Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 47379 times)

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »
FIGHTER ACE GAME DYNAMICS ---------

This game is no longer on but, the strategical design they had for maps was VERY impressive! Yes, the game was a bit arcadish but was still pretty realistic in flight models. you couldnt drive tanks, but that was ok. What u could do was ALOT more things to limit ur nmys capabilities to fight.

The maps were alot smaller, but that was because of the numbers, but they were plenty big enough.
The terrain changed within the map. in other words, in one area u would have deserts with pyramids..... In another there were active volcanos...
  In another u had rolling plains..... then u had mountains and such all split up but forming a very intersting map.
"RESOURCES" was basically the number 1 ( one ) target at all times as first step to limit defensive capabillities. every base had factories that supplied the airfields with 3 things, Metal, Ammo, and Fuel. If the Metal production factory at the industrial complex that supplies a field gets destroyed, then the airfields area that are damaged take longer to repair. This ALSO has an effect on the tanks that would roll for defense of fields and the aircraft rolling from that field. If an aircraft rolls from a field that has no metal, than 1 potential CGI run tank could not be built or roll for attack or defense of same said field the aircraft rolled from. This is of course AFTER the airfield uses its own stored supplies. The factories would have transport supply trains that would start at a factory, then follow a track system that would take it to other bases to resupply.
Metal production also had effects on ammo production.
If Ammo was destroyed at airfield, then ALL aircraft can roll but only with 25% of ammo loaded into their guns. Bombers would have some guns that had no ammo at all, while other guns would have 25% or at most 50% of rounds available.
Fuel targets would limit the amount of fuel for ANY aircraft to no less than 25%.
Any plane that rolled from a base would use ammo, fuel and metal that is stored at that base. if to many ppl roll at one time, then before u know it, there is not enough fuel or ammo to load ur plane.

So basically, Yes u could take and airfield, although just comming in and destroying the hangers will not stop aircraft from rolling. but in order to TAKE a field, u had to get the field to a certain point of damage percebtage before capturable. AN IMPORTANT !!!! thing was to disable production facilities and factories that supplied the airfield ur attacking IF there is an effort to defend. If no effort to defend then ofcourse u want a take with minimal combat readiness damage to the base (i.e. strategical strikes). BUT, in order to KEEP the base in combat effectiveness, u had to fly cargo in to resup. and/or attack and attempt to take the adjoining supply factory so that ur resources will be restored quicker and by trains as well.
Trains were targets that could be attacked too.

In AH, I have heard that there IS a system like this, well really, it must be REALLY be so hiden that our teams intelligence cannot seem to locate any information on delivery times and secret base production locations that it MUST not be an important thing to win this war........lol

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:06:38 AM by DrJackyI »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
FIGHTER ACE GAME DYNAMICS ---------

This game is no longer on but, the strategical design they had for maps was VERY impressive! Yes, the game was a bit arcadish but was still pretty realistic in flight models. you couldnt drive tanks, but that was ok. What u could do was ALOT more things to limit ur nmys capabilities to fight.

The maps were alot smaller, but that was because of the numbers, but they were plenty big enough.
The terrain changed within the map. in other words, in one area u would have deserts with pyramids..... In another there were active volcanos...
  In another u had rolling plains..... then u had mountains and such all split up but forming a very intersting map.
"RESOURCES" was basically the number 1 ( one ) target at all times as first step to limit defensive capabillities. every base had factories that supplied the airfields with 3 things, Metal, Ammo, and Fuel. If the Metal production factory at the industrial complex that supplies a field gets destroyed, then the airfields area that are damaged take longer to repair. This ALSO has an effect on the tanks that would roll for defense of fields and the aircraft rolling from that field. If an aircraft rolls from a field that has no metal, than 1 potential CGI run tank could not be built or roll for attack or defense of same said field the aircraft rolled from. This is of course AFTER the airfield uses its own stored supplies. The factories would have transport supply trains that would start at a factory, then follow a track system that would take it to other bases to resupply.
Metal production also had effects on ammo production.
If Ammo was destroyed at airfield, then ALL aircraft can roll but only with 25% of ammo loaded into their guns. Bombers would have some guns that had no ammo at all, while other guns would have 25% or at most 50% of rounds available.
Fuel targets would limit the amount of fuel for ANY aircraft to no less than 25%.
Any plane that rolled from a base would use ammo, fuel and metal that is stored at that base. if to many ppl roll at one time, then before u know it, there is not enough fuel or ammo to load ur plane.

So basically, Yes u could take and airfield, although just comming in and destroying the hangers will not stop aircraft from rolling. but in order to TAKE a field, u had to get the field to a certain point of damage percebtage before capturable. AN IMPORTANT !!!! thing was to disable production facilities and factories that supplied the airfield ur attacking IF there is an effort to defend. If no effort to defend then ofcourse u want a take with minimal combat readiness damage to the base (i.e. strategical strikes). BUT, in order to KEEP the base in combat effectiveness, u had to fly cargo in to resup. and/or attack and attempt to take the adjoining supply factory so that ur resources will be restored quicker and by trains as well.
Trains were targets that could be attacked too.

In AH, I have heard that there IS a system like this, well really, it must be REALLY be so hiden that our teams intelligence cannot seem to locate any information on delivery times and secret base production locations that it MUST not be an important thing to win this war........lol

You know, I understand why HTC doesn't limit things in the game, after all people PAY to play and if you take away their toys, they aren't going to pay.

On the other hand, maybe something like this WOULD help. The biggest problem I see is more people are interested in "taking" and NOT defending. Why? because there is some satisfaction for winning. If you gave people a reason to defend....like lose of fuel, ammo, planes, AND points/recognition for a successful defense, maybe we would see more fights.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »

You know, I understand why HTC doesn't limit things in the game, after all people PAY to play and if you take away their toys, they aren't going to pay.

On the other hand, maybe something like this WOULD help. The biggest problem I see is more people are interested in "taking" and NOT defending. Why? because there is some satisfaction for winning. If you gave people a reason to defend....like lose of fuel, ammo, planes, AND points/recognition for a successful defense, maybe we would see more fights.

We could get rid of suprise raids too...  what i'm picturing is, a base or town starts flashing and the game announces:  "THE KNIGHTS HAVE BEGUN THE BATTLE OF A31".  Then we could periodic updates like, "THE KNIGHTS HAVE FORCED THE SURRENDER OF A31 -- OCCUPATION FORCES INBOUND"  (for when it's white flagged...) and if the base stops flashing, or the town goes back to greenflag, you could then have:  "THE BISHOPS HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDED A31" or if it's taken, "THE KNIGHTS HAVE WON THE BATTLE OF A31".

Then everyone can highfive each other and talk about how awesome they are because the computer recognized they did something.

:x :bolt:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
We could get rid of suprise raids too...  what i'm picturing is, a base or town starts flashing and the game announces:  "THE KNIGHTS HAVE BEGUN THE BATTLE OF A31".  Then we could periodic updates like, "THE KNIGHTS HAVE FORCED THE SURRENDER OF A31 -- OCCUPATION FORCES INBOUND"  (for when it's white flagged...) and if the base stops flashing, or the town goes back to greenflag, you could then have:  "THE BISHOPS HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDED A31" or if it's taken, "THE KNIGHTS HAVE WON THE BATTLE OF A31".

Then everyone can highfive each other and talk about how awesome they are because the computer recognized they did something.

:aok

that is actually a good idea..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »

I like it too, it would make the game a bit more immersive..."reports from the front and all. It would also give those looking for a fight a quicker and easier way to find them.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
Somehow Way, I knew you'd find this thread....I was kinda counting on it.  So if a bunch of folks are having a good time, its cool to stop it?  I'm not saying someone CAN'T or shouldn't do what they want...I'm saying its unnecessary and smacks of "I'll just screw it up for whoever".

Now, before you argue it...make sure you understand my point.  I'm not saying DON'T...I'm saying doing it makes you a dick.  If people are ok killing a fight and becoming a dick...I guess their ok being a dick. :rofl

crap then I am the biggest dick around since I sink every cv i see and by the way didnt you ask many many times to come and sink the cv?  so that makes you what, the dick handler?

semp

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:15:27 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »
You fail to grasp the simple fact that you're in the MA.  If you appear red on my screen then that makes you fair game, regardless of what you are in.  If you want to GV unmolested there is the option of creating your own arena that you can disable planes in so you can't be bombed.  Asking...no, demanding, that you don't get bombed in the MA is just as silly as flying a bomber and asking a fighter not to shoot you down.  Basically, suck it up and get a new tank when you get bombed.

ack-ack

I fully agree. I decided to spend this entire tour killing GVs while flying mostly mid-war fighters (P-38G, P-39Q, all of P-40s) as my primary game play. It's been fun, in a different way. Moreover, many enemy pilots figure that a low P-39,  P-40 or the like, is an easy mark... They quickly find out otherwise. Of course, I'll grab something else if circumstances warrant. Next month, I'll try something else. Gotta mix things up to keep it fresh and interesting.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »
crap then I am the biggest dick around since I sink every cv i see and by the way didnt you ask many many times to come and sink the cv?  so that makes you what, the dick handler?

semp

now that is funny and oh so true!  LOL :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »
But I'm saying that those whos main goal/action in the MA's is bombing GV's, dropping all the FH's, and killing fights

Sounds like the basic plan of attack to take a base. Except we go for the VH too ... If there isn't really intent to TAKE the base ... It's still GOOD PRACTICE .

derive their pleasure from other's displeasure, or unhappiness, are infact borderline psychopaths.

No, thats called Sadism ... and it's NOT consistant with Psycopathy ... Stop trying to use WORDS you obviously don't comprehend.

The difference between tormenting someone online and tormenting someone in real life is not in the nature of that action, but only in the scale.

And whats the Diff. between when YOU are tomenting someone(s) in this thread and in real life ??? Mirror-Mirror on the wall ... :eek:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »
There is much drama-fu in this thread.    :headscratch:

Oh.. and I see this thread going by way of the locksmith real soon. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »

semp

Semp, that's because you don't do much else...and that's ok.  Someone's got to be a dick...I guess your the biggest one in here if all you do is sink CV's that are the only fight in town.  Apparently you didn't read my post...I wasn't saying don't, I was saying look around...I guess you must wanna get that big screen TV with all those "sunken CV points"...good luck with that.

As for calling to sink one, I'm 100% certain that was while taking a base or two but I don't expect you to remember that...it would have made too much sense for the post you made...then you would have been a dumb dick instead of just a dick.

Your buddy,

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
now that is funny and oh so true!  LOL :rofl

I expected more from you...Semp?, not so much but you?  Oh well...lmao! :aok
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2011, 02:44:42 PM »
As I said, not everyone that drops the FH, or bombs GVs is out to piss people off. Usually its to support an attack, or prevent the capture of one of your bases.

But then there are those few people that will go drop the hangers at a bish/knit fight, when they themselves are rook. Or the GV bombers at a GV only fight, at 2 bases that dont lead to any other bases (in otherwords harmless). Its either because they just want their name in lights, or much more rarely because they just get-off to other peoples displeasure.

Point being is that there are those few people that can take shelter under your "its their $15 a month" umbrella, that at the same time don't deserve it.

EVZ,
"Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/) is a mental disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness. Psychopaths are highly prone to antisocial behavior and abusive treatment of others...."

Sounds one hell of a lot like a certian Portugese jellyfish we all know, especially the lack of empathy and egocentricity. We can all name names, but then that wouldn't be appropriate.

However, you are right, they could fall under th Sadist categrory as well.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: November 27, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »
Semp, that's because you don't do much else...and that's ok.  Someone's got to be a dick...I guess your the biggest one in here if all you do is sink CV's that are the only fight in town.  Apparently you didn't read my post...I wasn't saying don't, I was saying look around...I guess you must wanna get that big screen TV with all those "sunken CV points"...good luck with that.

As for calling to sink one, I'm 100% certain that was while taking a base or two but I don't expect you to remember that...it would have made too much sense for the post you made...then you would have been a dumb dick instead of just a dick.

Your buddy,

Changeup

it's the irony of it all changeup.  perhaps when you called for a cv to be sunk then it's ok but when somebody else does it to you then he's a salamander?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #254 on: November 27, 2011, 03:17:02 PM »
Sounds like the basic plan of attack to take a base. Except we go for the VH too ... If there isn't really intent to TAKE the base ... It's still GOOD PRACTICE .

No, thats called Sadism ... and it's NOT consistant with Psycopathy ... Stop trying to use WORDS you obviously don't comprehend.

And whats the Diff. between when YOU are tomenting someone(s) in this thread and in real life ??? Mirror-Mirror on the wall ... :eek:

No, that is being an A-hole. Why kill a fight if you have no intentions of taking the base? If your out to just bomb, then it won't hurt you to fly on to the next base and pork that one.