Author Topic: R/C Enthusiasts  (Read 2192 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Re: R/C Enthusiasts
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
here here

Phase 3 Squall - Su47

Onboard video from the Squall using a GoPro Hero HD.

Current project are a Su47 bare airframe kit with custom electronics. RCLander engines and MPX servos and some other goodies. Also drawing CAD models of my own design based on depron sheets, much like RCPowers do if you've seen his kits but I'm using ducted fan engines.

:aok
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:27:23 AM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
I'm hvy in RC's . I have a group on Vimeo if you like to check it out . Most of mine are FPV video's . I fly using a camera with the Fat Shark goggles and the Dragon link system . . Link to my group on Vimeo .
http://vimeo.com/groups/flench

I'm also a Mod on the http://fpv-community.com/forum/   check it out . A lot of good info there .

I like this video I made that I have posted on Youtube .

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFlench?feature=mhee

This is what I am working on now .
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:22:33 AM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2011, 12:06:24 PM »
george that thing looks cool as heck :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2011, 01:48:13 PM »
Thank's Doug ! The motor's were crap with this set up . Working on installing the new motor's for it now .

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2011, 10:10:41 PM »
Haven't read the entire thread.

But here's my souped up Parkzone P47D with an Eflight Power 25 driving a Hobby Lobby 11" 4 blade scale prop and a 60 amp ESC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmQedaeeE1I

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2011, 04:05:25 AM »
Out of all the video's I have seen done this one has to be the best there is and I have seen 1000's .
http://vimeo.com/groups/flench/videos/4752279

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »
I got 3 planes, 1 heli and 7 cars. Scratch building and flying takes more skill sure. I have to travel a long distance to find somewhere to fly and its a real pita. My local rc track is high spec astroturf with tabletops steep banks and double jumps and is less than a mile away. Currently racing a Team Durango DEX410 with a Tekin rs pro esc and lrp x12 6.5T using orion carbon 90c lipo's. Anyone who knows cars will know that aint cheap and not anyone can win races at a high level. I aint the best driver by a long shot, but you cant beat cars for convenience. If i lived near a decent open space, sure I'd have my 1/13 spitfire and tiger moth out all the time.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »

Offline TheRhino

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2011, 04:53:08 AM »
I've only just started out on R/Cs, so I don't know a great deal about them... It's difficult getting used to the idea of third person flight when I'm used to being behind the stick  :aok
"May the Air Force be with you"

TheHawk, C.O. 457th 'Grey Nurse' SQN RAAF (Currently Inactive due to slow internet :( )

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2011, 05:50:39 AM »
Hey folks, RC, I love it! I started back in the early 80s... Futaba Orange Radios, K&B Engines, Sig Kadet! Good stuff.

I quit flying when my kids were born, years ago, now I see a chance to get back into as my son is getting old enough (pray coordinated enough) to fly the planes.  I have been looking at building another one, the 1/3 scale super cub by balsa usa looks pretty good.  Since I have been out of the hobby now for ten years or so, here are some observations:

1.  Nitro is freakin expensive, the engine must either be electric or gas (anyone want a low hour TT Pro .46?).
2.  2.4 ghz, pretty cool.
3.  The chinese have crushed the ARF market making it close to impossible to buy the vast number of kits that used to be out there...what the hell happened to Pica?  I built one of the 1/5 scale YMFs, phenomenal plane to fly, pretty easy to build, now I can't even find one on ebay....

Questions, dangit, I will start the Q&A Forum,

I have never gone through a kit cutter.  I do not have the time to cut out a kit from sheet stock.I like building the old round engine planes, however, the kits just are not out there.  The Monocoupes are near the top of my list, maybe Stinson or Howard as well.  Right now I feel locked into the super cub because of a lack of options in unassembled kits.... anyone have any good links to large scale kits, not just plans?

Ikon N'wst is gone, the dude in Seattle that used to make cool giant scale seaplanes is gone, it seems like all of the good smaller scale RC kit guys have faded...

Skorpion... you don't have to get into every thread.  Radioactive status will come, you just have to be patient.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum