Author Topic: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating  (Read 4150 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2011, 08:11:58 PM »
doing it live would require knowing where and how the films are cached while the game is running...sharing the folder across the network and directing the film viewer to open the active file while it is still in the proces of being created...don't think it's possible, but hey there are some people who will go to extraordinary lengths to game the game.

i doubt it's possible as well. I think it's more paranoia.

lyric, as far as GV's go, you realize one guy with 1 pc can up in a vh, run film. save film. tower out. exit game, look at the film. log back in, and have the same information, right? might take one minute.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
i doubt it's possible as well. I think it's more paranoia.

lyric, as far as GV's go, you realize one guy with 1 pc can up in a vh, run film. save film. tower out. exit game, look at the film. log back in, and have the same information, right? might take one minute.

Yes I have done that my self looking for ditched aircraft in flashing radar rings. That is not what I am talking about though. The goon got the capture after I deacked & I could see on my clipboard where it was parked prior to his arrival.

Paranoia is all these people in this thread thinking that every one has a second account or a squaddie that flipped sides to relay info. If some one could tell me any other method of how all the info was passed on to me from a C-47 sitting 8k away I would like to know how?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
Yes I have done that my self looking for ditched aircraft in flashing radar rings. That is not what I am talking about though. The goon got the capture after I deacked & I could see on my clipboard where it was parked prior to his arrival.

Paranoia is all these people in this thread thinking that every one has a second account or a squaddie that flipped sides to relay info. If some one could tell me any other method of how all the info was passed on to me from a C-47 sitting 8k away I would like to know how?

f5 + f8, and shift-f4 do wonders in a parked c47.  not to 8k, as far as I can tell, but I can spot stuff from f5+f8+shift f4 from at least 3.5k+ from a parked goon or a field gun..

you have film of the guy 8k away from the tanks spotting for you? somehow i doubt it since range vox is only 6k no?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:40:51 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

f5 + f8, and shift-f4 do wonders in a parked c47.  not to 8k, as far as I can tell, but I can spot stuff from f5+f8+shift f4 from at least 3.5k+ from a parked goon or a field gun..

you have film of the guy 8k away from the tanks spotting for you? somehow i doubt it since range vox is only 6k no?

Done that as well with parked goons. Yes your right about Vox to the best of my Knowledge. No I don't have film as I rarely ever film & was not on range.  Personally it is an issue I don't care about this happened many months ago. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of players that only have a narrow view of how things can be exploited.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2011, 05:01:29 AM »
Since it was the will of the original programmer that this specific objective be defeated through programming a "single instance" of AH I consider this to be... shall we say?... an extremely gray area bordering blackness. Im not sure how Hitech feels about it but I dont think further description would be a very good idea.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2011, 07:30:14 AM »
Lyric
 2nd account in the tower of the vbase F5, F8 and I can tell you who ups what and where they are going..... not rocket science here folks.
See Rule #4

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2011, 07:31:28 AM »
I'm not saying I know how to do it exactly, but surely the great minds here @ HTC could figure out a solution, which wouldn't be unnecessarily punitive to the innocent, but still control the behavior. That way, the behavior is stopped & not the play. Anyway, my intent was well meant and a poor aim at being helpful, but we all try to make the game better for us and our buds. :salute
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:34:58 AM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »
Lyric
 2nd account in the tower of the vbase F5, F8 and I can tell you who ups what and where they are going..... not rocket science here folks.
Understood from that perspective. How ever we are talking about checking the roster of all possible players while this is going on & that just was not possible at that moment from the side I was on & the country I was attacking as there was not enough on that country's side to even make your scenario possible.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »
I really don't think it happens that often, and HTC does not allow an IP address to have two counts (as far as I know).
I'm not a big fan of this idea because people will be mistaking friendlies for enemies, just like in the FSO. Now if the FSO this is generally not a problem because everyone always coordinates their tactics like in reality, in the MA most people don't do that. Don't get me wrong it's a good idea, I personally just don't really like it.

Just for the record, IFF existed during WWII.

I have two accounts.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2011, 11:31:26 PM »
 :noid
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2011, 06:37:20 AM »
spy! !!!!  :D

Nah, just a tard      :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
  Ive always thought the nastiest thing people with 2 or more accounts coulds do, is form a squad, and with all but one of their accounts, go on the enemy side and spawn a 262 at a rear base and let it sit there, cranking up the enemy eny.

~AoM~

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
 Ive always thought the nastiest thing people with 2 or more accounts coulds do, is form a squad, and with all but one of their accounts, go on the enemy side and spawn a 262 at a rear base and let it sit there, cranking up the enemy eny.

spawning a 262 would do nothing to eny.  eny is only based on #'s of people on each country.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2011, 09:02:02 AM »
I think more shameful conduct would be to use one account to take off and autoclimb a box of bombers while you use the other to come shoot it down unopposed. If you rinsed and repeated enough, you could be one serious scoretard. In fact, you could probably win the Tour this way. Hmmm... I wonder if HTC would step in if somebody did such a thing?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.