Author Topic: HT.... Listen Please! Add New Country's to your game!  (Read 7166 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: HT.... Listen Please! Add New Country's to your game!
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »

I disagree ......... I think HT should add nations, vehicles, planes or vessels, that had a stake in the war that are not represented 1st before adding anymore trinkets from country's all ready in the game. Aus, Fra being two major nations and Rom, Poland etc... and make it easier, by way of web pages, for potential costumers to under stand how to work/play/strategy of/the game.

I whole heartedly agree.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
as English is clearly your second language, I've been wondering how accessible you found the documentation for AH when you began to play, and the ingame menus etc? Good or bad?

Do you agree with Megalodon that if it was easier for other non-English native speakers we could increase the player base?

Wow, the sarcasam is overwhelming. Anway, I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpfull, but I'm saying it might not be nessecary (games for other countrys should of course have thier own localization package, that goes without saying, so ingame menues are a moot point). I'm saying that for complex communication of personal oppinions, such as usually happens on CH 200 and Ch 2, it wouldn't be nessecary, though it would be usefull.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 03:22:37 AM »
Isn't the shame overwhelming? your English is worse than most foreigners who learned it as their second language. If you were my kid I'd probably have you put down.

Anyway I guess I understand that HTC and AH is a very different business model (and smaller team) to most other games and game companies, and so some taken-for-granted things like multiple language options are going to be hard for them to do, just the way it goes...

But I do think it'd get (or would have gotten) a lot more subscribers in the long run
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »
ugh double post spastic-ness...hit quote instead of edit  :banana:

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
Isn't the shame overwhelming? your English is worse than most foreigners who learned it as their second language. If you were my kid I'd probably have you put down.

Anyway I guess I understand that HTC and AH is a very different business model (and smaller team) to most other games and game companies, and so some taken-for-granted things like multiple language options are going to be hard for them to do, just the way it goes...

But I do think it'd get (or would have gotten) a lot more subscribers in the long run

Yes, because I clearly have more troubles with the English language than you  :rolleyes:. Of course you know what they say, "Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others without putting his thumb on the scales".

Perhaps Aces High would have had more subscribers by now, if HTC offered the game in multiple languages. Perhaps that's something they lack compared to a large business. But then again, HTC has never expressed a desire to be a large business.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
Did you ever have the desire to learn English better than foreign kids?  :lol Glad to see you're using the nice built in spellcheck now, if my posts have at least shamed you into that much, then the other members of this forum should thank me  :old:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:03:25 PM by coombz »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
If your posts contained even a grain of truth, then perhaps they should. But seeing as this is reality, they're probably more inclined to ignore you than praise you for inaction.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »
Punt
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Templar

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 07:09:11 PM »
WOW! I go on vacation for a year and you guys are at each others throats......ahhhh I missed this.....  :bhead  +1 for adding aircraft that are unique to new countries.  :salute
Muhahahahhaa

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »
3 Countries one stone

We need more representation and diversity
bring on these
1. The French <65 million people>
   A. MS-406
   B. D-520
   C. B-693

2. The Aussies <26 million people>
   A. CAC Boomerang
   B. DAP MK21 Beaufighter

3. The Romanians <15 million people>
   A. I.A.R. 80/81

4. The Polish <38 million people>
   A. PLZ.23 Karas
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »
3 Countries one stone

We need more representation and diversity
bring on these
1. The French <65 million people>
   A. MS-406
   B. D-520
   C. B-693

2. The Aussies <26 million people>
   A. CAC Boomerang
   B. DAP MK21 Beaufighter

3. The Romanians <15 million people>
   A. I.A.R. 80/81

4. The Polish <38 million people>
   A. PLZ.23 Karas

Lets add a couple more to the list

The Yugoslavian's (Bosnia, Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Slovenia, Serbia and Montenegro) <20 million people>
  A. Ikarus IK-3

The Bulgarians <8 million people>
Avia B-135

The Chinese <1.3 billion people>
Curtis Hawk 75a
P-43 Lancer
P-66 Vanguard

:aok
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:19:45 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:57 PM »
The Chinese flew a lot of I-16s as well, so they kinda have a plane in game now.

What about the idea of unicode support and having a General channel for English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian that, if it is possible, based on IP address tunes new players to the appropriate General channel?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
(...) and having a General channel for English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian that, if it is possible, based on IP address tunes new players to the appropriate General channel?

While I'm for different language sub forums, I'm personally not sure if this ^^ would be a good idea. Splitting in game communications and such...  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
What about the idea of unicode support and having a General channel for English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian that, if it is possible, based on IP address tunes new players to the appropriate General channel?

I think that's a great idea!

Aswell.. being able to tune to the specific languages with a dot command .. exmp  .tune German?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »
While I'm for different language sub forums, I'm personally not sure if this ^^ would be a good idea. Splitting in game communications and such...  :headscratch:
Not saying that would be their only channel.  They'd still be in country and all as well.  Just one of the four channels set to their language's General Channel.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-