Author Topic: Easy Planes to get kills in  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Easy Planes to get kills in
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:12 AM »
I'm an average pilot, but when I fly te spixteen I have no trouble wiggling my way out of a 2v1, or even a 3v1.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
I hear so much praise for the Spitfires. I've flown them a bit and have gotten a few kills, but I never get shot down by Spits. When I see them in a furball I'm like, "I'll get to him eventually, there's more imminent threats in the area."

Unless he's in a XIV, those scare the crap out of me.  :eek:

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
Years back the La7 was for noobs only, now its just for Hoagi.

Hoagi? Bah he's a dweeb.  The LA-7 is for me and only for me.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
i think yarbles has been getting picked by ponies...  :lol

Not at all and please don't judge me by those standards even if they are yours. Try to comprehend that not everyone on these forums is an adolescent or an overgrown version of the same.

I probably need to explain to you that not everyone is so under developed that they can't see their own role clearly in their fortunes and needs to blame the game when things don't work out how they would like them to.

My point is that the 51 is very common and in my experience an easy plane to land kills in so I am surprised more people don't whinge about it like they do other rides.

My oppinion is spend less time worrying about what the other guy is flying and find ways to beat it instead of whining about it.

Again not whining about it making an observation. I am beggining to think there are more testosterone overdosing teenagers in the game than I first thought.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:23:02 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »

My point is that the 51 is very common and in my experience an easy plane to land kills in so I am surprised more people don't whinge about it like they do other rides.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you had played this game for any length of time that you'd know that what you claim isn't true.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »
Like I mentioned earlier, if you had played this game for any length of time that you'd know that what you claim isn't true.

ack-ack

Agreed there was all the runstang stuff from way back but why did it stop then?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:32:31 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »
Ok.. it's American History Lecture time.

Please locate the nearest crucible of salt grains to ingest while reading the following:

The reason the P51 isn't picked on or put down by those that choose to place blame on the airplane modeling/performance is simply because all Americans have been taught by Hollywood that the P51 won the war for, not only the USA, but the entire combined allied forces.  This is ingrained from our very first exposure to WW2 aircraft and perpetuated in our culture by a very popular performance automobile.
The P51 Mustang is an integral part of our culture.  It can't possibly be a bad thing.  

LA-7s, however, didn't exist until AW and AH came out.  We Americans never heard about it, so it must be fabricated. It can't possibly be that good.  All the Soviets ever did was copy our airplanes, nuclear weapons, and enslaved their people.  How could they possibly have an aeronautical industry capable of producing such a good airplane?  No.. it simply can't be, so the modeling is wrong. ( the author was even guilty of this belief in his younger years ).

Nikki. What a farce. Everybody knows the Japanese didn't have any aircraft worth a darn after the Zero.  It's obvious, since our mighty US Navy massacred them from the skies at every opportunity.. after Midway, of course.   There is no way that a documented fact that the Japanese spent no considerable effort to actually TRAIN the pilots they stuck in those birds, would yield such a discrepancy between the planes historical performance and it's virtual lethality.  Obviously, the plane is modeled all wrong.

Brewster.  Again, all good Americans who are up to date on their aviation history know that this bird was a sentence of death to anybody who had to fly them at Midway.  There is no other version of the plane..anywhere.  Finnish Air Force?  That's just the line a the end of a race, right?  C'mon.. you can't improve on American Engineering.   Obviously, this plane, too, is modeled wrong.

Now.. after you clean the dripping sarcasm off your monitor, I think you'll understand a lot of the underlying opinions about certain aircraft. I know the first time I encountered the Niki in AW, I was demoralized at how well it did.  Shook my historical confidence to the core.. to where I discovered how little I really knew about how aircraft performed.  Keep in mind, I had lived WW2 aircraft from grade school ( we had these things called Libraries.. they had books.. we read books.  Spam was something mom served for dinner.  And getting booted was something that happened when dad didn't feel like sending you out to the woods to find a switch ) and these fancy-dancy flight sims didn't show up until I was 30, or so.. I already knew everything.  Accepting these alternative histories doesn't really set well with some.

However, I still don't like the LA-7..   :devil

Are you looking to get banned or something  :lol?
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
Agreed there was all the runstang stuff from way back but why did it stop then?

It hasn't.  People still whine as much as they did before about the "Runstang".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
sorry yarbles...i disagree...since i've been here, in the lw ma's for every runstang you see in a fight there are 10 spits of various versions...and very few runstangs get away compared to la7s.

take a look at the plane stats...last tour the p-51d had a k/d of 1.23 compared to the la7 1.36... c-hog had a whopping 2.78 k/d ratio...just going by the numbers doesn't look like the runstang gets away that often...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
sorry yarbles...i disagree...since i've been here, in the lw ma's for every runstang you see in a fight there are 10 spits of various versions...and very few runstangs get away compared to la7s.

take a look at the plane stats...last tour the p-51d had a k/d of 1.23 compared to the la7 1.36... c-hog had a whopping 2.78 k/d ratio...just going by the numbers doesn't look like the runstang gets away that often...

lol, doesn't look like the latter aircraft get flown as often. And the Pony's popularity attracts pilots of all skill levels.

And the C-Hog is generally only going to be flown by guys who are confident they're going to land some kills (and have the skills to back up that confidence).

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 01:19:59 PM »
I hear so much praise for the Spitfires. I've flown them a bit and have gotten a few kills, but I never get shot down by Spits. When I see them in a furball I'm like, "I'll get to him eventually, there's more imminent threats in the area."

Unless he's in a XIV, those scare the crap out of me.  :eek:
are you sure you never get shot down by them
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
are you sure you never get shot down by them

I might have fallen to a few last ToD when I was learning the ropes, but so far this ToD... I don't think so. I think one gave me a run for my money a few days ago but I landed that sortie...

Rebel - Inactive
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
The plane on my 6 is the easiest plane to get kills in.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
Okay I'm going generic. Any plane in the right hands gets a bunch of kills. I twice beat an la7 in a Stuka while milk running. Granted the guy probably thought easy kill. Sometimes it is tough to get a kill in any plane. I think I have had only one kill in a zero and that was in a scenario. Yet I've seen great pilots dish out death in that thing.....in heaping amounts. Ponies do seem good if you are going for K/D. I used one to go to 35/1 once. However I like to get dirty and Ponies aren't really good for that though I'm sure I could be taught a lesson in one by the right pilot.

Today one of my countrymen was being worked by 2 ponies. I came to help and those rascals were about 4k above me. So now I'm getting bnz'd. Finally after a few minutes I got one to bite. It looked to him like he had me. Not so. then about 5 our guys came in. When one saw is buddy vaporize the ran but darn, he ran the wrong way.  :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »
P51D got its balls nipped....went from an 8 eny to a 5. Pretty sure its because of the whining that used to happen about it.

Spit16 makes harder reverses, moves, overshoots alot easier......quote that from a sqauddie of yours.

LA7 alot easier to fly then some would think....not all La7 pilots always are going fast.

N1K has a ton of ammo....KI84 rails it in a 1v1

Brew most people who fly it exxagerrate every bad thing about this game, going for HOs, ack hugging, picking off people already engaged in multicon engagements(being the 3-4 in). The guns are said to suck because of lack of ammo but its still not too hard to get 4-5 kills in even with par gunnery and being M2s on a good platform for shooting they are like lasers and hit important parts.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"