Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 41924 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #870 on: June 27, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »
many of you have no idea what dedalos has done for BE and this tourny in the past.
just sayin

No doubt.  It still comes down to us letting BE get the last word in this thread however :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #871 on: June 27, 2011, 02:14:48 PM »
You're absolutely right, far as I was concerned BE made a ruling on the krup film situation about a week ago and since then I've ignored everything else.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #872 on: June 27, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
No doubt.  It still comes down to us letting BE get the last word in this thread however :)

Agreed, I was just catching up on the thread and figured he could use a supporting post.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #873 on: June 27, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »
Wow, I picked a bad time to get banned from the bbs. What did I miss?  :rofl

Looks like I missed out on a tough bracket this time around anyway.
See Rule #4

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #875 on: June 28, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?s19z9jqyqi665dd  Rd 1      Fry

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbayqqz95429be1  Rd 2    Fry

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ns9n05k5aux3h0  Rd 3    TC

http://www.mediafire.com/?qzc4zwgfy3mcb5e  Rd 4    TC

http://www.mediafire.com/?ifwrafellmxvz74  Rd 5        Fry

Awesome fun tonight ACE !!!

FryrTuck vs. TC
Rd 1 - FryrTuck  Typhoon
Rd 2 - FryrTuck  P40E
Rd 3 - TC          F6F-5
Rd 4 - TC          F4U-1
Rd 5 - FryrTuck  Spitfire XVI

truely enjoyed these fights, was a nail biter in the 3rd Round where I lost 1/2 my right wing in the F6f  and also in the 4th Rd when you got hits on me you took off some parts , smoked my engine /gun and Pilot Wounded me all at same time...... I was almost faded to blackout whole when I got you...... In the Spit16 round while coming around for our 3rd reversal/nose to nose merge, I was late getting around and got shots off but missed your back section/tail feathers, and I knew with 100% certianty that you was going to be pulling that trigger coming around for the 4th N to N merge......

Awesome Job ..... well Played  <S>

TC

edit: and a Special Thanks to ACE/FryrTuck for going out of his way to work with me on my schedule, and staying up late........  :cheers:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 01:29:41 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #876 on: June 28, 2011, 01:15:13 AM »
Outstanding shots and flying all around.  Other than my last KOTH....... have I ever been so pumped full of adrenaline
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #877 on: June 28, 2011, 01:23:55 AM »
Get him during tea time Lepape!

Nice final 4.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #878 on: June 28, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »
wtg ACE and TC, I watched the fights in god mode, they were really good.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #879 on: June 28, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
UPDATE

Before I post the update a word of warning.  A bystander pointed out to me that Frytruck had a drop tank mounted in duel #5.  This forced me to review the films tonight in order to post this update, something I did not want to have to do.  It may have become an issue.  Mounting a drop tank could allow a player to run his opponent out of fuel even though he's fighting heavier.  In this case it became a non-issue when I heard both players state "tank away" on audio.

While it turned out both players violated the rules, I'm not going to press the issue and force a rematch although I do expect that drop tanks will not be allowed in the future.  Please pay attention to your load-outs when configuring your aircraft for your duels.

Here's the final match for the finals.  Considering your history I expect you both to be on your best behavior and I expect complete compliance with the rules.

Good luck.

Krupnski
A6M3
Fryrtuck
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #880 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
Heya BaldEagl,

my bad, I guess....... I told FryrTuck it was his choice to pick the plane for round 5, and he typed out 25% and the swiffer/sweeper??? tank......... I asked him why and asked if the Spit16 was really that low on fuel when selecting 25% and the fuel burn is set to 2.0....... FryrTuck said yes/typed yes the Spit16 was really pushing it at taking off with 25% only........... I did not bother to launch and check it myself to see what 25% gives ya

so he said we drop the DT as soon as we se each others Icon......... sorry, I did not know we was breaking a rule ( when I should have known.... you think I orta know these rules after being on the committee every time for all 7 tournys )

edit: brain fart just hit me: first, I am not accusing or saying Ace/FryrTuck did anything wrong and I have not watched any films of our dueling rounds...

but follow me here, if both players take off with a DT under the assumption that they drop it at ICON range, does not mean that either player has to be using that fuel in the DT instead of the internal fuel tank......... so if one player is burning up his fuel from the get go from his main tank and just lugging the extra weight until; icon range while the opposite player is burning fuel from his DT and then dropping at icon with still 25% fuel load ...... this could make for off balanced duel setting due to weight differences more so than just "unloading some ammo rounds"......

Best of Luck to the Final Four <S>

TC
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:53:02 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #881 on: June 29, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »
TC, I got paired up in the I-16 in one opening duel.  It has the lightest fuel load in the game and I actually considered asking to up the fuel load to 50% but didn't as it would have been against the rules.  As it was the fight didn't last long enough to use all the fuel in even that plane.

BTW you're right about not having to use the drop tank but Frytruck was on external until he dropped it so no harm no foul.  I just want to make sure others don't follow suit in the future.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #882 on: June 29, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »
Your Fuel regs do not state the carrying of a Drop Tank to be illegal, you pretty much left a loophole that can be exploited.

- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.

Whereas it should be clear for example;

- For all duels, fuel load will be set to 25% Internal. The use of External Fuel Pods / Drop Tanks is strictly prohibited.

:)
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #883 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:59 AM »
Your Fuel regs do not state the carrying of a Drop Tank to be illegal, you pretty much left a loophole that can be exploited.

- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.

Whereas it should be clear for example;

- For all duels, fuel load will be set to 25% Internal. The use of External Fuel Pods / Drop Tanks is strictly prohibited.

:)

was pointed out and if i remember the PM right BE is going to mod it in.  :aok always loop holes to fix darn it lol

i think the way BE was thinking is, if a drop tank is added then it wouldnt be 25% fuel in theory. i think thats what he thought of the rule. but i agree it should prolly be stated in the rules for future matches.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #884 on: June 29, 2011, 02:03:05 AM »

Before a certain style of player started joining the bracket, loopholes were not searched for or exploited.

I geuss we can't stop certain style of player signing up though. So just more work for BE making more and more rules.

edit: I'm not calling either Ace or TC dishonourable.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:08:46 AM by mechanic »