Author Topic: Joe Paterno dead at 85  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
Re: Joe Paterno dead at 85
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »
      I have alot more respect for Joe than I do for you know-it-all losers castigating a man for "not doing enough".
Apparently there are no sex offenders living in your neighborhoods....why don't YOU do more?

Actually the analogy would be more like "you" knowing some neighbor man "a friend" sexually abused a little boy in the neighborhood and all you did was notify some bosses, not the police, in order to help cover up the abuse and then stay silent for years. The analogy would be closer to the truth if it happened at your workplace and you covered for the guy for reasons of career.

I cant answer for you but for sure you can bet I'd report the guy to the Police immediatly. BTW your statement has to be amongst the dumbest Ive ever seen in an internet forum and thats saying a lot.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »
Even if he DID enable, or overlook a sex abuse situation, flaming him and bringing all this crap back up now that he has passed is just plain disrespectful. 
[/b]

perhaps he didnt respect the kids by not doing more to help them while they were being raped.  he had knowledge, he had a position where if the university policy had done nothing she should've gone to the press.  by not acting he allowed more children to be molested.  he also had the power to kick the scumbag out or remove him from his potions.  but he didnt.  he may have been a great coach but he it all comes down to he allowed by not doing more children to be raped.  that is note being disrespectful that is being truthful.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »
perhaps he didnt respect the kids by not doing more to help them while they were being raped.  he had knowledge, he had a position where if the university policy had done nothing she should've gone to the press.  by not acting he allowed more children to be molested.  he also had the power to kick the scumbag out or remove him from his potions.  but he didnt.  he may have been a great coach but he it all comes down to he allowed by not doing more children to be raped.  that is note being disrespectful that is being truthful.

semp

Yep.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
We know because we can read:http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/22/justice/pennsylvania-coach-abuse-timeline/index.html
Giving a man "God" status because he coached a sports team is ignorant and pathetic. Ridiculing him for allowing a pedophile to active abuse kids because he don't want bad press is called for.

Do you have any quotes from the press conference he called after first discovering Sandusky was a child rapist in 2002? Paterno brought this on himself.

I didnt give him "god" status, now did I?  I certainly do not condone what he supposedly did (or didnt?) do, but I'm not so feeble minded as to burn the fellow at the stake just yet.  I respect him for not for him being a good coach, but rather the life *he* lead, he gave more of his money and time to charity that most lynchers can even fathom.  That doesn't make what he supposedly did (or didn't?) do alright, but we're talking about 2 different things.  The guy is dead.  If you or anyone else wants to speak lowly of the fellow then pull up the old thread that was started when the news broke, but not here.  Like I said, show some respect to the dead by shutting your pie hole, and show that you have some dignity.     
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »
Yikes, looks like you have to take a side on this one.

A exceptional career does not not negate the huge mistake he made.
A huge mistake does not negate an exceptional career.

Humans, you take the good with the bad.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
Sorry for posting this whole thread. I do not care what people think or feel about the whole child molestation case, but to come on to this thread and troll with hate words is childish and disrespectful. Perhaps common sense of using "have nothing nice to say then don't say anything" not a common saying anymore. Sigh, sigh.

GROWE UP PEOPLE!
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 01:21:25 AM »
I didnt give him "god" status, now did I? 
No, you didn't. But, Pedd State did. Remember the riot when he was fired?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »
I'll reserve the right to not pass judgement on the man since as a man, I have no right to condemn him. 

I hope he is at peace.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 08:12:14 AM »
As coarse as I can tend to be, I am hard-pressed to speak ill of he deceased.

As a coach and a member of the community, Joe Pa did wonders.  All of that is eclipsed by the atrocities that happened there and it is a crying shame.

I firmly believe that when good men stand idle, evil will triumph.  I also firmly believe that when one keeps a secret like this to one's self, it will eat you alive from the inside-out.  Case in point...

If I were in that position that he was, I would have called the police myself.  If only to cover his arse, he should have called.  There would have been no blow-back on him.  It would certainly have not jeopardized his career.  It would have made him an even bigger pillar of the community.  I think that events panning out as they did would have been the only way that Jo Pa could have ever gotten fired.  If Sandusky were to be found innocent, there may have been some bad blood between them, but it would have been best to err on the side of caution.

If he had done nothing at all, perhaps I would have a different opinion if he had done nothing at all.  I still think that, once he realized that the police were NOT being involved, he should have called them himself.  Hell, as far as I know, the police WERE informed, but they were as much a part of covering this up as the school was.  There is a lot of revenue to be generated by having  a juggernaut of a University in your town.

For those of you that don't know, State College, PA was a pretty dull, broke and sleepy little town before Joe Pa came along.  I'm not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but the following (which I have posted before) IS a bit strange...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/DA-Who-Never-Charged-Sandusky-Has-Been-Missing-Since-2005-133615093.html

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 08:17:21 AM »
Rest in peace Joe.  You will be remembered for being a coaching legend and having a great impact on people's lives.  A true example of loyalty to an ideal and institution.   :salute

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
If he had done nothing at all, perhaps I would have a different opinion if he had done nothing at all.  I still think that, once he realized that the police were NOT being involved, he should have called them himself.  Hell, as far as I know, the police WERE informed, but they were as much a part of covering this up as the school was.  There is a lot of revenue to be generated by having  a juggernaut of a University in your town.

All he did was take part in a conspiracy with several School Presidents to cover the matter up. He/they NEVER called ANY Police. Not campus police, not ANY Police.

I could basically live with anything else the guy could have done. Smack the wife, beat the dog, rob a bank, but to help cover up for a serial child molester???? You gotta wonder what JoePa and the rest of these fools were thinking. Obviously it was their own images and careers they put over the welfare of these helpless children. And this Loony tune Jerry Sandusky doesnt even think he didnt do anything wrong.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »
All he did was take part in a conspiracy with several School Presidents to cover the matter up. He/they NEVER called ANY Police. Not campus police, not ANY Police.

I could basically live with anything else the guy could have done. Smack the wife, beat the dog, rob a bank, but to help cover up for a serial child molester???? You gotta wonder what JoePa and the rest of these fools were thinking. Obviously it was their own images and careers they put over the welfare of these helpless children. And this Loony tune Jerry Sandusky doesnt even think he didnt do anything wrong.

Someone informed officials.  The DA knew about it.

I'll try this again...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/DA-Who-Never-Charged-Sandusky-Has-Been-Missing-Since-2005-133615093.html
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »

Hmm, where are you getting your info that JoePa helped cover a serial rapist?  What I read, is that all he knew is that there was inappropriate showering with one boy, which he took to his higher ups.  It was inconclusive what was actually going on, i don't think the grad student told him any graphic detail of what he thinks he saw.  So aside from that one incident, which JoePa took to his superiors, what else was there that warrants the sheeple to demonize him?  I'm honestly asking, I might have missed it.  Was there other stuff that people told Joe that he sat on?  A link would be nice to show how deep he was in this grand cover up. 

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2012, 12:23:27 PM »
Hmm, where are you getting your info that JoePa helped cover a serial rapist?  What I read, is that all he knew is that there was inappropriate showering with one boy, which he took to his higher ups.  It was inconclusive what was actually going on, i don't think the grad student told him any graphic detail of what he thinks he saw.  So aside from that one incident, which JoePa took to his superiors, what else was there that warrants the sheeple to demonize him?  I'm honestly asking, I might have missed it.  Was there other stuff that people told Joe that he sat on?  A link would be nice to show how deep he was in this grand cover up. 

From part of Paterno's deposition:

"He (McQueary) had seen a person, an older person, fondling a young boy," Paterno testified. "I don't know what you would call it, but it was of a sexual nature. I didn't push Mike to describe it because he was already upset, but it was something inappropriate to a youngster."

"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »
From part of Paterno's deposition:

"He (McQueary) had seen a person, an older person, fondling a young boy," Paterno testified. "I don't know what you would call it, but it was of a sexual nature. I didn't push Mike to describe it because he was already upset, but it was something inappropriate to a youngster."

"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him," Paterno said.

Yeah that's what I had read.