Author Topic: Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Orange Solid Locked Out at 100/100
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:44 AM »
It's not that it isn't fun, it's that I can't even play. The blue arena is stale and I spent my time helping orange arena to take bases, I don't just want to leave all that progress behind. Arena caps and multiple arenas in general completely contradict the persistent world selling point.

They advertise the game as massive and persistent. Implementing things that contradict their advertisement is a little silly.

Hmmm, we had some pretty good fights in Blue not too long after your whine on 200 about the cap.

I'm half convinced you are a shade now hoff, as you've grumbled about all kinds of things since you started the game 2 weeks ago.  No one that new can spend that much time being miserable in a cartoon airplane game.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 12:49:07 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 12:54:12 AM »
Hmmm, we had some pretty good fights in Blue not too long after your whine on 200 about the cap.

I'm half convinced you are a shade now hoff, as you've grumbled about all kinds of things since you started the game 2 weeks ago.  No one that new can spend that much time being miserable in a cartoon airplane game.

I don't get it.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 12:55:00 AM »

Don't think it's a fight he's looking for Guppy.  He wants to get into the arena he's been trying to landgrab.
Evidently the bases in Blue are completely different  :lol
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 12:57:33 AM »

Why's that?
I don't know, but players made it clear by not subscribing as much before the caps, once the arenas were past a certain population threshold.. And subscribing more after caps were added.  IE subscription growth with caps, stagnation without.

Shade means a dupe account.  He's saying you're an old player resubscribed under new name.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 01:00:15 AM »
I don't know, but players made it clear by not subscribing as much before the caps, once the arenas were past a certain population threshold.. And subscribing more after caps were added.  IE subscription growth with caps, stagnation without.

Shade means a dupe account.  He's saying you're an old player resubscribed under new name.

Odd, I figured this game's best quality was the fact that you're fighting a war and it's persistent and that you can fight in giant battles of 100v100 or more. It has the duel arena for smaller furballs.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 01:04:30 AM »
100 v 100 is what you find in scenarios.. Not so much in arenas, except on Tuesdays where the LW arena is uncapped.  Even then, I'm pretty sure you rarely/ever have 100v100 within icon or even dot range.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hoff

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 01:06:55 AM »
100 v 100 is what you find in scenarios.. Not so much in arenas, except on Tuesdays.  Even then, I'm pretty sure you rarely/ever have 100v100 within icon or even dot range.

Right, I was just talking about 100 players on a team vs. 100 other players, I could have worded it better. It makes the fights bigger and lets more things happen at the same time. More bomber raids with air cover, more furballs in general, more ground battles, more cv battles. With 30 players per team there really isn't much you can do. You can do some stuff with your squad (provided you can all get in the same arena) but the bigger raids wouldn't work. You'll either have everyone on your team at one base or you'll be thinned out across the map.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 01:08:43 AM »

Dan, I wondered about that...  Wasn't gonna say anything though.  The terminology was the give away.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 01:15:42 AM »
Don't orange and blue both have the same map?
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 01:18:07 AM »
Don't orange and blue both have the same map?

As of 18 minutes ago they did.  Let's see what happens tomorrow.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 01:38:47 AM »

I don't get it.

As a new player way back when in Airwarrior, I was still amazed at what the game was allowing me to do at two weeks.  I certainly hadn't reached a point where I was already going to tell the maker of that game that he had it all wrong.  We paid a lot more then 15 bucks a month for our flying  time then too :)

Maybe just flying for a bit and enjoying what the game has to offer might be the way to go.  See if an FSO squad has an opening on Fridays.  Sign up for the next scenario.  Fly a Snapshot.  You'll get more of that 'war' you seem to be looking for.

Anytime I've seen you in the arena you seem to expect this, that or the other thing, and nothing works the way you want it to.  Tonight was no different with the CAP whine.  As I said, we had some really decent fights going on.  It doesn't take 300 people to make that happen.   To me that whine sounds like an old timer who has played too much and is looking for a way to grumble thinking it's the game and not himself that's the problem.  Most of us have been there at one time or another, but not at two weeks of playing a new game.  That's what makes me sometimes think you are a shade trying to get a rise out of folks.  If the game is that miserable for you, I'd suggest finding another. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 02:45:59 AM »
Silly me.

Went to Blue shortly after I posted on the first page. 114/120. Played about ten minutes, lost UDP (new router  :( ) and lo and behold, Orange was 94/100.

So, the arena that was full had maybe ten more players in it on the same map. There were no better fights there either.

:cry ??

:neener:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »

Odd, I figured this game's best quality was the fact that you're fighting a war and it's persistent and that you can fight in giant battles of 100v100 or more. It has the duel arena for smaller furballs.

Odd indeed.  I thought this game's best quality was that you have unlimited combat sorties (and never die) in the coolest military hardware ever devised. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 08:57:46 AM »
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail