Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4667 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:57 AM »
??? MAYBE ??? a PERK TAX should be charged to anyone SWITCHING SIDES in a MAIN ARENA ??? Any such TAX would be figured on a % basis ... Want to switch sides? OK, it will cost you 30% of your perk points ... This would DEFINATELY put a crimp in the perk farming, Spying, and ENY manipulation that Occurs on a regular basis ... Flame Suit Mode initiated.

You dont think the 12 hour switch rule is enough? Think before you type.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »
and loyalty is important, why?  :headscratch:  -I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are-
Before you worry about loyalty, Why don't you stick to figuring out what perfection really means ... (hint, close don't count).
:O
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »
You dont think the 12 hour switch rule is enough? Think before you type.
I think it's somewhat effective against certain types of scams ... which is why it's in effect in the LWA. However, it's NOT a rule, it's a setting. In MWA it's only 1 HR ... The scam there is to switch just before logging off and then when you log in next, you can locate the enemy CVs, and listen in on their plans before switching back.

It won't do you much good to think before you type, if you don't know much about what you are typing about.
:rolleyes:

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: January 27, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
So... currently HTC offers a perk based incentive to switch sides... and you want them to add to that a perk based hindrance to switch?

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: January 27, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »
So... currently HTC offers a perk based incentive to switch sides... and you want them to add to that a perk based hindrance to switch?
Sorry, I don't know of any such policy? If you're refering to the ENY advantage ... and you consider that an INCENTIVE for perk farming? you're sadly mistaken to think HT encourages it. (I think) One reason the LWA setting is 12 hrs is because no one can be assured that ENY is going to favor any side that long ... It's set to 1 hr in MWA, to allow side balancing switches by some of our regulars who DO NOT ABUSE the feature. Spies and perk farmers are fairly easy to spot In MWA, due to the small population and can be dealt with on an individual basis when reported.

A perk tax on switching could eliminate a LOT of frustration and abuse AND (maybe?) save skuzzy a little work?
:cool:

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »
If you're refering to the ENY advantage ... and you consider that an INCENTIVE for perk farming? you're sadly mistaken to think HT encourages it. (I think)
No, the ENY perk multiplier is there solely to encourage people to switch to the low numbered side.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »
No, the ENY perk multiplier is there solely to encourage people to switch to the low numbered side.
Sorry, I see your logic, but it's not consistant with the 12 hr Limit.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
Sorry, I see your logic, but it's not consistant with the 12 hr Limit.

no kidding?!?   perhaps this is why you see the poepl most affected by this lobbying for a reduction to 1-3 hrs (but without a perk charge) :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
Sorry, I don't know of any such policy? If you're refering to the ENY advantage ... and you consider that an INCENTIVE for perk farming? you're sadly mistaken to think HT encourages it. (I think) One reason the LWA setting is 12 hrs is because no one can be assured that ENY is going to favor any side that long ... It's set to 1 hr in MWA, to allow side balancing switches by some of our regulars who DO NOT ABUSE the feature. Spies and perk farmers are fairly easy to spot In MWA, due to the small population and can be dealt with on an individual basis when reported.

A perk tax on switching could eliminate a LOT of frustration and abuse AND (maybe?) save skuzzy a little work?

what is "perk farming" anyway in your mind? and why is it a bad thing?

If I switch to the low # country, take up a 109F and shoot down a couple LA7's and earn twice the perks as one would from the high # country.. I don't see the problem.   :huh
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
Kvuo brings up a good point; what IS wrong with perk farming?

Everybody has the same choices available for perk farming, its not like anyone has an unfair advantage.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »
Make the game easier for me because I don't want to take the time to learn.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »
Make the game easier for me because I don't want to take the time to learn.

:rofl      :cheers:
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2012, 02:22:15 AM »

Ever consider that yoless perks per kill if your on the highu might get  # side. Seems more likely people that are switching for perks would go to the low # side to grab the massive perk bonus offered. <Does so very often.

I vote bring back 1-2 hour side switch times. 12 hour horde gettin big some nights.

some of us dont really care about perks, or score.  I love the spit8 because it's awesome and fly the ponyd because i grew up with the black sheep.  i probably increase my perks about 50 or 60 per tour flying the ponyd.  dont matter what the heck am I gonna do with them anyway.  some of us actually fly airplanes just for the fun of it  :banana: :banana: :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »
what is "perk farming" anyway in your mind? and why is it a bad thing? If I switch to the low # country, take up a 109F and shoot down a couple LA7's and earn twice the perks as one would from the high # country.. I don't see the problem.
THAT isn't Perk Farming, and it's not a problem ... Perk Farming is switching to a HEAVILY outnumberd side (sometimes 7 or 8 to 1) the upping a formation of bettys to bomb undefended towns in the 3rd country ... the guy who was bragging about that _claimed_ he got 300 perks in around an hr ... At the same time he decreased the odds by around 30% and enabled better planes for his HOME COUNTRY - THAT is perk farming.
:huh

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2012, 07:38:29 AM »
THAT isn't Perk Farming, and it's not a problem ... Perk Farming is switching to a HEAVILY outnumberd side (sometimes 7 or 8 to 1) the upping a formation of bettys to bomb undefended towns in the 3rd country ... the guy who was bragging about that _claimed_ he got 300 perks in around an hr ... At the same time he decreased the odds by around 30% and enabled better planes for his HOME COUNTRY - THAT is perk farming.
:huh

Well, I doubt that his claims are founded in truth.

Your 9 vs 3-4 last night was like the mother load of perks, however.   :rock

I never realized that one could bag so many scalps that were worth so many perks in such a short amount of time   :x

You guys were like pelt dispensers, I even got some jeep kills  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.