Author Topic: PERK TAX  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: PERK TAX
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 04:10:27 AM »
Yeah! Eat the RICH !!! 66,000 perk points is absurd, you obviously NEED help spending them!
:rolleyes:

It's not, I had about that many for a long time.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 04:23:17 AM »
If i were a manawar, i still could jump countries at will. Spy at will. Be a tard at will. bomb**** my own gv mission at will. It sux. ooppss
Yet people like Soulyss would be stuck with one friggen chess piece forever. That also sux.
Awesome idea isnt it?

Btw there are people i like to play "with", whatever side they are on. Also there are people i play against even when they are on my side. If you cant understand this... then congrats.

Another EVZ shine thread  :aok

I don't mean it's absurd to have them ... They just pile up, right ? What I mean is it's absurd to keep them lying around the account server using up valuable floor space ... With the Sideswitch Perk Tax, we could clean out those dusty old perks pretty quickly!

You're not one of those guys who sit's in a dark corner running his hands thru his perks and mumbling about "My Precious" ... are you?
You dont have any perks and jelous to those who have more than 200? Also you never switch sides couse you have no buddies on the other and jelous to those who have?
Sounds a little bit selfish for me. hmm?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:56:28 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
ive a good one eze all those country jumpers they should scrap there perks completley and give them sheep instead of there beloved perkies. as that is what they wished for  , that is the level of intelegence , when they dont like something, on bb post a picture of a cat doing silly things with a keyboard ,or a heard of sheep , and as imadot said one of them posted a wish for poisoned choclate drops , for there adversaries, i think perk tax is good , hope it gets through 
I think it could resolve some current problems that are perceived by a goodly percentage of players ... I'd bet it occurred to HT a long time ago and has never been considered NECESSARY, or there are implied problems with building it into the programing ... I'm a big fan of the, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought, and it may be that these abuses aren't significant enough to warrant correction. The Game FUNCTIONS, People do enjoy it, there are always going to be those who want CHANGE just for the sake of CHANGE and not necessarily for the improvement of the game ... HT has to weigh such factors in deciding how the game develops ... I expect the postings in this forum help him keep in touch with the states of mind that exists within the game and arrange his priorities accordingly ... I'm happy to do my bit to help with that.

The Silly Squad are kind of like the static on the radio ... and they make about as much sense. The scary thing about them is they BREED. I've been lobbying for a firing squad for a little while now ... just keep taking names.
:airplane:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 04:34:35 AM »
It's not, I had about that many for a long time.
I don't mean it's absurd to have them ... They just pile up, right ? What I mean is it's absurd to keep them lying around the account server using up valuable floor space ... With the Sideswitch Perk Tax, we could clean out those dusty old perks pretty quickly!

You're not one of those guys who sit's in a dark corner running his hands thru his perks and mumbling about "My Precious" ... are you?
:D

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 05:05:35 AM »
Maybe your missions fail and your boats get sunk because you guys suck, not because of others cheating.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 06:03:31 AM »
I never believe anyone who says, "they know for a fact" then do not provide any evidence to back up their claim..

What evidence would you like?  Been flying in that arena for over 6 years now, been playing the game for over 10.  Flown strictly bish up until the last month or so ive been switching between rook and bish to even out sides.  The main reason I left his squad after a very short stint was because of the "gaming the game" that went on within it, mostly by the CO.  Now I dont know for a FACT no one else in the squad has a second account or not but I do know by checking stats regularly they do not have what most to consider a SHADE account to perk farm or score pad.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2012, 08:33:42 AM »
Let's keep this in context, OK? I'm not asking that anyone be restricted ... Just that they PAY for privileges to prevent the abuse OF those privileges. Doing so on a % basis assures that no-one is restricted as those with LOW levels of perks can still switch freely and noobs can still TRY different environments looking for what they like best ... the TO THE RESCUE / Low Numbers, White Hats, can still go wherever they please and hey THEY aren't interested in PERKS anyway ... are they?

The LWA has a much larger infestation of sideswitch abuse, it's just not as noticeable because the players don't know everybody and don't encounter the SAME PEOPLE pulling the SAME STUNTS on a regular basis ... I suspect this measure would clean up the game significantly, and I'd bet that the Player Counts go UP accordingly ... I've seen WAY to many good people QUIT THE GAME in the last 2 months due to frustration with abusive players.
;)

Funny you should say that, since you have taken quotes of mine, and many others, out of context.

No, I mentioned Honesty, Loyalty, Fair Play, etc ... as abstract concepts ... YOU may have tried to change the context, but if so, you failed miserably.
I am, infact, devotedly loyal to the people I play WITH ... WE CHOOSE to identify ourselves with an ICON provided by the GAME.
You'd have to take that up with HT, he created these things. I kind of like them.

:O

Ironic you should say that, since you have taken quotes of mine, and many others, out of context.

Your skills at apologetics and your attempt at using argumentum ad verecundiam (appeal to authority) is what is failing miserably.  

Although your loyalty may be admirable, it is your choice to remain that way.  It is not necessarily the way that all others in this community play.  Trying to foist your style of play or concepts of what if fair, loyal or honest onto the rest of the community, at-large, is not going to help you make your case.  When you have actually been a part of this community for more than 6 months,  you will become increasingly aware of this fact.
HTC has made the 3 countries in order to have a 2 front conflict and has implemented the ENY system in an attempt to keep the numbers balanced.

HTC has already stated that there will not be a perk economy beyond the scope of the ability to earn them towards the "purchasing" more capable aircraft/vehicles.  As it is used currently, it is more like Scrip than legal tender.  The taxing of perks, or using them for anything other than to  spend them on airplanes would invalidate the whole concept of what they are intended for and would constitute an economy..  If you think folks "cheat", game the system or perpetrate other nefarious acts to farm perks, imagine what would happen if perks could be used to "purchase" more options/privileges.  Some folks would go apetoejam.

Beyond the fact that HTC has stated that it won't happen, the fact of which perks (fighter, bomber or vehicle) would be used for what actions in this proposed perk tax leads me to believe that this idea is half-baked, at best.

Carry on

:salute
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »
I think it could resolve some current problems that are perceived by a goodly percentage of players

there's your problem.

it's not a problem, only the paranoid few think it is..

if htc thought it was a problem, I think they'd probably go with 24, 36 or 48 hour, or week, or month restrictions on switching before they bothered with perks. it would take them 2 seconds to switch the switch time if they thought it was a big thing.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
and as imadot said one of them posted a wish for poisoned choclate drops , for there adversaries, i think perk tax is good , hope it gets through  :salute
Wait....what????

And for the record, I switch countries to find fights. It usually means I go to the low side and help defend. Sometimes it means I go to "not quite the low side" if that's what it takes.  I also believe, contrary to what has been said by some in these threads, most don't switch sides when the fights get tough - they switch when it's tough to find fights.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
You don't understand! People can simply talk to each other no mater what side their on! I call it the Back Channel!

What needs removing is the PM function across sides in game and the ability for squad members to talk to each other on vox, or anybody else, if not on the same side.  That will cure it  :aok

Your opponents will say well they will just use the phone  or the `oingobox or whatever...

I say fine let them ring up the phone bills. Let them hassle with the Roger Wilcox every time they want to enter the game or whatever.  ;)

Don't provide a way for people on different sides to talk in game! It's stupid and causes problems.

Wanna talk go to the O'Club if you cant be on the same side or say it on 200!

That includes you Phan and Silat  :t

But then I would not be able to get the eloquent PM's from vDallas that he is so fond of sending  :cry

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »
ive a good one eze all those country jumpers they should scrap there perks completley and give them sheep instead of there beloved perkies. as that is what they wished for  , that is the level of intelegence , when they dont like something, on bb post a picture of a cat doing silly things with a keyboard ,or a heard of sheep , and as imadot said one of them posted a wish for poisoned choclate drops , for there adversaries, i think perk tax is good , hope it gets through  :salute

I miss the sheep and they miss my  :banana:

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:58 AM »

perk farming, Spying, and ENY manipulation that Occurs on a regular basis ... Flame Suit Mode initiated.

EVZ

I know you have good intentions and your reasons are valid.
But there is a better way to address these issues........See Rules 7 and 8.
HTC will do something about those that are gaming the game and participating
in activities that are detrimental to Aces High. Send them screen shots and any other
proof you feel necessary. They will respond.

Good luck,
Mano

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
HTC will do something about those that are gaming the game and participating
in activities that are detrimental to Aces High.
Yes, I'm sure they will ... I would prefer to see the game adjusted so that the cycle of frustration, complaint, verification, punishment, etc ... is required less often ... To that end I think suggestions like this one are in order ... Why do you suppose it is that SOME people find them SO OBJECTIONABLE ?
:angel:

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »
      Fin will never forgive me for posting his picture on EHarmony  :devil

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL ... I have tried Phan 

BTW thanks for the Apple... did you get a new dew and some new specs?  :t
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
... Why do you suppose it is that SOME people find them SO OBJECTIONABLE ?
:angel:

It's because we don't like ideas that restrict legitimate activity while failing to accomplish anything useful.