Author Topic: I want to apologize.  (Read 4785 times)

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
Re: I want to apologize.
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 01:36:09 PM »
That takes guts, I should know, I'm Bud Anderson.  :)
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
It doesn't really matter to me if he apologizes or not, in the end, the only person anyone can really lie to in Aces High is themselves.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »
It doesn't really matter to me if he apologizes or not, in the end, the only person anyone can really lie to in Aces High is themselves.

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »
I think it took guts to face the truth....no matter the reason.
he messed up, and knows it. and now is trying to make emends, I applaud those willing to forgive.

he obviously enjoys the AH community, and the friendships that comes with it, and doesn't want to ruin it anymore then he has.

it is human to err, it is divine to forgive.

:salute Butcher....I hope you and every one else can put this behind.

Paul

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
well i've only known him as Butcher sense ive seen him ingame seems like a real good guy to me, didnt know his past and really no need to know it now.  :salute
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 02:38:39 PM »
He owned up to it, regrets his foolish and disrespectful lies, and asked for forgiveness.  WTF else do you want from him?  If you want to be bitter and not forgive and forget, at least don't trample on his thread where he gave his humble apologies.

So it's ok for everyone to come in here and pat him on the back and make him feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but not tell him what a retard he is for doing it?

Considering someone else pointed out that he is still pulling the same BS by claiming to be new to the game when he came back as Butcher I dont think he deserves a pat on the back at all. He apologized for the 3 year old lie, not the 3 month old lie.

He's the guy who challenges people to duels and says he's only played for a month. Why? What do you get out of that?

Just out of curiosity, didnt you fly with WOT? Did they know your little secret?
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
I for one was devastated to learn of this treachery! That was sarcasm by the way.  Who really cares if he lied about being an F-18 pilot?  Does it hurt that much?  I don't think it matters he apologized or not, it's not that big a deal.  I think the trolls around here cause more problems then that!
71 Squadron RAF

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »
Do people really believe 1/2 of what they hear on this game? UNTIL the meet that player in person?????

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »
Lesson learned hopefully.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
Just out of curiosity, didnt you fly with WOT? Did they know your little secret?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »
So it's ok for everyone to come in here and pat him on the back and make him feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but not tell him what a retard he is for doing it?

He already knows what folks think of him. He even stated it himself. There's no faulting you for missing that though.

I don't think he was looking for pats on the back. I think he was wanting to clear his own conscience.

Any "pats on the back" here are for what he is doing now.... not what he did in the past.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 03:37:02 PM »
Say what you will but all anyone can do is apologize butcher is a great guy to talk to and fly with we in 367th glad to call him a friend. Everyone makes mistakes How you own up to it defines you.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
didnt know his past and really no need to know it now.  :salute
Pretty much. Seems like a ploy for attention given the need to set up a background story for "Butcher". You can can get away with a lot here by just changing your name and moving on from it.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
You can remove the hat of a liar, but the mark will always remain. While I give him  :aok for coming clean, it is a very small step in being trusted. From here out, let him prove his actions. The fact he lied up until this little post counts for alot more than the initial lie because it's like this: Are you sorry for your actions, or sorry because you were caught? It's hard to believe the former because the action seems, by your own admission, to fall more in line with the latter.

Time tells all.

Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey