Author Topic: World of Tanks Developers pissing me off  (Read 3627 times)

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
Re: World of Tanks Developers pissing me off
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how their matchmaker works.  I'm contently getting put into Tier 6-8 battles in a Leopard.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 07:49:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how their matchmaker works.  I'm contently getting put into Tier 6-8 battles in a Leopard.

They stick tier 1 and 2 tanks together, then you 'upgrade', and get thrown in with the
rest of the slaughterhouse from tier 3 on up.

At least, that's my understanding of their 'tarded system.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 09:30:02 PM »
So, then if one thinks about or puts an effort into coordinating with some air cover here in AH (and all the various options available to one twords doing that), does WoT offer anything substantial or even notable?

(hint:  stop being lazy or trying to be a one-man army in a massive-multiplayer game - come back to the best, support the best, and have some fun!)

I still play AH. Infact I managed to screw up in this past FSO frame  :D. IDK why, but Aces High just isn't doing it for me lately. I'm sure the M18 (or M10, or whatever the hell it is) will change that, but for now I'm just playing less games in general.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »
If you don't like it, stop playing and stop whining.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
not to mention my StPz-2 (tier3) is getting matched up with T-29's (tier 8)

that is bullcrap...

The folks that whine about the "matchmaking system" fail to realize a simple fact.    While your "Tier II Arty" is bought stock, when you add "Higher Tier components", that is the determining factor of higher tiered battles.    Furthermore, to be whining about being in "higher tier battles" should be encouraged, it will result in less time in your current tank.   Hit the highest tiered tank you can, as many times as you can.    Every hit translates to more XP and Creds, than killing the easier lower tiers.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
The folks that whine about the "matchmaking system" fail to realize a simple fact.    While your "Tier II Arty" is bought stock, when you add "Higher Tier components", that is the determining factor of higher tiered battles.    Furthermore, to be whining about being in "higher tier battles" should be encouraged, it will result in less time in your current tank.   Hit the highest tiered tank you can, as many times as you can.    Every hit translates to more XP and Creds, than killing the easier lower tiers.
there are no gun upgrades for the arty im in, i can hardly damage a KV let alone a PzIV. id rather play with tier 4-5 tanks instead of these tier 8 guys because unlike some people who feel the need to get to tier 10 immediately i like to use this arty alot.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »
there are no gun upgrades for the arty im in, i can hardly damage a KV let alone a PzIV. id rather play with tier 4-5 tanks instead of these tier 8 guys because unlike some people who feel the need to get to tier 10 immediately i like to use this arty alot.

Again "hardly damaging" a higher tier tank and registering the hit, will garner more XP than making quick work of the lower tiered ones.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:51 PM »
Again "hardly damaging" a higher tier tank and registering the hit, will garner more XP than making quick work of the lower tiered ones.   
as i said, im not in it for the XP or credits really...just trying to have fun with what i got.

Offline d0m1no

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:04 PM »

it's because it's an SPG, not a tank. Your tier 2 spg will be rated higher than a regular tier 2 tank because it can easily compete against the bigger tanks.
Dom1no
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 10:11:50 PM »
World of Tanks suck.
World of Planes will suck.

/thread.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »
as i said, im not in it for the XP or credits really...just trying to have fun with what i got.

Your quote and the previous post of which I quoted, are polar opposites.     If you aren't "in it for the XP or credits", then why worry about ANYTHING?    This makes absolutely no sense.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »
World of Tanks suck.

/thread.

Go find an iceberg.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

You still have to damage them if ya dont pierce their armor it's no good. I got in a battle tonight with a pz38 na. There was 1 tier 9 heavy, some heavies and TD tier VI to VIII(somthing like 8-12 of em) and some arty tier IV, V. I'm in a light tank tier IV. I know I got some higher tier equipement on it but I cannot even damage the bulk of the opponent with the 5cm. It's constantly like that. I dont mind dying in the game, but give me a fighting chance. The matchmaker IS, indeed, FUBAR. No question. It also seems to be worse in the prime time. early evening and morning it's much more fair. Or maybe it's based on how you do in your previous match. Give you a few battles in which you'll do good then dump you in the meat grinder. I dunno. Cannot figure it out for the life of me.
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »
World of Tanks suck.

/thread.
Cool story bro. Why even join the thread if all you're going to do is bash the games? We're sorry you suck at the game(s). Infact, if you suck at it, you need help as it is mindless.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Icebergs finds me.

But really, Until they fix the game breaking bugs and balance out the crap tanks (Hetzer, M3 Lee, Su76) and fix match making, this game will never be fun to grind. At last in other grindfest games you can actually do something, in WoT, you either die the moment you're spotted from laser artillery, have tanks sneak up to you 100M away, or take potshots that does 1% damage per hit, then you see the barrel slowly turning your way then poof.

It's world of tractors for 1/4 of the game, world of luck-in-match-making for 2/4, and then finally World of Tanks at the last 1/4 of the game.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp