Author Topic: De-acking hurts  (Read 1338 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
De-acking hurts
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
Be careful de-acking, as it is fraught with danger.  Even the very best don't always succeed:

This poor fellow got a 30mm slap in the face.

Don't let a little gun powder ruin your day.  C'mon and turn that frown upside down!  :) 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: De-acking hurts
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »
Too funny.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »
De-acking is an art form, i try to set my passes up for multiple guns on a single pass working the outer AAguns first and working my way in, i always have two or more guns lined up in my passes
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 11:32:33 PM »
Seeing a Spit deack is often like watching a snowball getting checked in the oven- it won't last long. Go have some tea mate and leave the grunt work to the American iron :D
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »
Seeing a Spit deack is often like watching a snowball getting checked in the oven- it won't last long. Go have some tea mate and leave the grunt work to the American iron :D

You just got to make fast passes and avoid straight lines, also minimize the time that your doing directly into the gun. American planes wont survive 30mm hits either.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
Be careful de-acking, as it is fraught with danger.  Even the very best don't always succeed:

(Image removed from quote.)

This poor fellow got a 30mm slap in the face.

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't let a little gun powder ruin your day.  C'mon and turn that frown upside down!  :) 

Did I miss something?
What's so special about Midway de-acking? We all do it, we all get shot, and we all don't survive 30mm hits. I understand you can make fun of someone for HOing in a Spit, but there is nothing special about de-acking.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:09:04 AM »
Did I miss something?
What's so special about Midway de-acking? We all do it, we all get shot, and we all don't survive 30mm hits. I understand you can make fun of someone for HOing in a Spit, but there is nothing special about de-acking.

It just one of those, "look at me!  Look at me!" post.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
Did I miss something?

But I often successfully deack an entire small or medium air field so when I fail they like to talk about it.  :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »
Sorry, but the lack of cannon make US aircraft, other than the P-38, not well suited to deacking.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 12:49:38 AM »
Sorry, but the lack of cannon make US aircraft, other than the P-38, not well suited to deacking.

One cannon round takes out a gun.   :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 12:50:47 AM »
couple P51's with rockets can kill up to 12 ack guns with the rockets depending on how good the pilot is with using rockets, P38 leaves to much of a profile for ack guns.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »
couple P51's with rockets can kill up to 12 ack guns with the rockets depending on how good the pilot is with using rockets, P38 leaves to much of a profile for ack guns.

One Spitfire will deack an entire base (small or medium) incl all auto and manned guns.   :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:47:22 AM by Midway »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 01:09:53 AM »
Ive had no problems deacking towns in p40s,p51s,p47s,or f6fs. Even the b25C with the nose guns can get the job done if you pilot her right.

But its ok, we understand the German/British planes need cannons to make up for their lack in "other" areas... :D

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 01:34:52 AM »
Ive had no problems deacking towns in p40s,p51s,p47s,or f6fs. Even the b25C with the nose guns can get the job done if you pilot her right.

But its ok, we understand the German/British planes need cannons to make up for their lack in "other" areas... :D

:huh  A town?   :lol  Eight guns.  :lol   :bhead  :lol  :rolleyes:

I challenge you to post a film decking a small airfield, all guns auto and manned, using a P anything or an F anything.  Or, if you thing you're up for it, deack a medium air field. :)

Want to see a film of a Spitfire deacking a medium air field? :aok  :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:56:36 AM by Midway »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 02:02:28 AM »
 :rofl Name badge was a very funny touch  :aok

Midway make a de-acking tutorial film please!
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234