Author Topic: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE  (Read 19761 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
real gamers dont complain.

A lot of us don't consider ourselves "gamers" and would consider that particular term to be an insult.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 04:47:52 PM »
Yeah man I saw it, I'm just getting a bit tired of people hating on us.  So we play our way ya'll play yours.  Dunno why so many people spend so much time caring how another squad on an enemy country operates.

either way  :salute right back at ya.  I look forward to being shot down by you soon!  :airplane:

See there, Ten? That's your problem. You look forward to getting shot down. You need to work on this or you'll never get better  :neener:

Psst.. They think we primarily vulch. this goes back to that stupid vulch fest thread. we do that to keep you guys from stopping us from taking your base. so please dont hate on us if we are winning and kicking your arses. real gamers dont complain.

I don't vulch anyway, I don't like to risk the ack. I'm on 'em as soon as they leave the runway though  :t  Taking off from a capped base is the same thing as flying underneath 10 guys as slow as possible, you're just asking to have it handed to you.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
See there, Ten? That's your problem. You look forward to getting shot down. You need to work on this or you'll never get better  :neener:

I don't vulch anyway, I don't like to risk the ack. I'm on 'em as soon as they leave the runway though  :t  Taking off from a capped base is the same thing as flying underneath 10 guys as slow as possible, you're just asking to have it handed to you.

i know you dont, wait are you nucks or colt? ehh im confused as hell. anyways the point is. they hate people who win the game, and since we are pushing to win the war, they hate on us for it. just play the game people, forget about whos trying to win the war or whos taking bases. its just a game in the end. all your perfect pixels will be right back to normal in like 20 minutes anyways.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
they hate people who win the game

No, actually laughing at people who play a combat simulator but take all possible steps to avoid combat in the process of taking a base.... unless you consider bombing all the bangers and gunning down auto-ack and town buildings "combat".......

I get it... your objective is to take the base, not to furball......just don't expect everyone to respect people who take all possible measures to prevent a fight from happening.  :aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
No, actually laughing at people who play a combat simulator but take all possible steps to avoid combat in the process of taking a base.... unless you consider bombing all the bangers and gunning down auto-ack and town buildings "combat".......

I get it... your objective is to take the base, not to furball......just don't expect everyone to respect people who take all possible measures to prevent a fight from happening.  :aok

i said this in that vulch fest thread. why should i let you come up and try and stop us from taking the objective. its not that were avoiding fights, its just we are trying to take the base with the least amount of trouble to us. we dont need to waste our time dealing with uppers.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
i said this in that vulch fest thread. why should i let you come up and try and stop us from taking the objective. its not that were avoiding fights, its just we are trying to take the base with the least amount of trouble to us. we dont need to waste our time dealing with uppers.

Well, for one you won't find me "trying to come up and stop you," I won't be upping. If I'm in the right place at the right time I'll be up from another field and coming in at alt when you get to the target field, and be above you, in a Tempest. I'll take a few scalps, and you guys can have the base, I don't care.

And YES, you are "avoiding the fight" when you drop all the hangers with the express purpose of keeping anyone from upping to stop you. That is the very definition of avoiding the fight!

ps... shooting down autoack and town buildings does not qualify as "fighting."
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 05:45:41 PM »
Yeah man I saw it, I'm just getting a bit tired of people hating on us.  So we play our way ya'll play yours.  Dunno why so many people spend so much time caring how another squad on an enemy country operates.

either way  :salute right back at ya.  I look forward to being shot down by you soon!  :airplane:

I don't think people specifically hate you, they just make fun of you a lot.
Let me explain why that is. Typically in a 1 v 1 you guys are very easy to kill (no offence), therefore you always fly with your whole squad. Technically there is nothing wrong with that, you do what you need to survive. But people that fly alone and are good at it have full right to make fun of your guys.
I don't know if you were online the other day or not, but your squad organized a mission to take one of our bases. You had a CV right next to it. You took off in jugs from a distant base, came in with altitude and took down all hangars on that base, then started to work on the town. Our fighters (that were coming from other bases) delayed your base capture and the FH poped. After realizing that you guys just gave up and left, your CV went down shortly as there was absolutely no one defending it.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »

Which is why you get laughed at.

Dont get me wrong. Most are understanding that you need the dynamics of basetaking in order to have a fun game. Unfortunatley, basetaking IS NOT the game. Niether is furballing. A well balanced mixture of the few is all you need to become addicted to this game.
If it pizzes you off and greifs you..then why partake in the same sort of action? Sure its fun to win, but you cant win all the time and some have a real tough time with it.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »
Everyone have always something that others do, that upset them in some way. Thats true in rl as is in online, just deal with it like everyone else, writing about it in the forums and complaining :cry  about it dont really make any diference  :ahand

MAUSIL

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
Hehe gotta take the good with the bad.  They probably say the same for me when I zoom in my jet and start picking them after they have irritated me enough in my K$ hehehe.

Yes Grizz we do dislike it when you show up in a 262 but we understand that if the game were easy, it wouldn't be any fun.  That's why nobody has made an MMORP game of paper rock scissors or coin toss.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
That's why nobody has made an MMORP game of paper rock scissors or coin toss.
HTC Subscription canceled.  I have a new objective in life! :rock
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »
My first squad was The Screaming Devils a long time ago. It was back when Tralfz and few other guys were in the squad. I started as a Bish and flew alongside Dallas and the lads and had a good time working with them. They were the first people who invited me to work with them and I really enjoy that whole flying with a regular group thing. They also exclusively flew the Dora back then, and that was my favourite ride at the time.

After a while, I found myself more interested in the actual furballing and dogfighting side of things rather than base-taking, so when a group of fellow Aussies who flew Rooks and did this to me:  :ahand invited me to join them, I did.

We all play AH the same way... It's all about the fight for us.

The reason why you V guys get stick from people is that there fundamentally two different types of people who play this game.

1- People who love WWII aircraft and love AH for its attempts to create an honest recreation of the aircraft we like. These people tend to enjoy flying these aircraft and that means pushing their limits against other aircraft. Basically, the 'furballers'.

2. The 'war winners'. These are the guys who enjoy the 'war' aspect of the game. It seems that some guys enjoy the challenge of taking a base and others just like to win. Either way, it's a completely different way to play. There's nothing wrong with either style but the two styles do clash.

The reason why the clashes take place is that base-taking can sometimes be a nuisance for the furballers.

For a furballer, there's nothing worse than a great fight being stopped by a small bunch of guys who take a base and ruin the fun for others.

The other night a CV was brought through a huge furball which tanked it for both sides because the puffy ack was taking out everything (including friendlies (which was pretty funny actually)).

So, people get upset because something they were enjoying has been taken from them.

BUT that's not to say that furballing is more important or anything. It's just that there are two distinct types of fun to be had in the game and they don't always sit well with each other.

I know that having a bunch of friendlies who aren't interested in taking a base when you're on a roll can be frustrating too.

When your squad is known to embody one particular style of game play you're going to have to expect to cop flak from the people who own the toes you're standing on.

I have nothing but respect for Dallas and I left his squad on the best terms, so I won't speak ill of his squad on a wholesale basis.

The only thing I don't like about the Devils Brigade is that there are a few guys in the squad who flat-out refuse to fight. This annoys me regardless of the squad because when I get the chance to play the numbers of players are low... so every fight has to count if you're to have a good night. When I get people who turn tail at the first sign of trouble rather than fight and learn from mistakes, I get annoyed. There was a time when I would have mouthed off about it on 200 and gotten back up about about it but I bring a different attitude to AH these days.

I try not to mouth off about anything (I'm not perfect, I did call someone a w@nker on 200 the other day  :lol ) (However, I let it go and don't hold a grudge, so it wasn't all bad) ... I'm here to have fun of an evening... If I wanted stress I'd go back to work and get paid to be stressed. Why do it for free?

If there's only one thing to take from this post, I hope that it is my last statement. I think that the whole AH 'community' would benefit from adopting a similar attitude.

Come here to have fun... Accept that sometimes things won't go your way... but recognise that others are here to have fun too.

Be considerate and be cool... 200 is full of people who just need to shut up, chill out and let things go.  

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
200 is full of people who just need to shut up, chill out and let things go.  

[/quote]
 :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:    :cheers:
MAUSIL

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »
200 is full of people who just need to shut up, chill out and let things go.  

:old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:    :cheers:

200 is full of people I've no interest in talking to. I tried giving it a chance once but I couldn't read important country and squad comms before the gibberish pushed it out of the buffer. I'd get attacked as soon as I ever typed anything on there anyway, there ain't enough good to take with all the bad on that channel.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
Well, for one you won't find me "trying to come up and stop you," I won't be upping. If I'm in the right place at the right time I'll be up from another field and coming in at alt when you get to the target field, and be above you, in a Tempest. I'll take a few scalps, and you guys can have the base, I don't care.

And YES, you are "avoiding the fight" when you drop all the hangers with the express purpose of keeping anyone from upping to stop you. That is the very definition of avoiding the fight!

ps... shooting down autoack and town buildings does not qualify as "fighting."

were not trying to fight. dwe are trying to take the base. me personaly i can care less about having a fight. when the goal is taking the base, then you focus on the base. we dont have to fight you. so we dont unless its neccesary.