Author Topic: arena closing got to go  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: arena closing got to go
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:42 AM »
I like it.  I think it is better.  I am especially happy that the change retained the euro players whom I very much enjoy playing with.  Their inclusion, and hearing the varied accents really add to the intercontinental flavor of the game.  And if DMGOD does not like it, even better I figure.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:59 AM »
It's all about the fights. The game is about the fights.

If your in a fight it is working.

The game has little to do with capturing....... except to start more fights.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »

Says who?

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »

Well Shuff,  I agree with ya but then I have to go a little over the hill here... It is beginning to sound like some of the membership just want "FIGHT CLUB", ya know you can't talk about it and you shouldn't think about it but the game is being pointed to that place that we don't talk about or at least, shouldn't talk about.  We should just call it "The AH Fighters Club", so there... it's out in the open and we should all talk about it as it shouldn't be a secret anymore.  Well if you don't get it now, ya just won't ever get it! :x

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »

your wrong on that, the game is about capturing bases, if were just about fights there wouldn't be a DA since the DA is just about fights. The Main arena is about capturing bases. Lets not forget this is a game, the object is winning. How do you win you TAKE BASES. if all you want to do is fight go hang out in the DA

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
Well Shuff,  I agree with ya but then I have to go a little over the hill here... It is beginning to sound like some of the membership just want "FIGHT CLUB", ya know you can't talk about it and you shouldn't think about it but the game is being pointed to that place that we don't talk about or at least, shouldn't talk about.  We should just call it "The AH Fighters Club", so there... it's out in the open and we should all talk about it as it shouldn't be a secret anymore.  Well if you don't get it now, ya just won't ever get it! :x

All the Best...

Jay

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
The off hour arena is better than splitting up 2 LW arenas as there are now more people in off hour. The problem is with the LW arenas. Splitting the 2 arenas during peak hours typically leaves only 200 players in each arena. This is not enough players for these arenas. I find myself looking for fights half the time or spending too much time flying around looking at scenery. The time has come to combine all 4 WW2 arenas into one or at least extend off hours arena. Friday night should be a peak time, however, there was squad ops or something going on in special events arena with 300 players participating. This left LW arenas with less than 200 players and not much action. Why not have off peak arena open during special events?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
your wrong on that, the game is about capturing bases, if were just about fights there wouldn't be a DA since the DA is just about fights. The Main arena is about capturing bases. Lets not forget this is a game, the object is winning. How do you win you TAKE BASES. if all you want to do is fight go hang out in the DA

You win by fighting.

Otherwise there would be a lane for each player. When the bell rings each player would capture bases in their lane till the bell rang signaling that one player has captured the last base in his lane. Much like the little watergun setups at the carnivals.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »
You win by fighting.

Otherwise there would be a lane for each player. When the bell rings each player would capture bases in their lane till the bell rang signaling that one player has captured the last base in his lane. Much like the little watergun setups at the carnivals.

Wrong again, to win you have to have 90% of your own bases and 40% of enemy bases at least that's what HTC says. How you can get that by just fighting let us all know since you cant capture bases by furballing

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »
Off ours arena is great but as mentioned just when the fun is at maximum the arena closes.

I haven't bothered to log in again after getting booted. Most of the times half of your squad / friends end up stuck to the wrong server afterwards.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2011, 01:27:42 PM »

Every time I "win" a dog fight ... I get 10 times more of a rush than I do when I see "You winz teh WaRz ... you have been awardz 25 p3rk poointz"
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »
Every time I "win" a dog fight ... I get 10 times more of a rush than I do when I see "You winz teh WaRz ... you have been awardz 25 p3rk poointz"

I'm glad it makes you feel good but its a game it not about feeling its about winning. After all that is the objective

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »
 :headscratch: fighting....I'm pretty sure that more than furballing falls under this category  :bolt:

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
I'm glad it makes you feel good but its a game it not about feeling its about winning. After all that is the objective

My objective is to beat every opponent (win) that I run into ... that's the game that I play. Point being ... there is more than just 1 "game/objective" in this game and one is no more important than the other.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »

You guys are both equally right, and wrong...