Author Topic: How's this for appreciation?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: How's this for appreciation?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 07:04:49 AM »
Your 6 is your responsibility. You check your own 6. If you die from a con that you didnt see. Well, your SA sucks.  :aok

Spoken like a true bait caster.

Well I ain't biting.  :lol  :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
fyi: Azrael = biggamer
Yes the current Azrael is Biggamer. Few years back Hoss>Trip15>Guns06 was also Azreal. Think I missed a few name changes  :eek:

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 09:13:43 AM »
;)   :aok   As if that wasn't enough "justice" for me....   I just checked and the La7 driver was a member of the much maligned "vGUYS".  

Mausil.... not sure if you caught my "good job on the F6F...  La7" in game...  but thanks for making my night.  :cheers:

:salute  Nish

no Iam afraid I missed it, but I remember the hate pm from the F6F pilot lol
MAUSIL

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
I like those people... I follow them around giving them check 6s up until someone gets behind them.  :devil

:rofl    You're a naughty little devil Del. 
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
Last night I see a "fellow" nameless Knight already engaged in a tussle with 1 and another bogey inbound on him lookin for an easy pick.  I give the obligatory "check six" and get to the fight as soon as my lil zero can get me there.....  I take care of the "interrupter" in very short order and low and behold, what do I hear squeak across VOX....  "it's about TIME!"   Briefly confounded by my "teammate's" gratitude or lack thereof (he was still alive and kicking vs his original bogey) I responded "Excuse me?" to which he responded repeating what I had just uttered albeit in a squeaky/feminine manner....  After a few carefully chosen words I proceeded to let the BnZ'n La7 do his thing on the "friendly" F6F and much to my delight one of the last things I saw as I looked over my shoulder headed away from the fight....  was the "friendly" F6F explode into the prettiest fireball.

In the words of Bill O'Reilly "Where am I going wrong on this?"

~S~  Nishi    now flying as Nishizwa in game   

There's about half a dozen guys whom I know and like.  The rest are something else.  And, unfortunately, I can/do join the ranks of the "something else" crowd too frequently.  But am working on that.  Need to have a self-squelch option. 

Varying motives, maturity, and physical/mental conditions make AH quite the personality furball.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »
Your 6 is your responsibility. You check your own 6. If you die from a con that you didnt see. Well, your SA sucks.  :aok

this
-AoM-

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
I've been in situations before watching a con creep up my 6 with several friendlies behind, thinking to myself, "I wonder if any of those guys are gonna send a check six?"

When they don't, they were using me as bait and thus are dweebs.
See Rule #4

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
 On a flight I began to give out 6 calls repeatedly to a certain (will remain nameless) player who made little effort to avoid the con. He got his arse flamed then began yelling at me because I didn't give him a 6 call. I stated that I clearly called it out several times to which he stated, you idiot, you should have used the check 6 button because I couldn't understand you. He of course had no problem understanding me just seconds later as we politely discussed the matter. I understand and incidentally have reprogrammed my stick to do just that although the instances of errant checks with multiple players in view has increased which is probably worse.
 You know I apologize if you didn't hear my 6 call the effort was there. And those choice words, well they were very nice of ya  :noid 

Incidently he immediately changed countries he was sooooo mad   :lol
Yea, simply because I can

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
Incidently he immediately changed countries he was sooooo mad   :lol
:rofl... :rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
I've been in situations before watching a con creep up my 6 with several friendlies behind, thinking to myself, "I wonder if any of those guys are gonna send a check six?"

Don't expect anyone to watch out solely for your best interests. I probably only spend 30% of the time looking forward, 10% out my 3 or 9, and 50% to my high/low six.  I get blamed a lot for not checking someone else's six.

Guy screamed at me the other day on range, about not giving him a check six.  He got bounced about 2.5K away from me (I think).  He cursed me up one side and down the other asking why I didn't "check six". 

I replied, "The red P51 that was 1000 off my 730 diving from 12K was my only concern".

He didn't reply back.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
I try to be nice and check6 others but I don't expect any in return as others have already stated my 6 is my responsibility.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 04:38:05 PM »
Few years back Hoss>Trip15>Guns06 was also Azreal. Think I missed a few name changes  :eek:

You 100% sure HOSS used to be Guns06?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 06:30:43 PM »

I like throwing out a "Hey anyone see if my 6 is clear ? " during situations like that, most of the time answers are apologetic but some of them have been "creative".  I've even been told, "Sorry Zoney but my check 6 button wouldn't work".

It's all good.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2011, 07:49:59 PM »
Yes the current Azrael is Biggamer. Few years back Hoss>Trip15>Guns06 was also Azreal. Think I missed a few name changes  :eek:

Guns06 was not Biggamer.  Previously to being "Biggamer", his name was "Bigamer" and he changed it to "Biggamer" because we all made fun of him one day and hurt his feelings.  He then switched his recently to "Azreal" to hide from the bad reputation he garnered from his time as "Bigamer" and "Biggamer".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 05:23:27 AM »
Spoken like a true bait caster.

Well I ain't biting.  :lol  :aok
Ummm, that wasnt a troll bud. Thats the truth. Like it or not. :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14