, 01:56:21 PM »
You put a yoke on an ox
You put a yolk in an omlet

-Penguin

thank you Mr Spelling police, but i think we all knew what he was talking about
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2011, 02:14:14 PM »
Yes you are correct. I caught that after I had post. Can't edit posts from a crackberry, however. Keep raising that post count! :aok
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
ARMY training !

"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
PS, not a good idea to name anything that you may end up eating someday.
Take it from a farm boy who knows, it can make life    ...........well, "interesting".

What if we all name them after our ex wives?  That in itself would be very "interesting" and possibley downright entertaining come time to gather around the stump out back behind the smokehouse.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2011, 05:03:18 PM »
:rofl
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »

Oh, that is just priceless  :lol

-Penguin
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:15:51 PM by Penguin »

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »
I haven't seen th hawk since I put up te owl, and we haven't lost any chickens.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
glad to here the owl is working

Zoom and ink, those posts were freaking hilarious!

i say we shoud attack peta's forum again like what was done a few years ago... lol
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/