Author Topic: Internet issues  (Read 315 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Internet issues
« on: May 12, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »
I have a strange issue with my connection, and was hoping someone might know more about what may be causing it.  At times it's fine, but randomly for the past few days it'll get really laggy and slow for a while.  The Pingplot isn't promising:

This was after it stopped being laggy and started acting normal, but the Packet loss in a few hops confuses me, it showed that on any Website I Pinged, but not the AH Servers:

Tonight I tried again since it's been laggy all day:

So I tried the Websites again and sure enough the Packet Loss is shown, and lots of lag:

The internet Speeds are showing the correct Speeds when tested (close enough anyways):

It's 3Mb DSL from HTCnet and this only just started happening a few days ago.  Maybe I missed some big Internet event or the storms in the south effected it?  Since it starts after it leaves my Modem/HTCnet I'm ruling out my computer, but that's all the farther my knowledge goes. :)

Thanks for any help.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Internet issues
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 09:06:04 AM »
The 100% packet loss is bogus.  Usually means the router is not honoring the ICMP ECHO packet.

It seems no matter where you go, you are being routed through Atlanta, GA which is going to be a mess to get through with all the severe weather issues the tornados and flooding by the Mississippi, is causing.

Hard to say, right now, as the telecomms in the lower half of the U.S. are in disarray right now.  Not sure how long it will be before it gets stable again.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:16:56 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: Internet issues
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy, guess I'll just wait and see how it plays out then. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"