Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15947 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
Who's winning?

*shakes magic eightball*

"Hello Kitty - Butterfly Barons"..?...    :confused:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: June 21, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2012, 09:31:57 AM »
JG 52

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »
OK kids, so how is it?   :devil   :ahand
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
pretty terrible

AH has spoiled it for me ;(  I'm sure if I didn't know better I would enjoy WT and it's nice graphics, but as it is, I can't stand it
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2012, 06:04:27 PM »
pretty terrible

AH has spoiled it for me ;(  I'm sure if I didn't know better I would enjoy WT and it's nice graphics, but as it is, I can't stand it

-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
merh..both are ok..world of war planes is downright arcade. Its..not enough for anyone who likes flight SIMULATION. flying..sure..simulation,hell no..cant even touch it.

War thunder, on the other hand is much much closer, but the maps are still very small compaired to aces high..all tho the graphics are mind blowing.

Still, nothing is aces high because they are not true simulators,and they all have that..RPG "work for a plane" crap all FTP games have these days.

WoWp i deleted 2-3 days after downloading it, it was world of tanks in the air. War Thunder is the same way, in arcade mode..same basic setup. same basic game play style. But still no matter how many times  i run the patcher and update the war tunder game, i still cant stomic the idea of actualy firing the game up and trying it out again. oh..that and the control setup is..the lamest interface  i have ever seen in..any game.

So yeah, im sad  i cant play aceshigh right now, but  i would spend the TIME playing aces high, the other two i cant even stomic playing for free.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2012, 07:24:44 PM »
merh..both are ok..world of war planes is downright arcade. Its..not enough for anyone who likes flight SIMULATION. flying..sure..simulation,hell no..cant even touch it.

War thunder, on the other hand is much much closer, but the maps are still very small compaired to aces high..all tho the graphics are mind blowing.

Still, nothing is aces high because they are not true simulators,and they all have that..RPG "work for a plane" crap all FTP games have these days.

WoWp i deleted 2-3 days after downloading it, it was world of tanks in the air. War Thunder is the same way, in arcade mode..same basic setup. same basic game play style. But still no matter how many times  i run the patcher and update the war tunder game, i still cant stomic the idea of actualy firing the game up and trying it out again. oh..that and the control setup is..the lamest interface  i have ever seen in..any game.

So yeah, im sad  i cant play aceshigh right now, but  i would spend the TIME playing aces high, the other two i cant even stomic playing for free.

I tried War Thunder....it was deleted with all its beautiful graphics  :rofl

hope ya get back ingame soon :aok

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
There's Rise of Flight for WWI.
Aces High for WWII.
There's Falcon 4.0 for modern.
There's FSX for civilian planes.
And there's DCS series for hardcore sims.

Other than that...there's really no other flight sims that's worth playing (that doesn't have outdated graphics). I would put Il-2 up there but...meh, Aces High wins the title for WWII.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2012, 08:13:39 PM »
Aces High for WWII.

Other than that...there's really no other flight sims that's worth playing (that doesn't have outdated graphics). I would put Il-2 up there but...meh, Aces High wins the title for WWII.  :)

There's Blazing Angels on Wii. :old:

:joystick:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2012, 08:23:47 PM »
Tried World of Tanks. Played it for about an hour or so, I honestly thought it sucked. Just watched a beta vid for World of Aircraft. Wasn't too impressive looking to me. Looked like something for PS3
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »
War Thunder I found to be a whole lot of 'meh'.  The FM is different, I'm in no position to comment on accuracy, but the main thing that I like about AH is, if you stall out vertical, your plane can fall backwards.  Pretty much every other sim I've ever seen, that isn't the case.

Nice graphics, prefer the gameplay here.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
I see nothing in gameplay that will hurt AH. I downloaded, tried it, and deleted it :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2012, 08:07:38 AM »
Aces High for WWII.

maybe, maybe i say you are forgeting a flight WWII sim that is called Cliffs of Dover?

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyVJ2czMRo

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Aces High and WOA are aimed at 2 entirely different markets, if WOA got the same accurate FM as Aces High it would lose a lot of customers because the learning curve would be to steep, a lot of people do not want to play a game that needs years to get half decent at.

It seems there is a limited market for Aces High and always will be, I do wish HTC would concentrate more on making the game available in more languages, the same limited market exists in every country they should imo concentrate on making sure they reach these people.