Author Topic: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 04:38:31 AM »
Why would the m18 be perked tho?  :headscratch: I dont know much about the tank, but from what people have said, it could be nocked out by a simple strafing run since it has an open turret.

and doesnt the m18 only have a 75mm? Perking it for its speed and firepower is like saying the m3 TD should be perked, or the wirble. Least from wht ive seen people saying around here.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 07:07:15 AM »
Why would the m18 be perked tho?  :headscratch: I dont know much about the tank, but from what people have said, it could be nocked out by a simple strafing run since it has an open turret.

and doesnt the m18 only have a 75mm? Perking it for its speed and firepower is like saying the m3 TD should be perked, or the wirble. Least from wht ive seen people saying around here.
its gun wasnt the 75mm. it was a long barrel 76mm gun like the one found on the M476(W)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 09:14:12 AM »
its gun wasnt the 75mm. it was a long barrel 76mm gun like the one found on the M476(W)

Not that it is a big deal, but it was the ammo was the same, not the cannons.  The M18 has a different 76mm cannon.  Think of it as firing as the difference between firing a .30-06 out of a Remington rifle vs a Winchster rifle.

I'm not sure which cannon had a faster reload rate, I dont have any info on the that.  ANyone?
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
Nope, M18 or m10

Butcher,

Your response doesn't make sense.  He is saying the M8 will be a great M18 hunter and will rack up the perk points on it.  He is probably right.

So what is the ENY and perk value then?
JG 52

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »
If it's the M18 I'll give her a go!  Love them new toys HTC! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »
Its "punch" will be the same as the M4/76mm (same exact ammo) and its speed will be just a wee bit more than the M3, however the armor will be hardly different than the M8.  I bet it wont have much of a perk cost assigned, it is too fragile and speed it really all it can rely on.  Once it stops it is as good as dead if another tank gets a round off on it.

EDIT: Just an FYI: the M18 has 13mm of armor all the way around the hull (front, sides, top, rear), and the turret has 25mm all the way around with another 19mm up front on the mantlet.  The M8 has 19mm/16mm on the front hull, and 9mm all the way around the rest of the vehicle. So it isnt going to be difficult to knock this thing out with accurate MG fire from above.  Oh, and did I mention the open turret?  Same fixed 5X main gun sight as the M4/76mm.  Anyone know what the turret traverse rate was?
you guys are saying this like i dont know. but im sorry to say but that punch does not involve the 76mm M1A1 cannon alone but the 60mph top speed also. usually a heavy tank can turn to kill an M4/76mm fast before it hits the flank. The M-18 is fast enough to get to that position so the M1A1 will be much more lethal bud. Punch does not involve cannon alone but the overall effectiveness to deal the most damage <S>

Also smokin, you GV alot? because ive been in MANY GV fights that have no aircraft at all in sight

Not that it is a big deal, but it was the ammo was the same, not the cannons.  The M18 has a different 76mm cannon.  Think of it as firing as the difference between firing a .30-06 out of a Remington rifle vs a Winchster rifle.

I'm not sure which cannon had a faster reload rate, I dont have any info on the that.  ANyone?
youre incorrect on the cannon difference. both are the 76.2mm M1A1 cannon. Neither the M-18 nor the M4/76mm use the older M-10's M7 3" (76.2mm) cannon. (these are the only two 76mm cannons used by the US in WWII). The only difference between the M7 and M1A1 is that the M1A1 was lighter. All its actions and ammunition are equivalent in firepower and accuracy <S>

Reload rate was based on space to move fast and the crew itself. seeing as how we do not model tank crews' veterancy in AH i have a feeling the open turret will allow a faster paced reload but that is speculation.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
So what is the ENY and perk value then?
most likely 1 perk to 5 perks. im leaning towards 1 though like the T34/85
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011, 10:23:36 AM »
Meh.  It doesn't have wings, ya can't fly it, pffffffft.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »
Now there will be a practical use for those dinky little bombs on the A6M2.   :devil
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
Now there will be a practical use for those dinky little bombs on the A6M2.   :devil

I wondered what those were for....  Always called them "futility ordnance". :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
Come screaming down from directly above the target and open up on the turret. Turret crew members will be dead in short order.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2011, 10:56:45 AM »
most likely 1 perk to 5 perks. im leaning towards 1 though like the T34/85

if its that cheap it will certainly be a perk farmer, I was guessing around 10 perks due to the speed.
JG 52

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
Reload rate was based on space to move fast and the crew itself. seeing as how we do not model tank crews' veterancy in AH i have a feeling the open turret will allow a faster paced reload but that is speculation.

Actually, the rate of fire is a bit slower than the M-4. While the turret is open-topped, it is smaller. There is less space between the gun's breech and the rear of the turret.

RE: Perked.
I think it would be perked at least as much as an M-4 with the identical gun. Survivability will be based on maneuver more than armor thickness. It will not be a tank for camping as much as a tank for getting there fast.

Who in there right mind would spawn camp in an M-3 GMC now?  :devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2011, 12:25:23 PM »
Actually, the rate of fire is a bit slower than the M-4. While the turret is open-topped, it is smaller. There is less space between the gun's breech and the rear of the turret.

RE: Perked.
I think it would be perked at least as much as an M-4 with the identical gun. Survivability will be based on maneuver more than armor thickness. It will not be a tank for camping as much as a tank for getting there fast.

Who in there right mind would spawn camp in an M-3 GMC now?  :devil

wrongway

Thanks for the advice  :aok  I'll stop doing that and go back to the Sherman with the rockets for camping spawns.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »
Well I don't feel the need to over analyze this new cartoon tank. I would say maybe 1-3 perk like the m4.

BAR321,Don't shoot your eye kid. ;)
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins