Author Topic: Are you a "timid" flyer?  (Read 8034 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Are you a "timid" flyer?
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »
Not factoring Joch1m's 262 sorties, his K/D ratio this tour is 4.27.

I came up with a K/D of 3.54.

His current K/D of 4.50 comes from 171 kills/(32 deaths + 3 ditches + 3 captures) = 171/38 = 4.50

Take away 47 of those kills and 3 of those deaths from flying the 262 and you get:

(171 - 47)/(29 deaths + 3 ditches + 3 captures) = 124/35 = 3.54

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »
correction...Goaded... no goated....................... ....well maybe goated.

where is my black p-40...and my rock glass?  

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
I only factored in the deaths, silly me, I forgot about bails and captures. Do ditches go against score?

Can we agree that his KDR is more than 1:1?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:27:21 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
I only factored in the deaths, being that I thought we were going off pure KDR.

lol if it above 2:1 I'm happy
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »

It certainly is.  I'm not disputing that he's a good pilot.  I honestly have no idea if he's good or not, as I don't think I've ever flown against him before.  I'm just noting that flying the 262 has significantly impacted his overall K/D and, by consequence, his fighter rank.  

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »
It certainly is.  I'm not disputing that he's a good pilot.  I honestly have no idea if he's good or not, as I don't think I've ever flown against him before.  I'm just noting that flying the 262 has significantly impacted his overall K/D and, by consequence, his fighter rank.  
Well I have been flying 262's latly to "burn perks" because I changing my name soon...and as soon as I get a couple runs in a b29 I will be finishing all my perks to switch. Lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »

I understand. I just wanted to point out, in a polite mannor, that your statement was incorrect. Not out of spite, I just wanted to prevent any future conflict and/or missunderstanding.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »
YOU guys talking about scores....i just went and looked at mine for the first time in months......

fighter k/d=.42

attack k/d=.12

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »
A wise man once said "score is only good for compairing yourself with yourself."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
A wise man once said "score is only good for compairing yourself with yourself."

which is why i never really look at it. i fly. i die. i kill. i bail. i ditch. i fall out of the sky. i hit trees. sometimes if i'm lucky i land. it's all in cartoon land, so it's all fun.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2011, 06:02:33 PM »
Well I have been flying 262's latly to "burn perks" because I changing my name soon...and as soon as I get a couple runs in a b29 I will be finishing all my perks to switch. Lol

keep it short I had a heck of a time fitting a legible 'joach1m' in an 80 x 80 avatar ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
Evidently since you play at such late hours, in relation to euro times, you may not have seen a few pilots in the air.  I do believe that the measuring stick of fighter prowess may be the dueling ladder, or maybe even KOTH.  One of these few guys has won the TOC twice.  

Now, as far as E fighting, maintaining the edge et al.... I have never seen your 38 under 20K, IIRC.  

So, nice try kiddo.  Go back to your hole and comb your dolls hair for a bit, this was a grown up conversation about perspective.  If you feel someones idea of playing the game (sim/score/etc...) contradicts your own personal perspective, you are no more than an arrogant self absorbed clown.  I appreciate someone who has the discipline to fight from the advantage.  I appreciate someone who when fighting four at once, can drop all four and still RTB with no damage.  There are a few guys who can do this.  Sadly, you are not one of them.  (nor am I for that matter, but I do aspire).  

You might want to pick a bit easier of a target than the few if you want to allude to timidity, for the bulk of the few are excellent at fighting, and not remotely as pompus as you.  

Bottom line:  Yet another akak fail.  Hey, if I did not have your responses to read, what would I have.  Farewell.   :salute

What a crock. I've only killed AkAk maybe twice & both times he was in the dirt and out turning all 4 of the other guys. That's why I got the kills.   :old:  :banana:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2011, 01:48:23 AM »
Yes, I'm timid.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2011, 07:53:29 AM »
Yes, I'm timid.

Could be.  But you're not a timid flyer.

- oldman

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
Army of Muppets