Author Topic: Kids these days  (Read 3919 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Kids these days
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2011, 11:19:21 AM »
So, in your opinion, there was no other way to deal you?  If that is true, how on earth can you ask what is wrong with kids today when the only solution to deal with kids back then was a good beating?  I can tell you mine and pretty match all my friends and neighbors behave without the need to be knocked out or for me to impress them by moving like lightning when they "deserve it".  So, I guess, kids now days are better then our generation.

I also know that it is impossible to get anyone who was brought up like that to actually think it was wrong for several reasons:
Check Westy's post again for a few of them.

I see kids all the time that think that because their parents will not even just slap them in the face once....these kids think they can walk all over them...and they do.

i can show you 3 shining examples. they're brothers. they all are bad. they've all been kicked out of every high school they've been put in....but it wasn't their fault. none of them graduated. but it wasn't their fault. none of them holds a job. but it's not their fault. one even got fired from his own fathers shop in only a week. but it wasn't his fault.

and yes, they all said that each time.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
I see kids all the time that think that because their parents will not even just slap them in the face once....these kids think they can walk all over them...and they do.

i can show you 3 shining examples. they're brothers. they all are bad. they've all been kicked out of every high school they've been put in....but it wasn't their fault. none of them graduated. but it wasn't their fault. none of them holds a job. but it's not their fault. one even got fired from his own fathers shop in only a week. but it wasn't his fault.

and yes, they all said that each time.

And they were right.  It was their parents fault.  What you are missing is that beating them would have made no difference or make it worse.  It was not the fact that you got knocked out that made you who you are.  It was everything else your parents did for you.  And BTW, 3 kids does not equal every kid.

As I said, you guys confuse respect with fear.

Most cases of adults complaining about other peoples kids come down to a kid expressing an opinion and not just saying "yes sir, you are right".  You would accept that from an adult, but for some reason a kid should not have an opinion or express it.  This is what started this thread.  A kid stood up to a tax collector and now we are discussing why all kids are bad today.   :rofl 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
maybe i missed it, but i don't think anyone said all kids.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
"I am willing to bet that "most" parents are nothing like that."

Course they're not but the contents of several postings show there are
some who perspective because their world is small. IMO you're posts are
pretty much dead on dedolas. You're debating with a few who have no
idea things can be different elsewhere and it's a no-win situation.

As for the original post i think it's truly pathetic that a grown man would
get himself into any type of situation where he's arguing with a jeuvile.
Especially in some online game. Something is wrong with that so-called
'adult' imo.

First off, I was not arguing with a "Juvenile". Second of all, he was 14, he can be tried as an adult in the State of Georgia, which means yes, at 14 you can go to prison in Ga. At 17 in Ga. you can get the death penalty, but thats a different subject.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2011, 11:39:58 AM »
You got insulted because a 14 year old kid told you to kill yourself and get a job over the internet?

I was never insulted, I was simply surprised to see a 14 year old stating that.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »
First off, I was not arguing with a "Juvenile". Second of all, he was 14, he can be tried as an adult in the State of Georgia, which means yes, at 14 you can go to prison in Ga. At 17 in Ga. you can get the death penalty, but thats a different subject.

Get over it and go hide behind some billboard big man :lol  What is all this have to do with the subject?  How many teens did you take revenge on since the alleged incident?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2011, 12:49:56 PM »
maybe i missed it, but i don't think anyone said all kids.......

Yep, the title/subject is "Kids these days" and people have been talking about kids.  Not a single kid that thought he was dealing with another 14 year old on the internet, assuming of coarse that everything happened the way the poster describes it.

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »
+1, I believe it is a parenting issue also.  Neither of my children would even think of acting like that.
true it is a parenting issue. I thought my kid would never do such a thing either,both of them are pretty good kids,then I let the 11 year old play cars online and he promptly got banned
abusive behavior, we told him to stop,he did...then he claimed to have  3rd party hack that would make him do something to the others. his online gaming promptly ended.I explained that there is nothing more repulsive to me than someone that cheats be it in school or online video gaming,whats the point?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
true it is a parenting issue. I thought my kid would never do such a thing either,both of them are pretty good kids,then I let the 11 year old play cars online and he promptly got banned
abusive behavior, we told him to stop,he did...then he claimed to have  3rd party hack that would make him do something to the others. his online gaming promptly ended.I explained that there is nothing more repulsive to me than someone that cheats be it in school or online video gaming,whats the point?

What?  You handled an issue with your kids without beatings?  Un-possible, sir  :lol
My girls did something similar.  Two months later they came back asking if it would be OK to go back on the online games and promised to behave.  No problems since but if it did happen now they would go without online games until end of summer.  Kind of forces them to get out and play with other kids also.  Win win situation and I don;t have to worry about how fast I can move to knock them out  :rofl

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
was listening to a radio show a few months ago where a former NFL player was talking about how rude and racist kids are while playing games. Some 10 Y.O. kid dropped an N bomb on him so he told the kid he was a racist d***head and the kid told his parents. the kids mom got on and actually got in an argument with him about her kids behavior lmao. Some of the kids really need an *** whooping.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »
there is a major differenxce between a beating, and a spanking, and/or a quick slap.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »
there is a major differenxce between a beating, and a spanking, and/or a quick slap.

Yes, but all unnecessary.  What were you talking about in your story of getting knocked out?  a spanking?  All you guys are talking about is bellybutton kickings,  not a quick spank on the butt.

Why is it OK to do to a kid what you cannot do to an adult?  I mean, if that is how you can get people to behave, I have a big list in my hands lol. 

FYI, hitting is the easy way out.  It takes a few seconds and you are done with it.  Parenting on the other hand may take some effort.  In the end, they are your kids.  You can treat them as people or as property and circus animals.  Your choice.  I would not treat my dog the way some posters recommended though.

Done here unless big man, tax man has anything to say  :lol

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2011, 02:32:11 PM »
Your a cop track him down and tell on him :lol

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
I'm under the impression you have something against cops.  He came here with an easy to understand gripe.  He was surprised about what happend with a youngster online.  As far as I can recall, he didn't say anything about beating a kid, maybe others have.  Is your sarcasm really necessary?  What ever problems you have with cops forget about it.  

EDIT: not you belial, you posted while I was typing this.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »
I'm under the impression you have something against cops.  He came here with an easy to understand gripe.  He was surprised about what happend with a youngster online.  As far as I can recall, he didn't say anything about beating a kid, maybe others have.  Is your sarcasm really necessary?  What ever problems you have with cops forget about it.  

EDIT: not you belial, you posted while I was typing this.

:rofl  Anytime someone puts out a two line long title to impress me (or a 14 year old kid) sarcasm will follow.  All I did was call him by what he really is.  And please, don;t include all cops in this.  Some of them have real jobs that are very dangerous and some times give their lives serving the public.  Some, take it easy behind bill boards and cry when kids abuse them on line.  Not all the same.