Author Topic: Storch Can Pick Up Downed Pilot to get a Landed Rescue Message  (Read 3285 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Storch Can Pick Up Downed Pilot to get a Landed Rescue Message
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:50 AM »
Only reason folks want it is because the guy downed wants to save his score, his points, and his name in lights.

exactly, which is not what should happen anyway.

the only thing a rescued pilot would get of of it would be to turn his Captured into a Bailed. big deal.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 02:23:36 PM »
+1

It would be funny.

It will give to this game a particular option. 

It would be also educative for young players.

Somebody argued that who is requesting to be rescued have to wait too much, but
I will wait if i have the kills points as rescued pilot.

I don't think that this option requires so much coding.

C'mon HTC let's do it.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 03:10:21 PM »
The Storch doesnt have much range and pilot retrieval wouldnt really be a useful role.

I beg your pardon sir, if someone is willing to take the time to go out and rescue someone, it's a very worthwhile role.  Buster is right on...

Only the reward should be the Storch driver gets ALL the perks...the pilot was down and has already lost them.  However, being rescued allows him his name in lights and he keeps the kills he had and his k/d ratio is affected positively.

I fly out to grab anyone that called out on country for help...after I rtb'd or died.  Since I mostly die, it won't take me long.

+1
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
I beg your pardon sir, if someone is willing to take the time to go out and rescue someone, it's a very worthwhile role.  Buster is right on...

Only the reward should be the Storch driver gets ALL the perks...the pilot was down and has already lost them.  However, being rescued allows him his name in lights and he keeps the kills he had and his k/d ratio is affected positively.

I fly out to grab anyone that called out on country for help...after I rtb'd or died.  Since I mostly die, it won't take me long.

+1

THIS

+1
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »
However, being rescued allows him his name in lights and he keeps the kills he had and his k/d ratio is affected positively.

why? first he lost his own aircraft and then he risked the life of the storch driver to rescue him. why on earth should he be rewarded the same as if he Landed Successfully? makes no sense. :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »
The rescued pilot shouldn't receive anything other than what he would get in a normal safe bail. Anything else is BS.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »
exactly :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2012, 08:02:01 AM »
why? first he lost his own aircraft and then he risked the life of the storch driver to rescue him. why on earth should he be rewarded the same as if he Landed Successfully? makes no sense. :headscratch:

Because he got back to base.  Downed fighter pilots don't lose their kills in R L if they live, why should we if we get CSAR'd.  You guys are worrying too much about the score part...Boyington didn't lose all of his kills because he spent 2 years in a Japanese POW camp.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2012, 08:05:10 AM »
exactly, which is not what should happen anyway.

the only thing a rescued pilot would get of of it would be to turn his Captured into a Bailed. big deal.

Ridiculous answer....this is the answer of the score worrier.  How many German pilots were shot down repeatedly?  They lose their kill credits?  No.  Quit worrying about how it affects your score

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2012, 08:52:02 AM »
you dont lose any kill credits in AH either when you land/ditch/bail/captured/killed. so a rescued pilot towering as Bailed would not lose any kill credits, just like RL.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »
you dont lose any kill credits in AH either when you land/ditch/bail/captured/killed. so a rescued pilot towering as Bailed would not lose any kill credits, just like RL.

My understanding, and it may be wrong, is that bail/ditch/capture affects K/D ratio negatively.  If that is true, then a rescued pilot should get to keep his kills as landed, not as bailed/ditch/captured because, for one reason, he is sacrificing his kills per hour to wait on the rescue. 

However, if I was told incorrectly, another argument would have to be made.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »
thats right, it effects K/D because it effects D. In AH, D doesnt mean death, it means not Landed or not Ditched. Its not about the pilot, its about the plane. If you land it, great you get full perks and name in lights. If you ditch it behind friendly lines, the aircraft is counted as recoverable, but you didnt complete your mission by landing it, so no name in lights and less perks. bail from the plane, get killed or ditch it behind enemy lines and the aircraft is lost, so that counts as a D against you.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »
If you lose the plane, you lose the perk bonus, perks it cost if any and you get a "death" tallied against you.  All that "death" is in AH is a loss.  It only means you lost a fight, which you did.  You get to keep all your kills, even if you die at exactly the same moment as your target.  I once did an HO with an Me262 and the system recorded our deaths in the same moment and awarded each of us a kill on the other.  When looking at my stats for that tour you will see one kill of an Me262 by Karnak in a Mosquito VI.  That I died in the doing matters not at all to me getting to keep my kill.

(Obviously I'd have preferred to live, but hey, it was an Me262 and it had to die)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
My understanding, and it may be wrong, is that bail/ditch/capture affects K/D ratio negatively.  If that is true, then a rescued pilot should get to keep his kills as landed, not as bailed/ditch/captured because, for one reason, he is sacrificing his kills per hour to wait on the rescue. 

However, if I was told incorrectly, another argument would have to be made.

He shouldn't get to land kills if he first had to bail, in order for his mommy to come pick him up.  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
He shouldn't get to land kills if he first had to bail, in order for his mommy to come pick him up.  :rolleyes:

I bet if you were carrying 8 when you got gang-banged you'd love your mommy to come pick you up.  If you say no, you're a liar.  :rofl