Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 42913 times)

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
Alright, first I will verify that Joachim won by my forfeiting. Having said that, who the hell made up the rules/guidelines for this thing? Last dueling bracket I did was when Exile made them, and they were much better. The fights took place wherever the two players wanted to fight (which most of the time was 23/24). It was deck merges, and there wasn't all this "Show up by X time, or you forfeit" crap. If someone couldn't show up, it was no big deal and it was just re-scheduled.

These canyon fights and 10k merges really ruin the point of dueling IMO. If you insist on keeping the 10k merges, (lame IMO as everyone just dives down before the merge to get speed anyway), why not use the 10k bases? That would save having to spend half the flight time to the other base climbing.

I have to agree...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »
please start another thread if anyone has something to discuss or debate or give an opinion on regarding BaldEagl's dueling tournament

This is the 7th running of this event, the rules have hardly changed since the 1st Dueling Tournament

who enters/signs up for a tournament and participates without reading the rules & procedures before hand???

this thread is only for posting results of matches and posting of the next bracket round after the previous round has been completed, it is not for clogging up with replys other than Results & New Bracket Round Charts

I am positive that BaldEagl would greatly appreciate this, so he does not have to wade through all the posts & replies that have nothing to do with the Thread Topic

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »
Alright, first I will verify that Joachim won by my forfeiting. Having said that, who the hell made up the rules/guidelines for this thing? Last dueling bracket I did was when Exile made them, and they were much better. The fights took place wherever the two players wanted to fight (which most of the time was 23/24). It was deck merges, and there wasn't all this "Show up by X time, or you forfeit" crap. If someone couldn't show up, it was no big deal and it was just re-scheduled.

These canyon fights and 10k merges really ruin the point of dueling IMO. If you insist on keeping the 10k merges, (lame IMO as everyone just dives down before the merge to get speed anyway), why not use the 10k bases? That would save having to spend half the flight time to the other base climbing.
:salute I agree with most
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »
Spit 16-Haxxor
C.202-Haxxor

Damn best fights that I have had in a long time!  The Spit 16 round was awesome, but the C.202 was epic!!!  Well flown Sir.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
Twizzty- Spit I
Twizzty- Ki-84  :bhead

:salute Fun fights afterwards too and nice to meet you.

And we both disliked the canyons for what it's worth.

Very fun fights Slash, the last few were especially good. I still think the greatest part of these tournaments are the people you get to meet, <S> Slash sir I really enjoyed it.

Stay safe out there!  :cheers:

Great afterfights also Ink, you really throw that KI-84 around like a pro! <S>

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »
Pursuant to this

- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.  In the case of neither player posting, no player will be allowed to advance more than one round via forfeit.

I have not heard from Amaazee since May 31st.  I offered a couple of possible days and times and he has never responded.  Twice I have told him that I wouldn't be able to schedule it on the weekend, no response.  His one and only communication with me was:

I haven't flown in a bit, but I can do it whenever. It is summer so I can be on whenever...

I'm glad that he can do it "whenever", but I don't have a "whenever" on my clock or calendar.  So, he really needs to answer his damn PMs and work with me to set a date and time.  Tomorrow during the day is my last available time, and since I am not an out of school kid, I need a little warning to set aside a block of time when I won't be disturbed.

So, this is me posting more then 48 hours prior to the deadline that I have been attempting to schedule this thing, and in my opinion Amaazee has not made even the slightest effort.

[/rant]

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:53:52 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
Spit 16-Haxxor
C.202-Haxxor

Damn best fights that I have had in a long time!  The Spit 16 round was awesome, but the C.202 was epic!!!  Well flown Sir.

Way

Hard fought wins on both fights waystin. They were simply the most challenging fights I have had in quite a while. Any time you want to go to DA you let me know. Nothing short of a class act.

Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »
Pursuant to this

I have not heard from Amaazee since May 31st.  I offered a couple of possible days and times and he has never responded.  Twice I have told him that I wouldn't be able to schedule it on the weekend, no response.  His one and only communication with me was:

I'm glad that he can do it "whenever", but I don't have a "whenever" on my clock or calendar.  So, he really needs to answer his damn PMs and work with me to set a date and time.  Tomorrow during the day is my last available time, and since I am not an out of school kid, I need a little warning to set aside a block of time when I won't be disturbed.

So, this is me posting more then 48 hours prior to the deadline that I have been attempting to schedule this thing, and in my opinion Amaazee has not made even the slightest effort.

[/rant]

you should send your PMs to the review committee and BE
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »
Pfactor I'll send him a notice on Facebook...if it comes to it I'll text him
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
you should send your PMs to the review committee and BE

I will if I have to.  I'm still hoping Amaazee will PM me back tonight that he can meet up tomorrow at 2pm CST.  I was only following the rules by posting in here.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
Pfactor I'll send him a notice on Facebook...if it comes to it I'll text him

Tell him to hurry.  I have to do the duel tomorrow late morning or early afternoon.  I will be working out of town Saturday.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011, 10:36:19 PM »
Tell him to hurry.  I have to do the duel tomorrow late morning or early afternoon.  I will be working out of town Saturday.
Ok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
Ok, he is on vacation...no Internet so... I don't know wha to say :bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »
Very fun fights Slash, the last few were especially good. I still think the greatest part of these tournaments are the people you get to meet, <S> Slash sir I really enjoyed it.

Stay safe out there!  :cheers:

Great afterfights also Ink, you really throw that KI-84 around like a pro! <S>

absolutely, great fights  :salute

and you aint too damn shabby yourself, some very good flying :joystick:

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
Ok, he is on vacation...no Internet so... I don't know wha to say :bolt:

Thanks for letting me know Joach1m.  I guess I won't worry about it then.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder