Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15927 times)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 12:43:41 AM »
IIRC, atleast the early Zero variants could fire either cannon, or MGs, but not both at the same time. Anyone know if this is true?

I know-- what I was saying is that there were 4(?) Gun barrels on the Japanese plane, and each one of them fired on their own, at least once or twice.

Like:

1, 4

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »
HTC wont move forward because they are worried about losing the people playing on old pos machines. While I love AH, it is getting stale, same old maps day after day, same old hordes day after day, and we get a jump in graphics every year or so that is still 5 or more years behind current games. Sure the flight model is fantastic but give me some eye candy to go with it. This next "upgrade" shows grass...... :bhead

Download the new Aces High Beta and max out the graphics... Much better than what you see today. It's what's coming... Those with less capable machines can back off the graphics and keep it just about where they are today.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »
What do you mean by good graphics? Maxed out, our graphics are actually stunning. I saw a screenshot with full eyecandy on, and I actually had to look twice to confirm that it was a screenshot.

So, what do you REALLY want? Do you want HTC to add more special effects, like little parts flying off the aircraft when you hit it, and better destructable enviornments?

Or do you want HTC to somehow make our graphics so good our cartoon planes would be indistinguishable from their real life conterparts in a photo?

A highly destructable enviornment might actually make AH MORE gamey. If you knock a tree over, how long does it stay knocked over? Untill the map reset?  How long do you think it would be before all the cover is gone at your favorite GV spawn? 10 mins? Yeah, thats realistic  :rolleyes:.

Do you want to be able to punch a hole in the hangers if you fly your plane into it? Would it do damage (terrible idea)? Would it just be more (utterly pointless) eyecandy?

Not only that, but either our own systems would have to keep track of all the destructables within a certian distance, maybe view range (merely annoying and taxing to our systems) or the AH servers would have to keep track of ALL the destructables in the ENTIRE terrain, CONSTANLTY (likely the server would explode from the strain, and then Skuzzy would have a nervous break down from all the crying on the BBS)

If you want the best graphics in the world, a 100% destructable enviornment, and all they eyecandy you can every imagine, then you should know theres already a game out there with all this.... and its free. Its called real life.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:56:45 AM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2012, 01:57:04 AM »
DAMN I've got a picture for your last sentence there, TankAce... But I'm on my phone. No photobucket for me :cry

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 05:46:13 AM »
Yes, I did a double take so I don't mind if I double post it.  Someone even commented that it this was edited somehow.  :lol  Keep up folks, beta has been going on for 3 weeks now.  Staff have said that work on upgrades on the older graphics are running parallel to the upgrades and advancements in newer versions. 

Now, there is nothing wrong with asking for specific enhancements, but clearly comparing older models that are being reworked to a project that is not even released is like expecting your cell phone to automatically have all the latest capabilities as soon as they come out.  You are ignoring the fact that cellphone was built with the current technology available at the time.  You have to wait for the software or hardware to be developed that fits your model.  A good example was a colleague who asked about the bluetooth that another driver was using.  While we attempted to explain that he needed to check to see if his phone was compatible, he went out and purchased something that looked similar but was actually only a headset.  Headset and Bluetooth wireless, both serve mostly the same function but I think you can see where one might become disappointed in either functionality or convenience of one or the other.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2012, 08:07:23 AM »
Yes, I did a double take so I don't mind if I double post it.  Someone even commented that it this was edited somehow.  :lol  Keep up folks, beta has been going on for 3 weeks now.  Staff have said that work on upgrades on the older graphics are running parallel to the upgrades and advancements in newer versions. 

Now, there is nothing wrong with asking for specific enhancements, but clearly comparing older models that are being reworked to a project that is not even released is like expecting your cell phone to automatically have all the latest capabilities as soon as they come out.  You are ignoring the fact that cellphone was built with the current technology available at the time.  You have to wait for the software or hardware to be developed that fits your model.  A good example was a colleague who asked about the bluetooth that another driver was using.  While we attempted to explain that he needed to check to see if his phone was compatible, he went out and purchased something that looked similar but was actually only a headset.  Headset and Bluetooth wireless, both serve mostly the same function but I think you can see where one might become disappointed in either functionality or convenience of one or the other.

(Image removed from quote.)

This image does look photoshopped. There seems to be blurring added selectively to make the image look more 3 dimensional.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
I have been plaing for just over a year now, dont get to play in MA very much due to my old laptop that I play on gets way slow, but I can do bombing runs.  I dont play for the graphics, its realistic flight is what got me hooked but I enjoy everyone I fly with in the MA or the DA, where I spend most of my time.  I havent flown with anyone on here that I dont like, so I guess its more than the graphics that make the game. Just my 2 pennies.<<S>>

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
Yes, I did a double take so I don't mind if I double post it.  Someone even commented that it this was edited somehow.
I made a comment that it was edited. The foreground of the picture is blurred, as is the background with the main body of the plane being 'in focus'.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
Keep up folks, beta has been going on for 3 weeks now.  Staff have said that work on upgrades on the older graphics are running parallel to the upgrades and advancements in newer versions.  

actually it was in Closed beta a few weeks before it went open beta....... but it seems (as always has ) that Aces High just keeps getting better and better. I would think that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg  or top of  Mount everest in regards as to what the new AH graphics engine is capable of producing...... most do not know or remember that the game engine / graphics engine was changed / updated a few years ago and each update provides more and more realistic detail.....

and so many talk crap about the WWI arena and it not being used, and do not acknowledge that HTC posted that one of the WWI arena's main uses was to introduce new things into Aces high albiet graphics, sounds, flight model, new terrain features, weather features, etc etc etc...

Happy New Year !!!  everyone

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »
I have been plaing for just over a year now, dont get to play in MA very much due to my old laptop that I play on gets way slow, but I can do bombing runs. I dont play for the graphics, its realistic flight is what got me hooked but I enjoy everyone I fly with in the MA or the DA, where I spend most of my time.  I havent flown with anyone on here that I dont like, so I guess its more than the graphics that make the game. Just my 2 pennies.<<S>>

most intelligent observation , you have made there......  homersipes !

:cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
Only edits on these were to shave them down to fit better.  The resolution was 1600 x 900.  I see the blurred wing and wasn't sure about the gold reflection on the Storch.  My point is there are very minute differences in what actually passes as photographic and what the game is capable of.  The explosions shown in the trailer showed more flames and lasted longer, that I concede to.  But the terrain was much more cartoonish than what we have.  I guess the biggest difference in what we normally see in the game and what the trailer showed seemed to be a matter of zoom. 

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
Either in this thread or maybe it was another thread, someone made a comment/remark about seeing hands on the controls inside the cockpit or seeing the stick(or yoke) - throttle - rudder pedals showing movement

Aces High planes that have been updated DO show movement of the flight controls for all the above ( Stick throttle rudder pedals )  it just does not show hands or feet on the controls..... not that it is a big deal. why would one be looking down inside the cockpit watch movement of the controls while flying in aerial combat?  <shakes head>

people on here who have been complaining about AH's graphics  and looking realistic......... well I have never seen PURPLE colored tracers from any live footage or in real life ?  

how realistic is that for graphics, to me it is not, it is cartoonish ...... to me it is cartoonish to see planes fighting each other and having 5 or 6 different colored tracers being fired from the different planes......now this is from current online mmo flight games ( like IL2 or wings of prey , cliffs of dover or wwiionline?? etc...... )

I have not seen anything regarding the world of warplanes game  and it currently is not known what  the other world of planes game is going to offer at the finished product.....

but numerous different colored tracers on the different planes makes it look all comic book like oe starwars like verses realistic looking......  and before anyone goes spouting off about well they had green, yellow, red etc colored tracers in real life ... I already know this.....  majority being Red or orange/amberish color or some greenish color ........ but PURPLE???  lol

some of the fire and smoke in some of the other mmo flight sims also looks cartoonish or cgi  verses what aces high has..... not saying Aces High is perfect or better.... just different and it doesn't look like a motion moveing painting  or like animated cartoon

TC

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »
Only edits on these were to shave them down to fit better.  The resolution was 1600 x 900.  I see the blurred wing and wasn't sure about the gold reflection on the Storch.  My point is there are very minute differences in what actually passes as photographic and what the game is capable of.  The explosions shown in the trailer showed more flames and lasted longer, that I concede to.  But the terrain was much more cartoonish than what we have.  I guess the biggest difference in what we normally see in the game and what the trailer showed seemed to be a matter of zoom. 

Those screenshots look sad. At least 5 years out of date.  Reminds me of WW2OL that I played back in 06...except worse. And this is from beta? 
I shouldn't show you this link....it will just make you depressed.  Enjoy. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3244760/1.html

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
Those screenshots look sad. At least 5 years out of date.  Reminds me of WW2OL that I played back in 06...except worse. And this is from beta? 
I shouldn't show you this link....it will just make you depressed.  Enjoy. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3244760/1.html
The gentleman who posted those images says this on the second page;
At the moment, this game is unplayable without a patch. It doesn't matter if you have super-computer because it will lag even on lowest settings. The game runs in 32 bit mode only, runs only on single core CPU and uses about 1gig of ram in quick mission over sea with one other plane. I don't know what anti-epilepsy they are speaking because I'm about to have one with additional rage from being so frustrated. There are bugs - easily visible that should not have been at this stage of a game. Frame rate oddly enough shows 30-40 fps using in game counter. But my eyes sees 10 fps, if that. Patch is needed. And fast.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »

Now those are awesome graphics. :O