Author Topic: Titanic Tuesday  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Titanic Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 03:40:14 AM »
I would like to see TS, TM, TW, Tth, TF, and TSat added    TY

JUGgler

+1.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 05:37:36 AM »
once it hits the 64 bird in the air limit... i get annoyed because i cant see all my enemies and allies in my field of view... only time im bugged by TT...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 07:13:52 AM »
Titanic teusday sucks, every fight is horde v horde.

Horde vs Horde is fun as all get out. It's Horde vs 2 that's no fun. But then that may depend on the individual. Some enjoy the odds. One of the best sorties I ever flew was in an f6 vs. about 6 or more bish. I couldn't believe I lasted so long. Finally the clipped an elevator and I crashed while doing a yo yo.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »
Horde vs Horde is fun as all get out....<snip>

Uhmm, they call those FURBALLS, atleast they did, back in the day, when we only had 1 MA, NOW THOSE, WERE FUN!  :rock

Ofcourse most of teh "kiddies" wouldn't know that, so they call em HORDES! :headscratch:
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 11:43:04 AM »
Ofcourse most of teh "kiddies" wouldn't know that, so they call em HORDES! :headscratch:

they want a 1 vs. 1 in a MMORPG game.  :rofl
not to mention i got picked by one of these horde whiners in this thread while in a 1 vs. 1 myself.

the irony is mind blowing.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »
I just logged on and found one... not real hard.

(Image removed from quote.)

I just noticed the base and relative time that you posted it.

We were at the same base at the same time  :rofl

Undefended?  Hardly.

I had logged in maybe 12 minutes prior to you taking that SS.  I asked my squaddie the status of 77 and he said that "they have been furballing there for an hour".  He also said that the town had hardly been touched.  The vh had just popped so I upped an wirbel and headed to town.  I had almost got there when a set of B-26's suicide egged town and I got 2 proxies.  FastTone, VW, and two others (who's ID I don't remember) were dukeing it out low on the deck with overwhelming numbers..there were at least two friendlies that had come in from the spawn but was taking a long time as they had other NME gv's coming in as well.  At that point I get bombed at the town.  We were still red flagged at that point.

I went out for a smoke and came back and got into the last field gun still available (not still up, just available).  The cons were too far out so I swing around and notice an M4 1.5 from the field.  I open up and get maybe 4 sprites and then *poof* screen pops me to a base in the rear and it shows up that 77 was taken by the knights.  My best guess is that SS was was taken seconds before that happened.

You picked one heck of a "not real hard" example SS there Del.   :rofl

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:11:41 PM by ROX »

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »
my opinion on hords.  Leave the maps  to peak and off hours, or no titanic tueaday, or titanic everyday like JUGgler says. a hord will form, ALWAYS.
If the hord is left to hord for enough time, it will become dull to even the horders and they will want to change things up a bit. Also if you don't like the hords, why are you in them? if your not then you don't know they're there. a hord is not going to win the war. and you can't attack or defend were the hords are. best bet strategically is to bring the fight to the oppising hord side by attacking and capturing there in-active bases. this will make the thought process of the horders to begin to shift to the defencive. 

:angel:       
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »
they want a 1 vs. 1 in a MMORPG game.  :rofl
not to mention i got picked by one of these horde whiners in this thread while in a 1 vs. 1 myself.

the irony is mind blowing.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What does someone wishing to have 1v1 fight have to do with AH being a MMOG?  Just because a game is massively multiplayer doesn't mean one has to fight massive amounts of people, it's just a description of the kind of game it is.  Your argument is just as silly as those certain groups that play MMO's that whine about solo players.

Oh...and just to clear things up.  Aces High is a MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Game) and not a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) as there is no character creation, development, persistent world, etc., that you see in MMORPGs like WoW.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Just because a game is massively multiplayer doesn't mean one has to fight massive amounts of people, it's just a description of the kind of game it is.

i dunno, something's just not right for people to expect not to be picked or ganged when they KNOWINGLY fly into a horde.
its like getting into a train at rush hour and expecting to have the whole seat all to yourself.
sure you can have your one on one in this, but fly on the side of the map where the horde is not rolling bases.
dont expect them to change either, that is how they enjoy their game and you cant do squat about that,
much less coming to the BBS and post endless threads here about the "horde."

i just got in here because i find it HYPOCRITICAL some people whine about picks/hordes;
when i see those very same people in-game engage in same behavior.  :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
i just got in here because i find it HYPOCRITICAL some people whine about picks/hordes;
when i see those very same people in-game engage in same behavior.  :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh :uhoh
[/quote]

lol right? this means, if you are IN the horde, then you are a PART of the horde!    don't join a hockey team if you hate hockey or much less contact sports   :old:
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 01:16:33 AM »

I just noticed the base and relative time that you posted it.

We were at the same base at the same time  :rofl

Undefended?  Hardly.

I had logged in maybe 12 minutes prior to you taking that SS.  I asked my squaddie the status of 77 and he said that "they have been furballing there for an hour".  He also said that the town had hardly been touched.  The vh had just popped so I upped an wirbel and headed to town.  I had almost got there when a set of B-26's suicide egged town and I got 2 proxies.  FastTone, VW, and two others (who's ID I don't remember) were dukeing it out low on the deck with overwhelming numbers..there were at least two friendlies that had come in from the spawn but was taking a long time as they had other NME gv's coming in as well.  At that point I get bombed at the town.  We were still red flagged at that point.

I went out for a smoke and came back and got into the last field gun still available (not still up, just available).  The cons were too far out so I swing around and notice an M4 1.5 from the field.  I open up and get maybe 4 sprites and then *poof* screen pops me to a base in the rear and it shows up that 77 was taken by the knights.  My best guess is that SS was was taken seconds before that happened.

You picked one heck of a "not real hard" example SS there Del.   :rofl

Gimme a break. More times then not, by a wide margin. the bases the hordes attack are either nearly undefended or completely undefended. I know, I used to try to defend against em. But like someone else said. Horde vs 2 becomes old very quickly.
Yea you will come across some with all GVs up defending and thus a lack of dar. or some stuck flying so low that they leave no dar signature. But those are by far  more the exception rather then the norm.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
Gimme a break. More times then not, by a wide margin. the bases the hordes attack are either nearly undefended or completely undefended. I know, I used to try to defend against em. But like someone else said. Horde vs 2 becomes old very quickly.
Yea you will come across some with all GVs up defending and thus a lack of dar. or some stuck flying so low that they leave no dar signature. But those are by far  more the exception rather then the norm.

Please provide proof.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 12:50:19 PM »
1/7=14%

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »
I wish every day was Titanic Tuesday. Leave it alone!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »
I wish every day was Titanic Tuesday. Leave it alone!
:rolleyes:  yup sure is nice to see almost nothing but spixteens and temps with the occasional 262 buzzing through the romper room horde for an entire day...exactly like furball lake in the da...lots of fun for someone...  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett