Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 25858 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
Well sir your title ensured the 4k view count.....and have you ever flown ina "horde" the new guys aren't being shot all to pieces /mostly/ by the old hats so they can have a good time while generally doing next to nothing productive, but feel they are now a part of the game. while it was most likely a mission that started the horde into the base it may have just been a constant draw of guys going there, now keep in mind there may have been an equal fight but it seems if the older guys come in and get killed enough they move on and now you have little to no opposition and now an unfair advantage which in my book is just fine. you pop in to see a "horde in progress" oh woeest me...... what ever will i do Ill go to the BBs and complain. better yet. STOP....THINK....and make a plan.

One day I jumped into a situation such as this 3 fields with no limitations against 1 Bish base, bish were getting pummeled but were holding barely, keep in mind this was also during the 65ft dar settings which IIRC you liked easy to vector to targets with little to no effort...correct me if I'm wrong though. What do I do you might ask??????? well for the next roughly 4 hours I ran NOE through mountains and hit ord at all 3 fields it was 2 small and one med Field. was spotted on dar 3 or 4 times and shot down by folks just waiting for something like this. what happend? after all that work we held the Field bad guys got tired and as we gained #s we pushed and took the field, it wasn't a miracle it just takes a bit of effort. now if those few guys hadn't been holdin the field wouldn't have meant much but they did their job and did what I needed to do. So if a 21 year old kid such as myself can see it what are you missing sir?
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
Well sir your title ensured the 4k view count.....and have you ever flown ina "horde" the new guys aren't being shot all to pieces /mostly/ by the old hats so they can have a good time while generally doing next to nothing productive, but feel they are now a part of the game. while it was most likely a mission that started the horde into the base it may have just been a constant draw of guys going there, now keep in mind there may have been an equal fight but it seems if the older guys come in and get killed enough they move on and now you have little to no opposition and now an unfair advantage which in my book is just fine. you pop in to see a "horde in progress" oh woeest me...... what ever will i do Ill go to the BBs and complain. better yet. STOP....THINK....and make a plan.

Ok let's agree to end up in a con, set up a cage and set you up with 20 equally weighed persons and boxing gloves as armament. Let's see what kind of a plan you're willing to think up lol  :aok

I'm 100% sure your single and only plan will be to call for Mom to let you out of there and refuse to play. And I'm sure there will be no shortage of guys joining the 20 group either.

If you were exceptionally fast and nimble you might be able to take potshots and escape for a while before someone inevitably grabbed you, took you on the ground and 10 pairs of feet would stomp you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:55:54 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Well, your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. I do find it interesting that if I'm the only guy that seems to have a problem with this issue that a thread started less than 4 days ago can have almost 4000 views. Looks like a number of people are interested in this.

To answer your question, I was serious when I asked my question, "Is this the way the game is going to be played?". I didn't think HiTech would answer publicly, but one he did I refined my questions a bit more, "But i'm serious, Is this what you and Pyro thought you where building towards?

I find your OP equivalent to the classic question "When did you stop beating your wife".

HiTech

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
well Rip sounds like you'd just drive past and look the other way. which sounds pretty sad so IMO. I'm gunna tell you what though you come easing by ina car see that happening

1. phone the cops but seeing as your in this type of area that may be a bit so you pull a Rip and you drive home....OR
2. make the block....quickly or throw it in reverse
3. bring your car in at an angle so that you can fire but quickly use your car to disengage if needed.
4. little known fact bullets whizzing by you makes you think about being somewhere else. worst case you cant drive them off but you've bought the "stompee" some time.

But oh you'd be sittin at home waiting to watch it on the news wouldn't you......my bad.
"No odds too great"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
well Rip sounds like you'd just drive past and look the other way. which sounds pretty sad so IMO. I'm gunna tell you what though you come easing by ina car see that happening

1. phone the cops but seeing as your in this type of area that may be a bit so you pull a Rip and you drive home....OR
2. make the block....quickly or throw it in reverse
3. bring your car in at an angle so that you can fire but quickly use your car to disengage if needed.
4. little known fact bullets whizzing by you makes you think about being somewhere else. worst case you cant drive them off but you've bought the "stompee" some time.

But oh you'd be sittin at home waiting to watch it on the news wouldn't you......my bad.

If I knew that intervention would not be able to prevent what's happening and only end up me getting dead too, yeah I would surely not raise a finger (the cop analogy is stupid since you can't call cops on a horde on MA).

Most times I'm attacking the horde anyway but doing so and knowing it'll not stop the mass it feels like an exercise in futility. A bit like this thread.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:00:22 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »
well Rip I like how your plans get more inventive...Id tell ya what would happen with no way out and not being a big guy myself Id in someone dear to me's words tote an a%^whooping but ya know what sometimes that's what happens, and go next time I'm not goin to let Rip make some hocus pocus BS about comparing a guy being stopmed to death and a game where and any time you and click. QUIT

so what next old lady being robbed, find a hundred dollar bill.? or ya got something else you looked up on Google as a mediocre comparison?

Vudu15
"No odds too great"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2011, 05:03:58 PM »
I find your OP equivalent to the classic question "When did you stop beating your wife".

HiTech

Even so I'm glad to see you're following the thread. Even if nothing's gonna change the ability for feedback is important.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
(the cop analogy is stupid since you can't call cops on a horde on MA).

feels like an exercise in futility. A bit like this thread.

well knuckle head no one gets stomped to death on AH so why come up with this ludicrous analage

your right it is that's what I was tryin to tell Fugi but its like he has short term memory loss next day he wakes up and goes EGAD! A horde is a foot, to the BBs.
"No odds too great"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »
well Rip I like how your plans get more inventive...Id tell ya what would happen with no way out and not being a big guy myself Id in someone dear to me's words tote an a%^whooping but ya know what sometimes that's what happens, and go next time I'm not goin to let Rip make some hocus pocus BS about comparing a guy being stopmed to death and a game where and any time you and click. QUIT

so what next old lady being robbed, find a hundred dollar bill.? or ya got something else you looked up on Google as a mediocre comparison?

Vudu15

It's really not my problem if you fail to understand analogies and the group dynamics that affect both the actions of the group and the effect it has on the groups 'victims' in the game. If your gameplay goal is to set up such unfair terms of battle that the other party has basically two options: either die or quit, who are you doing a service for again?

What if the other party quits, you end up hordeing empty fields fighting A.I.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »
your still here arent you?
"No odds too great"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
well knuckle head no one gets stomped to death on AH so why come up with this ludicrous analage

your right it is that's what I was tryin to tell Fugi but its like he has short term memory loss next day he wakes up and goes EGAD! A horde is a foot, to the BBs.

Well knuckle head leaving your opposition no fighting chance and telling him to quit is the gameplay equivalent of stomping someone to death. It's painfully clear that you are not capable to even grasp the issue we're discussing.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »

HiTech

:rofl     :rofl    :rofl     :rofl     :rofl 

Asking permission to use that for sig material  :aok

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
"When did you stop beating your wife".

HiTech
I'm currently seeking help for that. Grizz and I are hashing out our issues now. Will keep all posted as therapy sessions come to a close.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »
I believe that if attrition would come to play it would give immediate incentive for side balancing.

There is a large group of players who refuse to fly anything but the best available models. Currently they can continue to do so despite numbers being 40:15 for example. Perhaps ENY will disable 5% of top planes but nothing that would really affect anything. No matter how many steamrolls, lawndart, rinse repeat there's always a fresh supply of planes as long as country numbers are not stupendously unbalanced.

If the loss of planes in a horde would very quickly punish the group by boosting up ENY seriously on the _said field_ for example, those people would either switch side to the side that has abundance of resources but lack of players or move to adjacent fields that still have resources and balance the horde out since they'd be either targeting a new place or at least forced to travel a bit longer to the target.

IMO it would be an interesting experiment to see how that works out but of course Hitechs main concern is how to keep the majority happy and thus gain as much subscriptions as possible.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »

HiTech

I'm sorry if it seems like I stepped over some kind of line here.

At first it seemed you were building the "premier flight combat game on the internet". Later you looked to be adding "Combat Tour" which feature a more structure war with earned rewards and advancement. Now it seems you have turned more toward other MMO games like WoW and CoD where score is the highlight of the game, where "combat" seems to take a backseat.

Now, there is nothing wrong with this, and I was only asking is this the direction the game is going. Nothing more, nothing less. With that information I can decide what I will do next, what skills I may want to work on, or whether I even want to continue or not. All things change.