Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 23124 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 09:08:21 AM »
ya know,,,after being away for what,,idk,,couple years,,,,threads haven't changed a bit,,,well,,,alot more friendly then i remember,,,*seriously congrats on that* this one anyway..

seems to me,,the problem has always been,,,the mass's just want to play a game,,where as the few want a good dog fight,,,well i guess there is no answer that will fix all things for all people..

really just wanted to say hi,,so hi *waves*,,,,those who know me know i can't keep my .02 to myself,,so blast away,,,lol

i'd say i'd dust off my stick,,,but i'm way to lazy to reprogram it

:salute

how the heck have you been yanksfan?  :cheers:

good I hope.... come on back and join us when you get the itch now  :old:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
Not really , whining has never done much for me.

HiTech

LOL!!! good joke!

But i'm serious, Is this what you and Pyro thought you where building towards?

Is this the game play environment that "splitting arenas" and"dar heights" and other changes that you where shooting for?

Do you believe that this is the best way to get the 2 weekers signed up and and to keep those subscribers long term?

To the peanut gallery...

Other than avoiding this how would you fight it?

In this case I think it was the Alchemist,V squad, and a number of jokers, and I have to give them credit, they are VERY good at what they do. Everything at the base, all hangers, all ammo, all fuel, and I bet all building (when you haul bombs to the fight you might as well use them) is flatten and all in about 3 to 5 minutes hitting the field first, then any defenders, then the town last. In most cases if you die fast like me  :D and up at a near by base in something fast and come in at 1k tops, you are about 5 miles out when they capture and land. At this time they move on someplace else, more often than not the other side of the map to "sneak one" there. Of course the base they just took is so destroyed that they couldn't use it anyway. They are very good.

So if this is the way the game owner/designer wants his game to go I'm willing to try and change to this new way of playing.

How do you fight this? Or do you?

Do we just avoid it? Have three teams of hordes destroying base after base as fast as we can to reset the map?

Do we join the horde our country seems to generate at times and become one of the unthinking locust destroying everything in its path?

I have 6 or 7 thousand fighter perks should I become a tempest/262 dweeb and "pick" my way along the fronts?

I am truly serious here I'd like to know how I should play to still enjoy this game. It's the only game where I get to fly and die often and it doesn't really hurt. I love to fly, and this is the closest I'll ever come to be a pilot. So help me out here. I'm an old dog looking for new tricks. I started out in this game when learning tactics and maneuvers was important. Evidently there is a whole new set of skills I'll need for this.  

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 09:32:02 AM »
come to midwar, hoards are smaller

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 09:34:51 AM »
Hello Fugitive,

You asked a good question...How do you fight this?  Well the honest answer on the initial attack is you can't with any hope of real success.  I usually concede the field they are NOE attacking and set up Pig scout flights along lines of approach to the next most likely targets.  It seems to work a good percentage of the time, and can lead to some great fights sea, air & land.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 09:40:40 AM »
Hello Fugi,
i know whatcha feel...   but i think Flatiron is right. Leave the MA crap alone. I started to fly a 262 after an especially gangy day, then i was called a picktard, a coward runner etc, my eastern blood was too hot to eat the crap so im muted again  :banana:    im sure you dont wanna be...  meet me in the midwar or the DA and lets fight!  :salute
AoM
City of ice

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:14 AM »
To the peanut gallery...

Other than avoiding this how would you fight it?
Herd cats into lean and mean groups that'll opportunistically fill the void opposing these hordes..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »
Ya  who knows, but thats what the TEMPEST is for. 
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
HT hates teh hordes!! :furious

I was thinking the same.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »
Do you believe that this is the best way to get the 2 weekers signed up and and to keep those subscribers long term?
hate to be the one to point it out but...seems to be working...no 2 weekers want to fly around an arena getting owned all the time by all you uber sticks in 1v1s...only to be call noobs for taking a ho shot...and you have been here long enough to know that happens more than people are willing to admit to.

I started out in this game when learning tactics and maneuvers was important.
soooo...those tactics and maneuvers are only good in even fights?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
Is this base #209 from last night??

Sure looks like it.

They never took the base.

Cv attacks AND Noes provide the best fights in the game imo.

Up to quick low fights, die, up to quick low fights, die. (its a game)

I'd rather do that all day long than have to climb to ridiculous alts to be on an even keel with guys that run away when they see you have equal alt.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »
Hello Fugitive,

You asked a good question...How do you fight this?  Well the honest answer on the initial attack is you can't with any hope of real success.  I usually concede the field they are NOE attacking and set up Pig scout flights along lines of approach to the next most likely targets.  It seems to work a good percentage of the time, and can lead to some great fights sea, air & land.

Way
Well-stated, and you actually voice a well-reasoned use for having large squads! That being said, without having an organized group acting in unison, whords like that nearly always get what they want. One guy in a Tempy or 262 upping at a nearby base....base prolly gone by the time you get there. Any more I log in, normally see 3 areas where 80% of the players are (one whord from each country merrily running over over-matched defenders), try to find an area of relatively evenly matched sides where that stuff ISN'T going on...fly there....half the time dar-bar poofs before I arrive. IMO, that is why Blue ought have small maps....175 guys are a poor fit for a map with 400 sectors. Small maps, whordes such as Fugitive shows can't help but run into the whordes from the opposing sides.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Hello Fugitive,

Way

Maybe it's time to become a pig  :aok

Herd cats into lean and mean groups that'll opportunistically fill the void opposing these hordes..

That sounds like you want me to join the pigs too!

hate to be the one to point it out but...seems to be working...no 2 weekers want to fly around an arena getting owned all the time by all you uber sticks in 1v1s...only to be call noobs for taking a ho shot...and you have been here long enough to know that happens more than people are willing to admit to.

soooo...those tactics and maneuvers are only good in even fights?

I don't know, when I was a 2 weeker 10 years ago I didn't land many kills either, but I'm still here.

Name one maneuver that might work as 10 guys are on you?

Is this base #209 from last night??

Sure looks like it.

They never took the base.

Cv attacks AND Noes provide the best fights in the game imo.

Up to quick low fights, die, up to quick low fights, die. (its a game)

I'd rather do that all day long than have to climb to ridiculous alts to be on an even keel with guys that run away when they see you have equal alt.

No, this was the second one I defended at and in both cases they took the base in 5 minutes. Like I said, they are very good at it.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »
im online now killing the horde where you be?
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
im online now killing the horde where you be?

Going out to shovel the frickin snow again !!! :furious