Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 1830 times)

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:19:58 PM »
2.99/gal here in billings MT
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
Easy solution: Gassifier.  :aok

Bring on the smog!
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
$3.47 here and that was at a wholesale club which usually beats all the gas prices around!

I can't wait for it to get warmer and I can take the motorcycle to work.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
Just checked with the folks back home in Scotland. They're at $8 per US gallon or $2.10 a liter. Its probably 10 years since they saw prices as low as $3.50 a gallon.

Think I'll stay in California and smile at our problems.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
Sure it has.  In this example, its a lot more efficient to make electricity at a huge power station, utilizing economies of scale, than it is to utilize millions of very small and inefficient gasoline and diesel engines.  It matters not if the power station is using coal, natural gas, some other oil derived fuel, nuclear, solar, hydroelectric, wind, or what have you, it still holds.  The increase in cost of electricity, if it happens at all, would be negligible compared to the savings from not buying gasoline.  The inherent advantages electricity has in production and distribution guarantee that.

Another factor is that many of our political rivals or straight up enemies are funded by our oil habit, and finding ways to reduce their leverage on us is a good idea.

read up on  electric cars and get back to us.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 07:56:29 PM »
The electrical grid in the US is in shambles. A few hundred thousand people plug in their air conditioners on a hot day and we end up with a brown or blackout.

What do you think would happen if a few million or more people plugged in their electric vehicles at the same time????????????

Like Cap said  :aok

read up on  electric cars and get back to us.
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
I thought we had it rough at $1.35

Man !  that's cheaper than our diesel ...they are saying that we are looking at a 10-12c raise in the next week or two

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
<---- owns 2 4dr 2500 series Silverados  '05 gas and a '10 diesel (his/hers) 

Gas station---> :ahand<------me. Looks like ill be using the company car a bit more. 2007 Minivan....lol Ill look like a soccer mom with a goatee  :D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:25:40 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
How about not even using a gasoline powered car?  Electricity is incredibly cheap, and you can recharge in the comfort of your own home with nothing but an electrical outlet.  If travelling longer distances, consider a hybrid with plug-in capabilities, the gasoline motor can recharge the batteries en-route.  Electricity is the way of the future, stop living in the (now rather expensive) past.

-Penguin

Okay what car is available that does this (besides the $150,000 tesla roadster or one you make in your garage) at this time?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
I would like to see more diesel vehicles for sale in the USA also hydrogen as a fuel more researched. I was also researching a used cavalier with CNG (natural gas), unfortunatley there is no place to fill it up where I live.

Diesel Fiesta by Ford
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_37/b4099060491065.htm
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 09:03:12 PM »
Take a dump in the gas tank and there you go a full tank of gas  :devil
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
yeah it's killing me.....

We have enough oil in our own country to last us over TWO THOUSAND years and put gas back UNDER a dollar a gallon.........but that would make too much sense....
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
$3.41 at the pump here. Getting worse, too.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »
This shouldn't be discussed! Its causing greif, prices are bad enough! By the time i can drive my own car gas is going to be like 5 dollars a gallon!
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
This shouldn't be discussed! Its causing greif, prices are bad enough! By the time i can drive my own car gas is going to be like 5 dollars a gallon!

I can hear your heart shattering into pieces from my side of the monitor. May I play the world's smallest violin?

Gas prices have always been at "record highs." People adapt and overcome. Sure it sucks to pay so much, but we'll find a way.
Landing is overrated.