Author Topic: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE  (Read 18518 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 10:58:13 AM »
Well, for one you won't find me "trying to come up and stop you," I won't be upping. If I'm in the right place at the right time I'll be up from another field and coming in at alt when you get to the target field, and be above you, in a Tempest. I'll take a few scalps, and you guys can have the base, I don't care.

And YES, you are "avoiding the fight" when you drop all the hangers with the express purpose of keeping anyone from upping to stop you. That is the very definition of avoiding the fight!

ps... shooting down autoack and town buildings does not qualify as "fighting."
This statement makes me giggle.  After the last time I ran into you.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
This statement makes me giggle.  After the last time I ran into you.

Yawn. Like I told you then, I was at 100% fuel ( I had released my drop tanks just seconds before) and didn't intend to continue turnfight your B-pony in a heavy Tempest after a co-alt merge. It was apparent to me after several turns that the Pony driver I was tangling with was no slouch, so when it became obvious that I was losing the advantage I disengaged. Had I been in a different aircraft or different state I'd be more than happy to TnB with you anytime. You should take plenty of solace in having HOed me and got my radiator just a few minutes later when I attempted to clear you off a PW'd squaddy. I got her home and landed safely, though  :neener:

If you think I'm "scared" to fight you, send me a .pm anytime you see my name on the roster. I don't care if you're a turd or a uber-stick, I've never been afraid to fight anyone, anytime, just tell me a grid square and an altitude. I don't expect to win them all, and would be stupid to think I would. But "I ain't no chickenshat scared to fight, either."  :aok  :salute
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:20:13 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 11:09:45 AM »
As long as base capture is the only option for those that favor strategic objective style play over dogfighting for the sake of dogfighting, this argument will never end.

While the latter can occur within the context of the former, the reverse is not so.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 11:31:39 AM »
Yawn. Like I told you then, I was at 100% fuel ( I had released my drop tanks just seconds before) and didn't intend to continue turnfight your B-pony in a heavy Tempest after a co-alt merge. It was apparent to me after several turns that the Pony driver I was tangling with was no slouch, so when it became obvious that I was losing the advantage I disengaged. Had I been in a different aircraft or different state I'd be more than happy to TnB with you anytime. You should take plenty of solace in having HOed me and got my radiator just a few minutes later when I attempted to clear you off a PW'd squaddy. I got her home and landed safely, though  :neener:

If you think I'm "scared" to fight you, send me a .pm anytime you see my name on the roster. I don't care if you're a turd or a uber-stick, I've never been afraid to fight anyone, anytime, just tell me a grid square and an altitude. I don't expect to win them all, and would be stupid to think I would. But "I ain't no chickenshat scared to fight, either."  :aok  :salute
Oh Sweetheart, I was just picking on you.  Don't take it personal, if I thought you were a tool, I'd just called you one.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »
You know, I may not agree with this squads tactics or another squads tactic, but why bash a entire squad?  Seriously its a game, if they enjoy working as a team and rolling bases big deal.  IMO its a fad that comes and goes.  I've seen the BoPs do it, the LCA, the Claim Jumpers, ect ect. I think some of you may need to worry a little more about yourselves and just have fun with the game.

I think  it's because we all look the same.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone pays attention to us.  I take it as a compliment.  I also find it hilarious that a few people consider divebombing to be the same as avoiding a fight.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Thats why I'm in a squad of clowns, people expect us to do odd things from time to time.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »
Oh Sweetheart, I was just picking on you.  Don't take it personal, if I thought you were a tool, I'd just called you one.

:lol
Floyd

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:35 PM »
LMAO...by far one of my favorite movies.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »
what is this.. "i am not afraid to fight anyone" chest thumping ..
in a cartoon game? and you call yourself adults? by golly have you had offspring yet?
quick, get to the vet and get neutered.

:rofl

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »
The only issue I have with the V guys is that they changed sides ... A lot of my time is taken up by base defense...when they were Knit (I think) I would always have a busy time..sure I had some issues with some of the ways they fought...but then when a base is close to being taken most of the red guys do the same thing...but these guys actually did take it on board and to their detriment in some cases. ..then I get on one day and they are here on my side :(...my base defending days slowed down but didn't stop...and you know what??   every other group of guys trying to take a base do the same thing.....many other squads actually just hang about, just off the fringe of the base and wait for uppers to pounce on and gan.... I mean use wingmen tactics on...but have no intention of taking the base ...At least the V guys are intent on taking the base...so gloves off...

And as for the ..They don't want to fight bollocks....there is always one or two (not always the same either) helping at a capped and over run field....they are sometimes the only ones who will up to give a hand..

In my mind all squads are the same...when they have an agenda they do what is necessary...just like any gang...get a couple of them aside and they are good guys...put them back into the group and they are just another boofhead gangbanger..and all the I don't likes or do's fly out the window...but that's the art of combat bigger and more guns on the day wins..

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »
what is this.. "i am not afraid to fight anyone" chest thumping ..
in a cartoon game? and you call yourself adults? by golly have you had offspring yet?
quick, get to the vet and get neutered.

:rofl

back under the bridge, troll
Floyd

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2011, 01:10:04 PM »
As long as base capture is the only option for those that favor strategic objective style play over dogfighting for the sake of dogfighting, this argument will never end.

While the latter can occur within the context of the former, the reverse is not so.
That's pretty much the thing. Combined with the rather long learning curve, it will always be as such
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
We changed to Bishops because they are the country that seemed to work best as a group.  I still feel this is true.

You may see us change countries on very rare occasions but we always get homesick after about 45 minutes.  And we really only do that when eny is above 30 or after the rooks and knights sign one of their armistices.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
or after the rooks and knights sign one of their armistices.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  isn't this a nightly occurrence??
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
Who's the Devils =v= Brigade?
 :salute
 :cheers:

AH Supporter Since Tour 35