Author Topic: Something more realistic, less arcade.  (Read 4726 times)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
Re: Something more realistic, less arcade.
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »
lol if you can fly a 38... you can fly pretty much anything in AH successfully.
Yet he chooses not to for some excuse.... :lol

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
LOL, but yet it blows wings off in 3 pieces in 1 shot.........

in the 100s of hours Ive spent flying hispano armed planes I have never once seen a single 20mm round "blow a plane into thousands of pieces" or "blow wings off in 3 pieces" unless its been badly damaged beforehand.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
@AKAK- BTW, your so-called "whiners/wrong people" that are complaining about the same thing, I see that you have all the time in world to be on the forums, why not make time to fly other planes in AH and get out of your 38 that you fly 24/7 (possibly the only thing you can fly) then you would see what everyone is talking about instead of ranting about how were so wrong.

what does the fact I enjoy to fly the P-38 have to do with you being incorrect? 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »
Don't ever do an inverted -2.5 g push with a passenger aboard, they tend not to appreciate it.

Had a friend in the back seat who was enjoy the acro. Decided to do a 4 point roll but slowly added the rudder in after the 1st quarter so i didn't bounce his head off the side of the canopy. This caused my nose to be slightly lower then normal, which I had to correct for in the inverted to continue the maneuver.  Was just a normal quick correction. When the maneuver was complete I glanced down saw the g meter at -2.5, I really hadn't felt it because when you are preforming the maneuver you prep for it. It really sucked for the guy in back, I apologized profusely.

HiTech

LMAO, well I guess now that passenger can proudly say that he pulled -2.5Gs.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2011, 12:48:08 PM »
LOL, but yet it blows wings off in 3 pieces in 1 shot.........

I really don't think you know what the heck you're talking about.

a single 20mm doesn't atomize a plane, but it can quite easily KILL THE PILOT. Pilot gone = plane must go too, so the end result is a fireball.

A single hit does not blow your wing off. However a solid burst with multiple bullets all hitting the same area will do so in short order.

"Flash" mark sprites can also represent "bursts" rather than individual bullets.

Proving a bug in a tank's armor is one thing. Proving the system is screwed up? No. You've merely pointed out a bug. Now that the bug is dealt with it functions as it should. Same with bugs where damage on the left side of a plane showed up on the right side, and other "bugs" -- i.e. unintential code problems. Your claim, however, is that the entire system is broken, based on your reporting 1 bug? Well the bug got fixed? Does that mean the entire system is fixed now?

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
what does the fact I enjoy to fly the P-38 have to do with you being incorrect?  

ack-ack
The fact that all you do is fly is 38, how do you know how other planes handle in AH when you don't fly them? A lot of old sticks that are coming back are used to the old settings, don't like the changes, and some are complaining about them. Just because you read info and listen to what Hitech says doesn't mean it's 100% correctly modeled in game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:58:45 PM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2011, 01:32:07 PM »

a single 20mm doesn't atomize a plane

A single hit does not blow your wing off.

I've got tons of videos of Hispano 20mm rounds 1 shoting my wing, my tail and my engine from over 600 yrds out, like i have said before it's not a 5 inch gun. That M4's hull has been overmodeled since the day they added it, and it took HTC a year and a half to finally look into it and barely fix it when I told them a long time ago?! The Hispanos barely started acting like this, not before did I have a problem with them or see it 1 shot my wing. If only I didn't have a problem loading them up to mediafire, I could put them up.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:46:49 PM by THRASH99 »

Jokers Jokers

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
in the 100s of hours Ive spent flying hispano armed planes I have never once seen a single 20mm round "blow a plane into thousands of pieces" or "blow wings off in 3 pieces" unless its been badly damaged beforehand.
Well I have, and I wasn't shot up. I saw in film viewer it wasn't a bunch of pings off my wing, just saw/heard 1 ping and my wings snaps into 3 pieces or hits my tail from a deflection shot and rips my tail completely off.

Jokers Jokers

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »
The fact that all you do is fly is 38, how do you know how other planes handle in AH when you don't fly them? A lot of old sticks that are coming back are used to the old settings, don't like the changes, and some are complaining about them. Just because you read info and listen to what Hitech says doesn't mean it's 100% correctly modeled in game.

I've flown every single plane in this game extensively and can fly them far better than you will ever be able to in this game.  Again, what does the choice of my plane have to do with you being incorrect?

ack-ack

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
Well I have, and I wasn't shot up. I saw in film viewer it wasn't a bunch of pings off my wing, just saw/heard 1 ping and my wings snaps into 3 pieces or hits my tail from a deflection shot and rips my tail completely off.

Sounds like lag.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2011, 02:23:54 PM »
Sounds like lag.

that would explain it seeming that the 20mms can one-shot a wing off.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »

If it was the FIRST SHOT ? That's an extremely lucky shot! The wing breaking into 3 pieces would tend to indicate high speed and ? some sort of manuvering ? Break Turn ? Snap Roll ? and the loading on the wing could easily cause it to disintegrate.

One 20mm explosive round on a wing spar is definately sufficient to seperate the wing on ? any fighter. Thru a fuel tank it will likely blow the plane. And as someone else mentioned 1 hit flash MAY = several rounds impacting.

On the other hand, planes sometimes withstand extreme damage, I recently returned a 190A-5 to base with BOTH wingtips shot off and a LOT of control damage too ... flew it almost a full sector like that ... didn't trust myself to LAND it (very wobbly and HARD to correct) so I bailed, but avoided capture ... I have in the past landed a 110 with the entire RH rudder and elevator missing ...

Getting knocked down is a bummer, but it happens to everyone FREQUENTLY. Suck it up and move on, this game seems to manage DAMAGE with more detail than most.  :airplane:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
I know Thrash from the DA and he does have a severe reaction when he gets shot by a Spitfire. Hispanophylaxis I believe  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »
I know Thrash from the DA and he does have a severe reaction when he gets shot by a Spitfire. Hispanophylaxis I believe  :old:

If you want to make his head explode, fly a Spitfire Mk XVI to shoot him down.

ack-ack

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron